Author Topic: James Hardy calls out HK  (Read 26462 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
James Hardy calls out HK
« on: May 26, 2020, 09:33:49 PM »

Apparently Heath and skate talk bob jumped him when he was 15 and sent him to the hospital.

euro tm

Re: James Hardy calls out HK
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 09:37:20 PM »
imagine that shit now haha james would break them both in half

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 09:48:54 PM »
Have y’all not heard his bunt episode?

HORSES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 09:51:06 PM »
James Hardy is the truth. HK has always been a kook. Incredible skateboarder, no doubt, but an absolute kook.

As for Mike Sinclair, well....

LiveFromTheCreek

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 09:52:39 PM »
I respect it

Fuck all that fake ass "best dude" shit

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 09:58:04 PM »
I agree with his premise even if it wasn't said in the best way. It's just an example of the saying "never meet your hero's" Heath is legendary on the board, but just because you love his Mindfield, Sight Unseen and This is Skateboarding parts (I love them too) doesn't make him a great person. This is also only Hardy's perspective, but if someone sends you to the hospital as a prank, you have no obligation to shut the fuck up about it cause Heath is a legend.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 10:00:30 PM »
He is rad though.   But yah all the Heath fan boys on here are gross. They like his hair.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 10:01:32 PM »

I do agree pro worship gets out of Hand, especially when you don’t know them personally.

Sinclair being about the money is fine he’s a fucking TM. Is he suppose to rangle a bunch of man children for the culture?

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 10:28:54 PM »
Who in here thought Heath was a sweetheart? I
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 10:34:37 PM »
Who in here thought Heath was a sweetheart? I
  Nobody, but other people who are cocksuckers don't get the pass Heath gets. People don't be liking jeremy whatever his name is.  Berra would prolly treat you better then Heath would have if you were in a vulnerable situation .  Prolly less of a cocksucker.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 10:37:12 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 10:41:36 PM »
Whoever that other guy is is mad annoying.

Nobody ever thought Heath was a personable guy, and this is really shitty but I mean nothing's going to change. It's the word of an icon over a guy who fell off over a decade ago.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 10:43:41 PM »
Whoever that other guy is is mad annoying.

Nobody ever thought Heath was a personable guy, and this is really shitty but I mean nothing's going to change. It's the word of an icon over a guy who fell off over a decade ago.
  What?  Did Heath speak on it?

AfricanPendejo

• Rep: -63
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 10:49:08 PM »
Good thread. Glad to see someone letting loose on the industry it really demystifies a lot of the industry. We need that.
FREE MAX B

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 10:52:21 PM »
I read Hardy's acct of the initial hazing. I dunno, man. I despise hazing. One of the many reasons I had no desire to join a fraternity in college. Who would willingly put themselves in the position to be hazed? For what? Some new friends. lol fuck that. But, it sounds like Hardy was an unwilling participant in this case.

I dunno. It sounds like Hardy and Kirchart crossed paths again at a skate event and the latter was not happy with the story about his behaviour circulating...but what did he really expect? If you act like a dipshit, there are gonna be stories out there about you acting like a dipshit.

Hardy says Kirchart apologized at that moment. And it sounds like Hardy accepted it? So why is this a continuing story. Me thinketh Hardy will not let it go. It's not like they stuck a broomstick up his butthole.

I was mean to other kids when I was a kid. And other kids were mean to me when I was a kid. Usually the offending party apologizes and everyone moves on. Not sure why this persists.

Sounds like James Hardy views this experience like he was 50 Cent getting shot 9 times by the Supreme Team and now he's gonna get rich or die trying? Pick your battles, bro.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 11:00:37 PM »
I read Hardy's acct of the initial hazing. I dunno, man. I despise hazing. One of the many reasons I had no desire to join a fraternity in college. Who would willingly put themselves in the position to be hazed? For what? Some new friends. lol fuck that. But, it sounds like Hardy was an unwilling participant in this case.

I dunno. It sounds like Hardy and Kirchart crossed paths again at a skate event and the latter was not happy with the story about his behaviour circulating...but what did he really expect? If you act like a dipshit, there are gonna be stories out there about you acting like a dipshit.

Hardy says Kirchart apologized at that moment. And it sounds like Hardy accepted it? So why is this a continuing story. Me thinketh Hardy will not let it go. It's not like they stuck a broomstick up his butthole.

I was mean to other kids when I was a kid. And other kids were mean to me when I was a kid. Usually the offending party apologizes and everyone moves on. Not sure why this persists.

