Author Topic: New Krux K5 coming out later this year  (Read 14524 times)

256 Ply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
New Krux K5 coming out later this year
« on: May 21, 2020, 02:39:23 AM »
  • Updated hanger and baseplate design (looks like they are going back to the old wavy baseplate design that goes thinner in the middle. Hanger still has the hole.
  • Quicker turning geometry
  • New pivot cup design for improved turning
  • New Downlow Kingpin with 9/16 hex head (skate tool friendly) & allen key adjustable (looks like they using the same design as the upcoming Indy Mid). Doesn't look like it's hollow like the current DLK, and appears possibly higher (but still sits super low).
  • New Shaft Nut baseplate insert for strength and rigidity (Grind King did this on the AXL (sleeve nut). Much better design prevents the kingpin from wiggling and creating play in your turns.
  • Will still have traditional non-inverted kingpin models available
  • Stronger SCM435 alloy steel axles
  • Hollow axles are back in some models
  • Embossed hanger size designations
  • Same sizes: 7.6, 8.0, 8.25, 8.5, 9.0

No idea if the height has changed (currently 55mm on the standard height).
Not sure if they will still be making low trucks.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1195
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: New Krux K5 coming out later this year
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 02:43:52 AM »
Sick, can’t wait to not buy them.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • the moon rules
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 02:53:43 AM »
The only pair of Krux trucks I ever skated I got from winning a Thrasher trivia contest question they put on the website once a month at the time. They sent me one regular truck and one downlow. That’s how I’ll always remember them
fuck you bama

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 04:30:45 AM »
I'll buy a set probably I still have my old krux from 2002 or some shit and they honestly arent bad. They were the low ones so I was probably missing out on some pop but the reverse kingpin is cool in my opinion.
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

sadnocomply

• Rep: 131
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 06:37:18 AM »
Can’t wait to scroll past them on skate sites as well as the puppy and roses variants  8)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 06:45:53 AM »
I don’t even like watching people who have krux skate.
There are of course exceptions, but those trucks come with a host of less than legal tricks that the owner is compelled to do.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 06:51:20 AM »
There are of course exceptions, but those trucks come with a host of less than legal tricks that the owner is compelled to do.

This!

That chick Arin on IG skates them and it baffles me. One of the first clips I saw was her kickflip front tail bigspin and my first thought was "damn that was good" second thought "on krux, wow"
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 07:31:56 AM »
I fucking hate Krux. Krux is equal to dog shit with axles pushed into it.

My madness has a limit and kruxs is way the fuck over the section 8 line ked.

The round edge on the inside of the base plate is a good idea all trucks should do that. It makes me think about old Cell Block risers. The rounder edge may make it harder to snap your board.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the king pin breaks isnt it going to be stuck in the baseplate's sleeve nut.

The gk truck I thought of this right away. If the base plate gets cross threaded what then?

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 07:32:37 AM »

Even steeze? https://www.instagram.com/chazortiz/?hl=en

- New pivot cup design for improved turning

Curious if they are making it shorter, the cups and cavity are currently so deep.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 07:38:27 AM by Xen »

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 07:41:47 AM »
The only pair of Krux trucks I ever skated I got from winning a Thrasher trivia contest question they put on the website once a month at the time. They sent me one regular truck and one downlow. That’s how I’ll always remember them

This happened to me except I got one low and one high.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 08:17:41 AM »
I'm not going to write off the redesign yet - and I bought a set of Krux, rode them for a day then gave them away.

Krux suck.  Which gives them the ability to innovate without their current users bitching. 

Indy, Ace, Thunder and Venture all have cult like followers and specific geometry.  If any of them were to try to make this many changes in a new version there would be an uproar from the cultists.

Tensor sucked.  They had the freedom to come out with the ATG truck - which I hear is quite good.

I will try them if they come out with a truck that actually turns and has an inverted kingpin. Although I'll wait to get the confirmation from others that they actually turn.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 08:25:18 AM »
Do the new trucks come in Louie‘s face colour way?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 08:25:54 AM »
I'm not going to write off the redesign yet - and I bought a set of Krux, rode them for a day then gave them away.

Krux suck.  Which gives them the ability to innovate without their current users bitching. 

Indy, Ace, Thunder and Venture all have cult like followers and specific geometry.  If any of them were to try to make this many changes in a new version there would be an uproar from the cultists.

Tensor sucked.  They had the freedom to come out with the ATG truck - which I hear is quite good.

I will try them if they come out with a truck that actually turns and has an inverted kingpin. Although I'll wait to get the confirmation from others that they actually turn.

Nail on the head.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 09:56:34 AM »

I never rode Krux by my friend swears by them. The basic standard ones. Plus Kevin Braun is sick and he had a Krux Truck model. Im done with truck madness.

Tensor ATG turn very nice. Replaced my forged hollow Indy 149 with the atg maglight 5.75 (55mm) and I dont think Ill sway from these trucks from now on. Fully sold on them.

I weighed them last night and the  5.75 (8.38") maglights weighs 272 grams. The forged hollow 149 is 356 grams. With easy streets 53mm v1 and bearings the tensor weighs 426g and the indy with the same easy streets weighs 509g. So two indys with wheels weigh 1018g and two tensors with same wheels weigh 854g. Thats a MAJOR difference (the feel is significant) plus they grind amazing. Takes a lil bit to get used to the superlight deck, but man it really seems to help with everything like pop and esp lifting up ollies till crouched if you know what I mean and of course shove it tricks and flips, pressure stuff. Its amazing how light they are.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:58:50 AM by tyshoes »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 10:09:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I never rode Krux by my friend swears by them. The basic standard ones. Plus Kevin Braun is sick and he had a Krux Truck model. Im done with truck madness.

