Author Topic: Justice for George Floyd  (Read 9001 times)

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 204
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
Justice for George Floyd
« on: May 28, 2020, 12:48:36 PM »
might be the saddest of the police brutalities we've seen. all filmed on a smartphone. RIP George Floyd.

blurst_of_times

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
Re: Justice for George Floyd
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 01:43:29 PM »
RIP George Floyd. Hopefully this death and the resulting riots gets the MPD to wake the fuck up, but honestly how often has that been said before.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 02:13:08 PM »
might be the saddest of the police brutalities we've seen. all filmed on a smartphone. RIP George Floyd.

nearly identical to Eric Garner‘s murder though. RIP both.

Burn it down.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 02:54:55 PM »
Although not racially motivated, it reminded me a little of Tony Timpa. Only they were mocking Tony’s disability the whole time they killed him.

https://youtu.be/_c-E_i8Q5G0
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:00:26 PM by Cuban_Lynx »

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 04:34:33 PM »
If I was black and in America the police would have 100% killed my dumbass by now but because I'm a white Canadian you guys gotta read my shitty posts.

For real this kinda thing is so fucked up I saw some insta video of all the cops surrounding the murderers house to protect them. If they want to protect him why don't they throw his ass in jail?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 04:39:28 PM by Mog »

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 04:51:11 PM »
For real this kinda thing is so fucked up I saw some insta video of all the cops surrounding the murderers house to protect them. If they want to protect him why don't they throw his ass in jail?

Yeah i saw that too. I don't see how they can use resources to project a private citizens house since he was fired. Not to mention, I'm not sure that's gonna help bridge the gap between the community and the police that they're protecting a suspected murderer. Tho if he does have a family, he should probably think about relocating.

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 04:57:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah i saw that too. I don't see how they can use resources to project a private citizens house since he was fired. Not to mention, I'm not sure that's gonna help bridge the gap between the community and the police that they're protecting a suspected murderer. Tho if he does have a family, he should probably think about relocating.

That footage is gnarly! Fuck the Police!

I've cried a couple times over this murder. It's so horrific.

Hopefully the protests and justice will bring change to the police and legal system.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 07:11:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That footage is gnarly! Fuck the Police!

I've cried a couple times over this murder. It's so horrific.

Hopefully the protests and justice will bring change to the police and legal system.
That's what's so sad about every one of these killings. They have yet to bring any real systemic change. Look at how brutal the Rodney King beating was and the resulting LA riots. Nothing has changed since then and that was nearly 30 years ago.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 07:42:35 PM »
This may sound like tinfoil-hat shit but so did Operation Paperclip until the light was shed on that.

I fully believe that white supremacists are systematically infiltrating police forces around the US and have been for probably over a century:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

“In the 2006 bulletin, the FBI detailed the threat of white nationalists and skinheads infiltrating police in order to disrupt investigations against fellow members and recruit other supremacists. The bulletin was released during a period of scandal for many law enforcement agencies throughout the country, including a neo-Nazi gang formed by members of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department who harassed black and Latino communities. Similar investigations revealed officers and entire agencies with hate group ties in Illinois, Ohio and Texas.”

Dead Baby Lynx

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 08:01:02 PM »

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 09:37:20 PM »
I can't believe I watched people storm a police station and burn it to the ground on a live stream. Watching the chaos unfold in real-time is so surreal. Protests are popping off all across the country right now. If they don't arrest those fucking pigs in the next couple days then it's going to get deadly all across the country this weekend.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 09:54:49 PM »
This is the perfect storm.

Schools is out, Covid lockdown, unemployment through the roof, combined with a turbulent history between the Minneapolis community and MPD, the Amaud Aubrey and Breonna Taylor shootings, and now a completely indefensible murder in such a horrific and barbaric way caught on camera.

This is a mess.

jc

• Rep: -73
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 10:24:15 PM »

https://youtu.be/dDpJ5FtG6Ac

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 10:35:39 PM »
oh great, now trump is pouring gasoline on the fire.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266231100780744704

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 10:44:25 PM »

We might be witnessing the beginning of a true revolution or at worst a civil war. Things are progressing so rapidly and under all the circumstances you said earlier, I don't see an end to any of this.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:47:33 PM by ihatejulio »

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 10:45:17 PM »
R.I.P fallen brother. Unbelievable that this type of behavior is still happening in 2020.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 11:01:10 PM »

Saw that. Guy has been so busy all day tweeting about regulating twitter because they don't treat him fair.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 11:26:20 PM »

I actually read that this shit happens with those shooters because they want an airtight case. The trials will have an insane amount of public focus and you don't want a lawyer to find any kind of technicality or something to fuck up charges in how they were arrested or some shit. It might sound like bullshit, and I can't speak for the minds of the officers arresting the shooters but I was actually listening to a podcast today about the Tylenol Cyanide murders and how a prime suspect who was also caught almost dead to rights for a different murder had charges dismissed because the original arrest wasn't done properly and he wasn't read his miranda rights. He had charges dismissed, went home, booked it and then they were searching for him forever and eventually found him across the country after a ton of crazy ass searching.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 12:54:11 AM »
When George Floyd started crying out for his deceased mother ("...momma...i can't breathe...), that got me pretty emotional. Very sad. Hope these officers get arrested, charged and convicted...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 12:57:20 AM »
Donald Trump is a complete scumbag in way over his head in this role. Worse than Nixon and the Bushes. Total scumbag creep. After he leaves office, it's gonna take years to clean up his mess.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 02:29:39 AM »

I seriously fear that this is a recipe for civil war! Stay safe my American friends!

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 03:02:57 AM »
I personally doubt the protestors/rioters have it in them to do a full scale revolution. This is a bunch of frustrated people taking justified anger out in the most immediate way possible. Once the military starts shooting people things will probably quiet down real fast.

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 04:15:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I seriously fear that this is a recipe for civil war! Stay safe my American friends!
Jesus. This is terrifying. A bunch of people got poisoned after he told them to drink bleach, so I can only imagine how this will end.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2020, 04:20:56 AM »

What’s really messed up is what happened to the filmer of Eric Garner’s murder. Ramsey Orta got harassed and locked up for exposing this.

www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/3/13/18253848/eric-garner-footage-ramsey-orta-police-brutality-killing-safety

*I have nothing to do with Dead Baby Lynx

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2020, 04:38:17 AM »
RIP

i couldn't watch that video. horrible.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2020, 04:53:58 AM »

this comparison goes nowhere considering we can easily find abusive arrests of white men and proper arrests of black men (i know it's unbalanced though). It makes no sense to put different cases side by side without any context. Even with context...
Of course i am not denying the double standard at stake and the sadness of all that, but if people want to change things, it starts with avoiding fallacious reasoning.
Facts / Videos about George Floyd case are more than enough
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 05:04:14 AM by BALARGUE »

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2020, 05:09:41 AM »
Word, leave the mom and pop shops alone, burn down a police station or a government building. I was unaware that Minneapolis was so about that action. ✊🏾

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2020, 05:43:31 AM »
That Verge article is so fucked.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2020, 06:53:03 AM »
Word, leave the mom and pop shops alone, burn down a police station or a government building. I was unaware that Minneapolis was so about that action. ✊🏾
Mom and pops are being tore through as well. Cal Surf and Familia were cleaned out, amongst many other places. At this point most of the rioting has devolved into indiscriminate looting

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 88
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2020, 07:01:03 AM »
I am definitely losing faith in humanity.
RIP