Sounds like James Hardy views this experience like he was 50 Cent getting shot 9 times by the Supreme Team and now he's gonna get rich or die trying? Pick your battles, bro.
Kids will be kids might be a valid explanation when two people are the same age. Not when one is 16 and the other is 27 doing it alongside people in their 30's.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 11:02:36 PM »
LOL @ Kirchart giving someone a dead leg and throwing flour in their face when he was 27...really?  I'm gonna have to look into this timeline...

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 11:04:24 PM »
LOL @ Kirchart giving someone a dead leg and throwing flour in their face when he was 27...really?  I'm gonna have to look into this timeline...
Hardy said it happened when he was 16, Kirchart is 11 years older than him. Dan Rogers was in his 30's.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 11:04:42 PM »
   LOL?   Tf is wrong with you?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 11:10:15 PM »
Yes, I did the math. Pretty immature and, yes, jock-y behavior for a 27 year old.

Here's one account I found from Hardy:

"What's your deal with Heath Kirchart?

It's a long story. My first trip out to California, I came out with Ben Gilley and a few other homies. We ended up staying in Los Angeles with Kirchart. He lived with Bob Reynolds, Dan Rogers, and Brian Young. It was my 16th birthday one night we were there. As soon as it turned midnight those guys came in wasted and proceeded to beat me up. Big brother approach, except I didn't really know these guys. Dan got me in some weird wresting hold where I was on my stomach on the ground and the other three were all dead legging me, hitting one spot over and over. Kirchart was heel kicking me over and over. Somehow an Airsoft gun came into play and they were shooting me on the bottom of my bare feet. Then they hog tied me and threw me in the backyard. They hosed me down with water and threw flour on me. Heath threw a huge chunk in my face. It got all in my eyes. My eyes swelled shut and I had to go to the ER in the morning, and spent all day in the ER by myself. It left a bad taste in my mouth for California. I was still young, I guess. Years later the story got around back to Heath. I saw him at the Vans Downtown Showdown a couple years ago. He came up to me, and was like, "You're making me out to be a bad guy. Saying I threw flour in your face." He forgot that they filmed the whole thing and it was all on some dumb tape. I told him that and he apologized about it. But whatever, I'm over it now. I think everyone else makes a bigger deal out of it than me. I think Heath's skating is sick, and I've always been down for it."

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2020, 11:12:57 PM »
Here's a more detailed account I found:

"James Hardy, The Bunt: We went to LA to stay with [Dan Rogers, Heath Kirchart, Skatetalk Bob], I was turning 16 on the trip, while I was staying with them. I was super excited to meet Kirchart, he was one of my favorite skaters, but he was pretty reclusive… as the tale goes with him. He didn’t come out hardly ever when we were there the first four or five days. And then that’s when my birthday happened. I was asleep on the couch and lights come on and I get woke up getting put in a headlock by Dan Rogers. He was into wrestling or some of that stupid shit so he put me in some weird jock-y headlock. I got my face on the ground, he’s got his foot on my neck.

I had my face on the ground, squirming. I’ll throw Ben [Gilly] under the bus… I think I kicked his foot and he went off crying hobbling to the bedroom. Heath randomly came out of his cave and started heel kicking the back of my thigh. And started punching me. My nose started bleeding at one point… he had me in the headlock, they beat my arms to a pulp, my legs to a pulp, at a certain point I couldn’t walk.

…Eventually I was so tired I just gave up. Just beat me, I don’t care. They duct-taped my arms together, duct taped my feet, my whole legs together and then threw me in the backyard and just left me there. Someone had flour… they came out, thought that would be even cooler just to throw flour on my face. So they threw flour on my face. After I while they felt bad, I was spitting it out… so stupid, so jock-y. And then they came and hosed me down with a water hose, left me out there another 30 minutes.

Eventually the party’s over, they cut me loose. I hated all of them. I was 16… I thought all these dudes were pro skaters, they’re supposed to be rad, I thought they left all the jock stuff back in middle school. It was just typical jock-y shit. Anyway I shower and rinse off, go to bed, exhausted, just can barely stand. I wake up in the morning and my eyes are just plastered shut with pus. I could not open my eyes. I had to take my fingers and peel my eyelids open.

…And they filmed the whole thing and gave it to me as a birthday present. I still have the tape somewhere back home. So once I got sponsored that story got told a couple times, just in passing. At the Vans downtown showdown, in 2008, 2007… I told that story to a couple buddies, I guess it got around a little bit. And Kirchart came up to me, and said, “Hey man, what’s your deal?” I said, “What are you talking about?” “You’re making me look like a bad guy with that story.” I said, “Yeah, you pretty much beat me to a pulp and left me outside with flour in my eyes so I don’t really feel bad about telling that story.”