Tensor ATG turn very nice. Replaced my forged hollow Indy 149 with the atg maglight 5.75 (55mm) and I dont think Ill sway from these trucks from now on. Fully sold on them.

I weighed them last night and the  5.75 (8.38") maglights weighs 272 grams. The forged hollow 149 is 356 grams. With easy streets 53mm v1 and bearings the tensor weighs 426g and the indy with the same easy streets weighs 509g. So two indys with wheels weigh 1018g and two tensors with same wheels weigh 854g. Thats a MAJOR difference (the feel is significant) plus they grind amazing. Takes a lil bit to get used to the superlight deck, but man it really seems to help with everything like pop and esp lifting up ollies till crouched if you know what I mean and of course shove it tricks and flips, pressure stuff. Its amazing how light they are.

I'm no professional numbers person but shouldn't the difference in weight be uniform?

Truck to truck you have a 84 gram difference
Truck/wheel/bearing to truck/wheel/bearing you have an 83 gram difference
And two trucks with wheel/bearing to two trucks wheel/bearing you have a 164 gram difference which comes out to 82 grams per

What if one truck weighs more than the other? Let your gear madness run wild now
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 10:11:38 AM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 10:38:38 AM »
Let's be honest, the only person we can immediately name on the Krux team is Nora, and she doesn't even use the stock bushings.

tyshoes

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 10:52:09 AM »
Let's be honest, the only person we can immediately name on the Krux team is Nora, and she doesn't even use the stock bushings.

Youre sleeping on Kevin Braun. Check his footage.

Yeah 83g per truck lighter w wheels, just reweighed. So 166 grams less. Thats pretty big.

The extra gram may have been washers or slight variation of a digi scale. scale only goes by gram increments.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:00:21 AM by tyshoes »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 10:58:06 AM »
No thanks

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2020, 10:59:58 AM »

silas

ryan lay

tyshoes

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2020, 11:03:38 AM »
No thanks

OK, lil unnecessary but hes very impressive so he and Ryan Lay are two that I can think of aside from nora.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 11:05:16 AM »

• New Shaft Nut baseplate insert for strength and rigidity (Grind King did this on the AXL (sleeve nut). Much better design prevents the kingpin from wiggling and creating play in your turns.
[/b]

As an inverted kingpin man myself, this piques my interest... if they sell the sleeve nut with the kingpin in an aftermarket kit, that would be sick.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 11:28:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

silas

ryan lay

Silas is on thunder now.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2020, 11:30:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

silas

ryan lay

Ortiz
Cario (and 99.9% of the Enjoi team, that should tell you something)
Santiago
Merlino
Sandoval

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2020, 01:18:21 PM »
krux actually turn well, yall are just too biased by their shitty marketing and the stupid hole
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2020, 01:25:38 PM »
krux actually turn well, yall are just too biased by their shitty marketing and the stupid hole

I don't think most people ride trucks loose enough for them to actually be able to determine if they fucking turn at all.

Like those people putting rock hard bushings in indys and saying they don't turn...wtf did you think would happen? Of course they don't ride 'loose' at all but tight as fuck as it is (people get wheelbite just stepping onto my board).

Truth be told, their marketing fucking sucks (hotdog trucks? Do you even want to sell into shops?); the hole doesn't bother me but I'm sure those same prigs who don't like the Theeve baseplate also don't like the krux hole  ::)

The stock bushings are still some of the best stocks you can get, tho I feel that the ACE Dual Duros are the BEST you can put in a barrel bottom-designed standard kingpin truck (indy/Venture/ACE/Krux/etc.)

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 01:44:20 PM »
i liked when krux was basically the tiltmode team plus some other solid skaters i.e. silas, tommy sandoval.
they still have great team for the most part.

but krux is bumming me out lately, i think when ron whaley left and alex white took over things got worse.
they are marketing towards the youtube/revive generation with manny, johnny giger, garret ginner etc.

can we just get a tilt mode truck brand?

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2020, 02:16:53 PM »
K4s didn't turn for shit. You get used to that, but fuck me when i switched from Indys to them it was hell

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2020, 03:40:02 PM »
Expand Quote
No thanks
[close]

OK, lil unnecessary but hes very impressive so he and Ryan Lay are two that I can think of aside from nora.
Was saying that about the trucks; I don’t mind Kevin Brauns skating.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2020, 04:45:48 PM »

My problem with krux is although they have a really responsive turn they don’t carve deep enough. I had a pair of forged 8.25s about 2 years ago and I could barely  get wheelbite with them because they just don’t go that deep. I rode the pair for a few months but then just caved in and got some indy’s that can never go wrong.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2020, 05:15:33 PM »
also associated krux with enjoi which really made me want a pair when I was a kid, however they looked like they'd suck in person so I stuck with the pair of ventures I got after trying silver which were terrible. always was tempted by the downlow kingpin though.

learned my lesson after starting out with silvers, just buy the good stuff. not gonna lie though, watching louie barletta footage made me want a pair recently even though I know for a fact I wont get along with them.

I remember they were the wave for those insta-dudes who skated friendship boards back in 2016, wasn't a fan.