Author Topic: Justice for George Floyd  (Read 9024 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Justice for George Floyd
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2021, 07:35:02 PM »
Minneapolis lookin like it’s under military occupation already. If they let Chauvin off, last summer will look mellow in comparison.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2021, 07:54:18 AM »
Anyone watching the closing arguments?

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2021, 08:39:20 AM »
I’m no conspiracy nut but I don’t see how he won’t be charged with at least manslaughter. You’re a cop and a man is dying whether you’re the one killing him or these drugs the defense are saying that did it. You’re supposed to help them regardless.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2021, 09:15:35 AM »
The Use of Force Expert who said Chauvin "was acting with objective reasonableness." had his previous house/neighborhood vandalized with pig blood/head.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/us/chauvin-witness-barry-brodd-pigs-blood-santa-rosa/index.html

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2021, 09:47:06 AM »
His lawyer really just entertained the idea that space aliens took over Chauvin’s body! This is hilariously painful.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2021, 11:43:03 AM »
The Use of Force Expert who said Chauvin "was acting with objective reasonableness." had his previous house/neighborhood vandalized with pig blood/head.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/us/chauvin-witness-barry-brodd-pigs-blood-santa-rosa/index.html

It's not that hard to clean or paint over for the people who got caught in the crossfire but light vandalism is seriously the low end of things that could happen to someone doing murder apologia. I mean Alan Dershowitz gets to freely walk around and people don't hiss or spit on the ground instinctively to dispel the dark energy that just passed by

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1396
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2021, 11:54:11 AM »
I'm not going to be surprised at how this trial pans out, either way. In that light, if Chauvin is convicted of anything, he's a sort of sacrificial lamb rather than such an outcome setting precedent. 1312
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2021, 12:28:32 PM »
Barry Brodd has made a living being an "expert" for cases like this (on top of the pension he is probably getting from California). He was paid nearly 12K for his testimony here.

I would guess dude takes his paycheck and says whatever the police union wants him to say.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 12:41:59 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2021, 01:51:50 PM »
I would guess dude takes his paycheck and says whatever the police union wants him to say.

Especially when every other expert they called said Chauvin's actions were excessive.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2021, 02:04:01 PM »
If Chauvin is convicted of anything, he's a sort of sacrificial lamb rather than such an outcome setting precedent. 1312

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2021, 02:27:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's not that hard to clean or paint over for the people who got caught in the crossfire but light vandalism is seriously the low end of things that could happen to someone doing murder apologia. I mean Alan Dershowitz gets to freely walk around and people don't hiss or spit on the ground instinctively to dispel the dark energy that just passed by
Fuck Brodd, but I wouldn’t want to be on the wrong side of this case for my own personal safety. He’s retired now, but my dad was a homicide investigator for the state. Anytime he was involved in a big case, our house would get vandalized and people would threaten to kill my sister and me.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2021, 02:45:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Fuck Brodd, but I wouldn’t want to be on the wrong side of this case for my own personal safety. He’s retired now, but my dad was a homicide investigator for the state. Anytime he was involved in a big case, our house would get vandalized and people would threaten to kill my sister and me.

That's totally fair. I just wish they had gotten that guys actual house.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2021, 09:05:55 PM »
Expand Quote
If Chauvin is convicted of anything, he's a sort of sacrificial lamb rather than such an outcome setting precedent. 1312
[close]

He kind of has to be either way. This is way beyond this one case. Something has to give. If this pig going down is the beginning of any semblance of justice and some hint of change, so be it.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2021, 09:16:14 PM »
Man I hate to make it all about me but yeah that white privilege is some real shit
I was drunk out of my mind the other night and I had enough green on me for it to become a proper issue and I thought I’d get some hungry jacks on way home
My bag split out the door my shit went everywhere and I lost it when they wouldn’t replace my shit
I ordered so much I shoulda got two bags
Motherfuckers tried to stitch me up

They called the cops on me and the cops didn’t even take my name. I thought I was fucked for about thirty seconds but the copper listened to my drunk arse, saw all my spilled food and said ‘that’s a shit go, did you get their details for complaint later’
Cause that was dinner and I had cash but ain’t paying twice fuck them man
My fault for going to a fucking Burger King yeah?

Man if I was a black North American they woulda shot my arse years ago

Edit
I mean no disrespect I just mean I wouldn’t feel comfortable getting drunk in the states

I saw that video but I seen heaps of others and there’s a problem with your system and I reckon it’s got something to do with the availability of weapons

Some of you guys should get into the force fuck me it definitely appears they need decent blokes and it’d be a decent career I seen this seppo cop do a mad fakie bigflip. Seen heaps of good USA cop videos just a poor situation ay
Maybe it is the guns, lads

Sorry I’m not trying to kick shit off just, I dunno I’m just drunk and typing no filter
Who cares what drugs he was on, mans got choked out on camera
Taliban shit
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 02:46:26 AM by matty_c »
listen to cosmic psychos

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2021, 06:45:33 AM »
I saw that video but I seen heaps of others and there’s a problem with your system and I reckon it’s got something to do with the availability of weapons

I'm not trying to be snide here, but the problem isn't the availability of weapons. The problem is our country is Literally and not figuratively built on the enslavement & extermination of Black people.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2021, 07:40:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

He kind of has to be either way. This is way beyond this one case. Something has to give. If this pig going down is the beginning of any semblance of justice and some hint of change, so be it.