“Well you’re just making me look like the bad guy, I didn’t even do any of that.” I said, “Actually yeah, you did.”

…I will say he is one of my favorite skaters, even after that. But I never want to see him again."

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2020, 11:20:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

LOL @ how ridiculous it is for an ostensibly grown man to act like that lol.

I still think that if Kirchart apologized for his behaviour and James Hardy accepted his apology...it can and should be moved on from. If James Hardy wants to accept the apology and keep on discussing it, then he better be a way doper skater than Kirchart and he better be making major moves in the industry, like about to run the shit, like we need to see James Hardy Pro Skateboarder video games coming out...because otherwise, what's the point?

You gotta play to win...and Kirchart is a tough one to win against as far as his legend status is concerned...

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2020, 11:24:55 PM »
"Kirchart came up to me, and said, “Hey man, what’s your deal?” I said, “What are you talking about?” “You’re making me look like a bad guy with that story.” I said, “Yeah, you pretty much beat me to a pulp and left me outside with flour in my eyes so I don’t really feel bad about telling that story.”"

Hee hee

Bitchardo Scantron

• Rep: -93
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2020, 11:50:22 PM »
Have y’all not heard his bunt episode?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2020, 11:56:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

LOL @ how ridiculous it is for an ostensibly grown man to act like that lol.

I still think that if Kirchart apologized for his behaviour and James Hardy accepted his apology...it can and should be moved on from. If James Hardy wants to accept the apology and keep on discussing it, then he better be a way doper skater than Kirchart and he better be making major moves in the industry, like about to run the shit, like we need to see James Hardy Pro Skateboarder video games coming out...because otherwise, what's the point?

You gotta play to win...and Kirchart is a tough one to win against as far as his legend status is concerned...
  I'm pretty sure Hardy is just as good as Heath though -he can do perfect kfs over handrails on command.  So he can say whatever that way.  Prolly regretting not kicking his ass I'd say and he's hoping to get shit going -that's on him and between him and Heath.  That 2nd version of the story was fucked up.  Sketchy shit.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2020, 12:03:02 AM »
My next door neighbor used to be this guy named Manny. We shared a wall. We also worked at the same company within walking distance from the apt complex. Manny had a bad cocaine problem and what was described to me as an "arsenal" of handguns. I was a paralegal and Manny was like a Telecomm guy who made the phones work. At some point, Manny decided me and him were gonna have a problem. He was a wannabe-sociopath who was just not intelligent enough to be a real sociopath. One time I had to define the word "irate" to him during one of his angry, coke-fueled fits. He called me a "clown," a "fag," "ugly" and "fat" all on a regular basis. He stared me down and harassed me whenever I came to and fro my apt, had his unleashed Pit Bull intimidate me and would try to spread gossip and lies about me on at work and at home. It was like high school, and we were two men in our mid30's. This went on for years.

Ultimately, things didn't end well for Manny. He went on a downward spiral of his own doing and now he's out of the picture completely. And I'm still here.

My point is that Manny was no Heath Kirchart. Manny portrayed himself as this popular, legendary dude that everyone liked and held on a pedestal and I, as his nemesis, was in for a world of hurt if I considered standing up to him and the Manny-army. But what I learned later is that there was no real Manny-army. Most ppl didn't even like Manny and they were relieved when Manny lost his job and had to move out.

So, I talk shit about Manny any time I want these days. I got a few classic stories out of the ordeal. The only thing stopping me from talking about Manny non-stop is me realizing that I'm talking about Manny and how lame he is too often. I can't be defined by my distaste for Manny; I have to tell the Manny horror stories sporadically.

But, for James Hardy, there is a Heath-army. It's a real thing. And Hardy's not doing himself any favors by lingering on the subject. He needs to have some more confidence in the fact that he was wronged by Kirchart and Hardy is the one who acted correctly and just move on. He's not going to  be able to sway or take on the Heath-army -- the only thing that would do that is a skate career as legendary as Heath's -- and if that hasn't happened by 31, it's not going to. If Hardy isn't gonna be able to get one over on Heath in the long-run -- and the initial transgression really wasn't too over the line -- then the smart move is to keep it moving as opposed to holding a grudge.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2020, 12:06:42 AM »
But I'm just a guy who likes to win. What do I know?

oldbummer

• Rep: -25
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2020, 12:12:08 AM »
HK wanted to be like BAM

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 12:46:54 AM »
fuck heath. james posts some redneckshit on instagram but no one deserves that. james prolly just mad his hot ass wife left him
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -388
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2020, 01:08:17 AM »
So much heath
9/11 was a national tragedy

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2020, 01:24:10 AM »
Heath is kind of a frat boy-sounding name if you think about it.