Author Topic: Stock bushing looking crumbly  (Read 581 times)

Bakuhai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Stock bushing looking crumbly
« on: May 23, 2020, 05:43:02 PM »
Sup, typical new guy who registered because he has a question (plan on sticking around though.)

Just set up my first complete 2 weeks ago, couldn't ride til yesterday because I tore ligaments in my foot when I was riding my buddy's board.

Anywho, the top conical shaped stock bushing on one of the trucks is looking crumbly (Venture trucks.) Do I need to look into ordering some aftermarket replacements?

When I tighten the kingpin on the crumbly bushing truck, it has far lest resistance than the truck that's fine.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Stock bushing looking crumbly
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 07:21:49 PM »
You could probably make that work, but personally, I’d swap it out.

I’m like 98% certain if you email Deluxe that they’d send you some replacements for free because they definitely shouldn’t look like that after only 2 weeks.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Bakuhai

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 07:38:04 PM »
You could probably make that work, but personally, I’d swap it out.

I’m like 98% certain if you email Deluxe that they’d send you some replacements for free because they definitely shouldn’t look like that after only 2 weeks.

I only rode them one day, and again right now. I'm as beginner as it gets so I'm just cruising and practicing manuals to get comfy on the board. I'm willing to bet that I just tightened the kingpins too much and my terrible beginner-level balance did it in.

I may shoot an email, but also thinking it may be easier to order some harder ones.

That said, followup question. I'm looking at a lot of aftermarket bushings and most seem conical on both top and bottom. My stock bushings are only conical on the bottom, and cylindrical on the top. Do bushings come with the washer/cup bit they rest in, or will I need to order those separately?

Edit: online descriptions are terrible and don't always say. Found the answer from a YouTube review of bones mediums.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 08:28:10 PM by Bakuhai »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »
It’s likely because your trucks are far too tight.
I rode tight trucks from like age 13-23 and I never had bushings that didn’t crumble almost immediately.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

ZachV

• Rep: -9
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 06:01:27 PM »
When my bushings crumble I usually get after market Indy bushings (the orange ones.) I have had bones mediums before and I didnt really enjoy them. Bushings are all just preference tho,  and you will find out what you like the longer you skateboard :)
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