Nothing is going to change. Police unions won’t allow change. If there’s going to be ANY change, you start with their union.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2021, 08:03:19 AM »

Some of you guys should get into the force fuck me it definitely appears they need decent blokes and it’d be a decent career I seen this seppo cop do a mad fakie bigflip. Seen heaps of good USA cop videos just a poor situation ay
Maybe it is the guns, lads

Sorry I’m not trying to kick shit off just, I dunno I’m just drunk and typing no filter
Who cares what drugs he was on, mans got choked out on camera
Taliban shit

Guns certainly are a problem but it's reached the point that there are so many that have proliferated throughout the country that any kind of buy back or mass confiscation is practically impossible. The other side of that is that many people are hesitant to disarm because the police who are obviously structurally racist as well as having members who are personally racist are armed and act like soldiers. And because our country is so vast and there are so many different police departments, there's very little hope of reform from within by having a few good cops join, because those good cops tend to get worn down by how fucked up and brutal the job is or if they do try and report bad behavior they face severe retaliation because our cop culture is a giant gang that puts emphasis on never ever turning on one another and having each other's back no matter what they did. Lowering the temperature of our country would probably require a complete overhaul of our police system, disarming most officers, mass hiring of new members to try and change the culture, get rid of most of their swat looking gear and maybe less people will have violent fantasies about overthrowing the government via violent revolution. But then again our country was built on violent revolution followed by violent settler colonialism, genocide of indigenous people and brutal slavery, a civil war fight over that slavery, and then fighting as hard as possible to keep those former slaves from being full citizens. But no one wants to admit that or teach that in schools. It's much more comfortable for our collective psyche to say that a bunch of pseudo god men in powdered wigs made a perfect document that floated down from heaven and everything was pretty good until we made the sacred scroll more perfect after the Civil War, and then MLK reminded everyone that racism is bad and cops just keep killing black people in this country but gosh darn, if only they were polite to the police and didn't resist arrest maybe they would still be here with us to enjoy our perfect country.

Sorry for going to the rant zone but shits fucked up here. Not meant to be aggression towards you @matty_c, just started going and couldn't stop writing

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2021, 01:20:29 PM »
verdict is being announced today 4:30pm est, they said it took the jury 11 hours to come to one. hope that pig gets it. acab.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2021, 01:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not trying to be snide here, but the problem isn't the availability of weapons. The problem is our country is Literally and not figuratively built on the enslavement & extermination of Black people.

In this case (and other cases involving excessive use of force by police officers), yes, not so much the availability of weapons but the enslavement & extermination of Black people.

In cases of mass shootings carried out by civilians, it's availability of weapons (actually, sometimes both issues, like in the case Dylann Roof, who shot up the black churches).

Praying justice is served for George Floyd and Chauvin gets convicted on the most severe charges with the most severe punishment.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2021, 02:06:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

In this case (and other cases involving excessive use of force by police officers), yes, not so much the availability of weapons but the enslavement & extermination of Black people.

In cases of mass shootings carried out by civilians, it's availability of weapons (actually, sometimes both issues, like in the case Dylann Roof, who shot up the black churches).

Praying justice is served for George Floyd and Chauvin gets convicted on the most severe charges with the most severe punishment.

Even if found guilty, Chauvin waived his sentencing by jury. The judge will do it. And I have this odd feeling they'll find redeeming qualities in him that will affect his sentencing the way redeeming qualities in Brock Turner affected his sentencing.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2021, 02:09:15 PM »
Smokin that Derek Chauvin pack.

Rest in piss bozo

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2021, 02:09:34 PM »
Guilty on all charges
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

PeanutGallery

• Rep: 3
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2021, 02:11:28 PM »
Night Night, keep your butthole tight.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2021, 02:14:08 PM »
Maybe the judge goes soft on him during sentencing, maybe not. But either way, a cop being found guilty of murder for a killing committed "in the line of duty" is frankly nothing short of incredible at this point.  Hope he has even less to be happy about after being sentenced.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2021, 02:14:58 PM »
Whew my heart started racing as soon as the judge sat down, that shit was intense.

Get hungry on it!

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2021, 02:18:22 PM »
Let's keep the ball rolling. Let's end qualified immunity for police officers.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2021, 02:23:44 PM »
Interesting how to conversation before the verdict was about how would black people react to not guilty verdict, and not how will the police react to a guilty verdict.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2021, 02:24:59 PM »
Probably because the police will just carry on doing what they were doing already
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2021, 02:28:11 PM »
Probably because the police will just carry on doing what they were doing already

This.

They have no incentive to change. And there's barely any consequences when they don't change their ways.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2021, 02:40:57 PM »
Guilty on all 3 charges. Sentencing is gonna be fun. Don’t drop the soap mother fucker!