Author Topic: Curious what woodshop my local uses  (Read 1544 times)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Curious what woodshop my local uses
« on: May 22, 2020, 04:12:42 AM »
My local in Quezon City sells decks and the quality is amazing. Had one for about 3 months skating daily until it gave up on me. Tried to ask him where they come from but he doesn't want to say anything about it.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Curious what woodshop my local uses
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 08:13:02 AM »
My local in Quezon City sells decks and the quality is amazing. Had one for about 3 months skating daily until it gave up on me. Tried to ask him where they come from but he doesn't want to say anything about it.

I can't help you, but that is a terrible name for a shop.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 09:41:30 AM »
Perhaps the top ply might give us some hints.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Malflourishment

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 09:52:09 AM »
I second what Allen said, take a photo of the top ply (there is usually some sort of give away around the bolt holes).  Also, I support shop owners who don’t tell folks where they get their boards from.  It usually leads to less people slinging shitty board graphics out of their trunk.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 10:44:51 AM »
I second what Allen said, take a photo of the top ply (there is usually some sort of give away around the bolt holes).  Also, I support shop owners who don’t tell folks where they get their boards from.  It usually leads to less people slinging shitty board graphics out of their trunk.

But what if these boards that are slung have some really dope art from their friend?

Malflourishment

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 10:51:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But what if these boards that are slung have some really dope art from their friend?

Hahaha, I’ll try not to knock it til I try it but my expectations are pretty low.  Couldn’t be any worse than the Real oval logo I suppose!

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 12:54:00 PM »
Here’s the pics

Board:

Nose:

Tail:

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 12:57:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hahaha, I’ll try not to knock it til I try it but my expectations are pretty low.  Couldn’t be any worse than the Real oval logo I suppose!

The graphics are dope. One I got is a graphic of a famous Filipino actor who always stars as the villain: Dick Israel.

Malflourishment

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 02:03:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The graphics are dope. One I got is a graphic of a famous Filipino actor who always stars as the villain: Dick Israel.

I can’t tell what it is unfortunately but the shape reminds me of clutch.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 06:05:18 PM »
Yeah, that was my first thought - I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you it's not BBS or PS Stix. That leaves a bunch of the other, less prevalent woodshops. It definitely seems like Clutch or even Quincy.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 08:13:36 PM »
That graphic is sick. Ricardo!

Are those ledges across from shangri la still there? In Ortigas near metrowalk?
Love that spot bro

And what the actual fuck happened to rasheed al rasheed. A few years ago I was really thinking he was about to blow up
listen to cosmic psychos

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 10:09:52 PM »
Yeah, that was my first thought - I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you it's not BBS or PS Stix. That leaves a bunch of the other, less prevalent woodshops. It definitely seems like Clutch or even Quincy.

Their 8.0 - 8.5 decks all have the same nose, tail, length and wheelbase size.

Nose: 7”
Tail: 6.75”
Wheelbase: 14.25”

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 10:17:29 PM »
That graphic is sick. Ricardo!

Are those ledges across from shangri la still there? In Ortigas near metrowalk?
Love that spot bro

And what the actual fuck happened to rasheed al rasheed. A few years ago I was really thinking he was about to blow up

I have no idea. I don’t live in Metro Manila right now. No clue about what happened to Rasheed. I hear mostly negative rumors about him. It would be sick if he makes a comeback

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 12:06:35 AM »
Oh ok no worries. I don’t know him just happened to bump into him skating spots a couple of times in ph. This is going back a few years now. He used to rip
listen to cosmic psychos

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2020, 10:30:17 AM »
Looks like Clutch B or S shape. They have standard WB on those shapes.Maybe Prime because the nose is so tapered.

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 02:30:51 PM »
Thanks for the replies.
Got another question about a pricepoint board brand famous in Southeast Asia: BDskateco a brand from Spain. The brand could've been nice but their graphics are corny and the name sucks. Since it's pressed one by one, is it Dwindle that presses BD?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 02:44:30 PM by 1121317 »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 07:41:48 PM »
Thanks for the replies.
Got another question about a pricepoint board brand famous in Southeast Asia: BDskateco a brand from Spain. The brand could've been nice but their graphics are corny and the name sucks. Since it's pressed one by one, is it Dwindle that presses BD?

Hello fellow South East Asian! I think BDskateco does their boards in China probably though DSM. I see their boards and wheels frequently on Taobao. I think they press for the local brand Do By Heart (DBH), even DGK does their pricepoint boards though DSM as well.

I'm inclined to believe that the shop blank you posted earlier are from China too. South East Asia has loads of these blanks floating around, I found another "woodshop" called Boom Boom Tech (https://www.instagram.com/boomboomtech/?hl=en) from Malaysia, though I doubt they are actually pressed there. Haven't tried them before, but I've seen a couple of local companies spring up probably using their wood.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m