Author Topic: Worst you ever got hurt on something simple?  (Read 5150 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Worst you ever got hurt on something simple?
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2020, 04:27:32 PM »
Dislocated shoulder on flatground half cab heel. Accidentally landed in manual, board shot forward, I fell straight onto my elbow.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2020, 02:09:51 AM »
Currently chilling on a severely stiff/sore lower back from popping a chinese nollie off of a crack in the tiles at the local plaza when I first got there. I know I should always be stretching first but that was fucked up.

One time I fell on a slappy and landed on top of my keys which were in my pocket in just the right way for my keys to stab my leg and give me a hematoma (leg filled with blood on the inside and swelled up super huge).

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2020, 03:16:37 AM »
Broken ribs on a flat bar board slide...

Half way through a session, decided to get some thai food...came back, first thing i tried a backside boardslide on a 30cm high flat bar...didnt get over the bar, landed on the bar on my nose, board slipped out and i landed side first on the bar, broke 3 ribs!

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2020, 03:07:19 AM »
Parking lot after riding the local park, just chatting with friends. I stand on my homie's board, not paying attention, and forgetting that he rode notoriously loose trucks. I pop a stationary ollie to manual, then my ankle folds like a cheap lawn chair. Board shoots out, I fall back onto my knee which lands "perfectly" on a rock on the pavement. I'm rolling in pain a la Peter Griffin while my friends are rolling in laughter... Ankle was twisted so I was out for a few weeks that summer. Fun times.

As many have noted, we always get got when we least expect it.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Brguy

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2020, 08:53:40 AM »
Twisted my ankle while jumping over a small rail, I wasn't even skating, just really drunk.

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2020, 06:26:30 PM »
About ten years ago, I managed to break my ankle doing a kickflip bs 5050 on a ledge.

Last week I damn near broke my other ankle on a nollie inward heel on flat.

Can't wait to see what comes next.

switchnollieboardslide

• Rep: 0
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2020, 07:27:56 PM »
broke my elbow boardsliding a short ass double sided ledge i had been boardsliding all day.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2020, 02:18:44 AM »
Torn ligament on the inside of my ankle - rolled it on a flatground kickflip...

Landed too high up the nose and my front foot just folded off the front of the board. Must have done hundreds of kickflips this year, so it was pretty ironic that's what got me...or I suppose inevitable if you do enough of the same trick, either way it's deffo put paid to most of my skating progression for the rest of this year.

It's put me out for 8 weeks sofar, but rehab is going OK...started skating again a bit, but I think it'll be a few weeks before I fancy trying to land that first post-injury flip.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2020, 06:05:17 AM »
At the skate lite park by my house there is a bmx table top (two 4 ft quarter pipes with 6 ft of flat) in the middle of The two end ramps. I would only use it to pump for speed or manual tricks.

So, I drop in off the 6 ft roll in and my board is backwards. Fuck it, I’ll just do a nose manual across the deck.

I mistimed the nose manual and hung up in the front of the obstacle. Tripped. Tried to run out of it but didn’t have enough room. Fell to the flat with my right fist under my stomach.

Long story short, I wound up in the hospital for 4 days with a partially ruptured spleen. Luckily I did not need surgery, but I was told not to move for 4 days while my spleen stopped bleeding.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2020, 07:35:48 AM »
1/4/2001:
Kickflip off a 3 stair. Landed with my back foot half off the board, tore tendons/ligaments etc. Was off my board for 4 months. 24 year old me

Fast forward to XMas last year. I did the same injury (not skating) by slipping out of a tree (was trying to get my sons friends ball out of it), and have only been able to skate recently since the end of 2019. 43 (and 44) year old me this time. Not healing as fast at all! Think I did that math right

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2020, 11:35:49 PM »
Bombing a mild hill by my house. Looked at this brand new merc and next thing u know Im on the pavement.  Worst part wasnt the road rash it was the embarrassment that a random family saw the whole thing unfold.   

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2020, 07:40:59 AM »
Just today skating a manual pad wasn’t really feeling it, 180 up, stepped off and proceeded to roll absolute fuck out of my ankle

Hours later, loads of beer and lsd and my shit is a fucking balloon how did this even happen i can’t walk
listen to cosmic psychos

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2020, 09:47:52 AM »
Sprained the absolute fuck out of my wrist ollieing over what was essentially a glorified curb. I had been killing my ditch spot and got too greedy went for my "ledge" spot. Hybris.
Whoa. Danger.

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2020, 05:19:19 AM »
I broke a bone (thumb metacarpal) in my hand trying to do a shrimp ollie....

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2020, 07:05:18 AM »
I tried a varial heel on flat once and just landed on my feet not on the board and my back went out. I ended up getting a slipped disk and pinched nerve. I couldn’t walk for a week, I had to crawl out of bed and crawl to the bathroom.
It was extremely difficult to wipe my own ass but luckily I still was able to manage to do so.
I’ve had back injuries like this a dozen times and it’s almost always been from something small.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2020, 07:43:43 AM »
Back in August I was doing just a regular pop shove off a box and through some dumbass misfortune I slipped out onto my back, knocked the breath out of me, sprained my wrist, and threw my back out. Couldnt walk upright for weeks, had to go to the Chiro, and I'm still using icy hot. This is what getting older and skating does to you

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2020, 04:28:34 PM »
I was skating this really steep pool for the first time, gave it a few tries but it was almost like a wall. On the last try I took off my front foot to walk away, but I step on some water, sliding with both feet. My deck hit the side of the pool but never got up, it stuck between the floor and the side, also my back foot stuck in the grip tape. Ended up hitting full speed my whole weight in my back foot, basically my ass touching my heel while also the toes hitting the shin. I must have destroyed every little internal ankle ligament because I couldn't put any weight, I wanted to cry while getting out of the pool.

Only got x-rays so never know what really happened with it, got 6 weeks with a boot, 3 weeks after the injury my dad needed help so I took the boot of, limped 1 week but started working again. Took almost a year to skate again, never really recovered. Lost everything switch/nollie.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2020, 05:12:45 PM »
I slipped out when practicing slappy fs nose grinds on a curved curb and split my eyebrow open on the curb and chipped a bunch of my teeth.

When I was drinking really heavily I was day drunk and skating to the local shop, when I went to pop up onto the curb in front of the shop I hit something when I landed, my board flew back wards and got ran over in traffic and I ended smashing my back into a planter in front of the shop.

Also a couple years back I was skating once there was snow on the ground and saw a patch of ice and thought it would be a good idea to try to power slide across the ice, I slipped back halfway through and hit my head on the ice.