Author Topic: Century Optics of Xtreme  (Read 7063 times)

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
Re: Century Optics of Xtreme
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2020, 08:20:15 AM »
Nah I just have a burner insta account so no one I’m blocked and it’s not showing up when I search
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

bataaard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2020, 10:29:46 AM »
the website is still on. maybe he is gonna come back under another name

ferbmx

• Rep: -2
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2020, 04:27:16 PM »
Mason Silva talking a bit about the Panny cameras and the Xtreme fisheye on his recent Thrasher magazine on the website.

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2020, 01:09:57 PM »
Mason Silva talking a bit about the Panny cameras and the Xtreme fisheye on his recent Thrasher magazine on the website.

I agree to an extent. I just wish people would realize you don't need an MK1 or an Xtreme fisheye to make a good setup or edit.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2020, 08:03:33 PM »
Anyone know of a cheap fish eye for a pentax k-50?

ferbmx

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2020, 10:03:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree to an extent. I just wish people would realize you don't need an MK1 or an Xtreme fisheye to make a good setup or edit.

Its sounds like you never been filming with any of them... Are you gonna tell me that a cheap ass Opteka looks better than the quality of Century´s glass and his distortion? or any of those DSLRs fisheyes???

non-playable character

• Rep: 8
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2020, 01:35:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Its sounds like you never been filming with any of them... Are you gonna tell me that a cheap ass Opteka looks better than the quality of Century´s glass and his distortion? or any of those DSLRs fisheyes???

Agreed. Only thing that can get remotely close is HD 4:3. Actually thinking of selling my MK1 to upgrade as well since tapes are dumb expensive now anyways

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2020, 01:40:31 AM »
HVX/HPX/HMC + MK2 looks pretty good in 4:3 in my opinion, I'm just not sure I (and my back) will like the massive camera after being used to the VX maniability.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

bataaard

• Rep: 40
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2020, 02:03:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Agreed. Only thing that can get remotely close is HD 4:3. Actually thinking of selling my MK1 to upgrade as well since tapes are dumb expensive now anyways

keep your MK1! there are ways to put it on HD cameras. It's gonna be way better than a MK2, an opteka, or any other dslr fisheye for HD 4/3

non-playable character

• Rep: 8
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2020, 02:48:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

keep your MK1! there are ways to put it on HD cameras. It's gonna be way better than a MK2, an opteka, or any other dslr fisheye for HD 4/3

I've considered it. Saw your video on how to do it and my friend uses a similar setup now too. I do like the way it looks, but personally I need to have a setup that's more versatile and allows for more commercial/photo stuff too.

ferbmx

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2020, 03:00:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

AMEN!!!

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2020, 03:54:54 AM »
HVX/HPX/HMC + MK2 looks pretty good in 4:3 in my opinion, I'm just not sure I (and my back) will like the massive camera after being used to the VX maniability.

HVXs are a killer, HMCs aren't that bad though due to not having the useless tape deck
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

ferbmx

Century Optics of Xtreme for HVX200
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2020, 09:28:21 PM »
Just saw it on eBay... Filmer Cameron Holland selling his Xtreme. In case anyone is on the hunt for one!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Century-Precision-Optics-Xtreme-Fisheye/274582583161?hash=item3fee65b779:g:NCQAAOSwpVxftrx3

shredslap

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2020, 04:07:28 AM »
Dang, need one for HPX170 asap. If only it was the HPX version..

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2020, 06:21:46 AM »
Dang, need one for HPX170 asap. If only it was the HPX version..

Someone should really make third party rails. If someone has access to a cnc machine (not sure what you would use) to make them, and sell them for a good price that would save a lot of time and money

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2020, 05:18:29 PM »
Looking at alternatives, has anyone ever used one of these for the Panasonics?

https://www.deathlensfisheyesales.com/product-page/deathlens-fs-v1-72mm-1

HURRICANEDEATH

• Rep: 3
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2020, 06:53:58 AM »

I have one of the 3CCD ones. I didn’t feel like it was wide enough. Had to stand kind of far back to get the whole skater in the shot. I can post some of the footage I got with it if anyone wants to see it. 

With that being said, if anyone wants to buy one without paying 350, I’d be willing to sell mine for 100 plus shipping. You would just need to get another 72mm to 72mm spacer ring as the one I have is stripped.
Grinding down their system one curb at a time.

clintendo

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2020, 03:38:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have one of the 3CCD ones. I didn’t feel like it was wide enough. Had to stand kind of far back to get the whole skater in the shot. I can post some of the footage I got with it if anyone wants to see it. 

With that being said, if anyone wants to buy one without paying 350, I’d be willing to sell mine for 100 plus shipping. You would just need to get another 72mm to 72mm spacer ring as the one I have is stripped.

I'd be keen to see the footage and possibly on the lens also, but it will be shipping to AUS

Thanks in advance

KDP

• Rep: 12
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2020, 12:54:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Would be killer to see footage - especially if you have the Xtreme too and can do a comparison...

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2021, 07:38:17 PM »
I assume the DLFS 3ccd lens are all rebranded optekas, if I’m wrong please let me know.

I found this video googling trying to decide whether or not to buy one and looks pretty good to me. Disclaimer, Not my video.

https://youtu.be/CrKt1hlBwFg

clintendo

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2021, 09:24:14 PM »
I assume the DLFS 3ccd lens are all rebranded optekas, if I’m wrong please let me know.

I found this video googling trying to decide whether or not to buy one and looks pretty good to me. Disclaimer, Not my video.

https://youtu.be/CrKt1hlBwFg

Not bad, bit more vig and taper then the XTREME but definitely not the worst options out there
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 07:16:24 AM by clintendo »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2021, 06:12:04 AM »
Think I had one of those, but it somehow got misplaced when I moved house / possibly got robbed. It was super weird. Very wide but got much wider towards the edges which made everything look even more warped than usual. Wasn't great tbh I've never really seen a look like that in a regular video. Ended up getting a DSLR for fisheye stuff. And yeah it has a lot of vig that you either need to crop, or you can warp out a bit in premiere to lessen the weirdness of the footage. Still not amazing though
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

ferbmx

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2021, 02:18:09 PM »
Filmer Luke Murphy (@lukemurphymedia) is taking initiative to get a new run of Xtreme fisheyes.

Pretty straightforward!

The Xtreme Fisheye Adapter from Century Optics has an unmatched size and width that can not be replaced by any other lens on the market today, it is still the choice for major companies like Nike and Vans for a reason. If you are a skater or traditional skate film fan than you know this is the real lens. I have talked to Century and they can make another run but the money needs to be provided up front. This is the only way to make it worth their while. If we all ban together we can make it happen. Thank you!

- Luke Murphy

- If you donate money and we do not reach our goal you will be refunded in full.

- If you put in $2700 or more you will get a lens when/if they are made.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/make-a-new-run-of-xtreme-fisheyes?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2021, 02:22:15 PM »
Interesting, thanks for sharing! Kind of crazy that the goal will be reached with 18 or 19 people paying $2700. I swear I've seen more than 19 people begging for Century to keep making the Xtremes...

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2021, 06:11:52 AM »
Interesting, thanks for sharing! Kind of crazy that the goal will be reached with 18 or 19 people paying $2700. I swear I've seen more than 19 people begging for Century to keep making the Xtremes...

I'm sure hundreds of people are begging, but that's because they like watching the videos, not buying the $3k lens and using it. I wonder how many xtreme lenses are actually out there in the world being used to begin with?

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2021, 07:29:39 AM »
I think the MK1 has a stronger chance of being made imo. The Xtreme is just too expensive for most people, even with Panasonics. You could get a good GH4 and a decent fisheye for the price of just the Xtreme.

pekkaaa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2021, 08:12:45 AM »
Shit was tempted to put 2,7k into this, but now it says "The organizer has currently disabled new donations to this fundraiser." Wonder what is up with that.

EDIT;
Oh shit, it's coming back(?) https://www.instagram.com/stories/lukemurphymedia/2495933669921004937/

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2021, 12:47:48 PM »
damn chad matthews went all in