Author Topic: Odd complexes  (Read 6637 times)

Theshrunkendrunkard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
Odd complexes
« on: May 28, 2020, 07:44:40 PM »
I’ve noticed that I have become almost disgusted when I’m skating and I look down and see laces. It’s led me to buy strictly Emerica or vans slip ons for the past few years.

Do any of you slap hombres deal with anything like that, or some other weird brain shit?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
Re: Odd complexes
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 07:52:59 PM »
I never have writing in my grip, colored wheels or colored bolts.

I’m also a never-nude and I never mismatch my denim.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 07:56:39 PM »
Skateboarding related? Because I've got plenty in my every day life. When I was somewhere in my teens I was on the path to full on OCD I guess. I would have to make weird noises sometimes to scratch this sort of itch in my brain, or if I tapped one leg I'd have to tap the other one, then I'd have to do it in reverse order to make everything sort of "even". It wasn't 24/7 but my brain would kind of go, hey remember that annoying shit we do? Lets do it!

So it would happen sometimes watching skate videos. If someone did a 5-0, I needed a fucking nose grind or crook or something on the front truck and vice versa, and then again, reverse order to even shit out. It was so annoying but I was so scared for it to get really insane that I eventually forced myself to not care or not give in. Like the leg stuff I would just stop even if it felt so annoying, and the skate video thing I don't remember how I got out of it. I would kind of have to go numb. Very weird, and thank god I just forced myself to not do it. Sometimes I still catch myself counting to 12, something about 12 and even numbers fucks me up. But if I notice it I stop it right away. Very weird, thank god it's not really a thing anymore.

But skate videos would suck when it happened.

diogenesofkokomo

• Rep: 21
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 08:11:39 PM »
I always take the metal washers off the kingpins when I get new trucks.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »
Skateboarding related? Because I've got plenty in my every day life. When I was somewhere in my teens I was on the path to full on OCD I guess. I would have to make weird noises sometimes to scratch this sort of itch in my brain, or if I tapped one leg I'd have to tap the other one, then I'd have to do it in reverse order to make everything sort of "even". It wasn't 24/7 but my brain would kind of go, hey remember that annoying shit we do? Lets do it!

So it would happen sometimes watching skate videos. If someone did a 5-0, I needed a fucking nose grind or crook or something on the front truck and vice versa, and then again, reverse order to even shit out. It was so annoying but I was so scared for it to get really insane that I eventually forced myself to not care or not give in. Like the leg stuff I would just stop even if it felt so annoying, and the skate video thing I don't remember how I got out of it. I would kind of have to go numb. Very weird, and thank god I just forced myself to not do it. Sometimes I still catch myself counting to 12, something about 12 and even numbers fucks me up. But if I notice it I stop it right away. Very weird, thank god it's not really a thing anymore.

Have you ever tried counting cards?
Not having a laugh, serious question
listen to cosmic psychos

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 08:20:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nope. I'm not into numbers or math or anything like that. I'm terrible at math actually. I DO have an insanely good memory but it's usually in relation to things I experienced. I believe I have a "flashbulb memory" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashbulb_memory

It doesn't always have to be something astounding, just usually something has to happen that piqued my interest or was very engaging.

I def. have some weird sort of mental stuff though it could just be side effects of add. I did a lot more reading about autism yesterday after reading my Heath theories but I think I'm too aware of other people's feelings to be on the spectrum. I am hyper aware of other people's feelings actually, like almost fucking psychic. I have all these weird mental things but none of them benefit me usually.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:22:00 PM by 50mm »

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 08:53:58 PM »
no black decks

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 09:38:02 PM »
ive been told i have a dog complex
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:18:45 PM by lilboosie »

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 10:09:21 PM »
I do not like non stained bottom plies. I'm skating one right now, no superstition attached or anything its just fucking ugly. Heards its not more expensive or anything to get stained bottom ply
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 10:18:10 PM »
no black decks

Just reminded me of the no "fully dipped"/painted plys boards rules we had back in the day but I don't even know if that shit is still a thing.

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 10:21:01 PM »
Black shoes with white soles, skate my boards backwards, something on the grip to easily identify which way it needs to be without thinking too much.

Untilthewheelsfalloff

• Rep: 27
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 10:31:05 PM »
I only rock three bolts on my front truck. I can't remember when it started.

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 10:37:28 PM »
I hate skating from about 10am - 3pm (AEST) while the sun is directly overhead, I find the gradient of light during this time makes everything seem bland and ugly for lack of better words, and it really puts me off skating. Not a fan of overcast days either for that reason.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 11:51:06 PM by BurntPorridge »

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 11:04:13 PM »
I hate skating from about 10pm - 3pm (AEST) while the sun is directly overhead, I find the gradient of light during this time makes everything seem bland and ugly for lack of better words, and it really puts me off skating. Not a fan of overcast days either for that reason.
Did you mean 10am?? I hate the way it looks outside between like 1pm and 4pm for the same reason. It's depressing and dull looking. I can't skate at night though, I get too paranoid stuff is on the ground that I can't see. Has to be a very well lit area for me to skate after sunset.

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 11:54:09 PM »
Expand Quote
I hate skating from about 10pm - 3pm (AEST) while the sun is directly overhead, I find the gradient of light during this time makes everything seem bland and ugly for lack of better words, and it really puts me off skating. Not a fan of overcast days either for that reason.
[close]
Did you mean 10am?? I hate the way it looks outside between like 1pm and 4pm for the same reason. It's depressing and dull looking. I can't skate at night though, I get too paranoid stuff is on the ground that I can't see. Has to be a very well lit area for me to skate after sunset.

Yeah, meant 10am. It's typically too hot/humid where I am to skate during the day anyway, so afternoons/nights work out well.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2020, 12:38:36 AM »
If the lace loops are all crazy it freaks me out whether I skate or not and I cannot really focus if my jeans cover my laces at all.

I'm not one for crazy amount of stickers on my board by any means, but I usually have a certain pattern to go in line with the graphic usually. It HAS to be a certain way to work with the graphic. Since I mainly skate simple graphic-on wood stained boards, it's straight forward.

I know it sounds odd, but then again it is the right thread for it haha.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:42:06 AM by pedro_mayn »
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2020, 12:45:54 AM »
No wire hangers
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 12:50:19 AM »
Emericas do look/feel proper looking down
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 01:35:33 AM »
I hate skating from about 10am - 3pm (AEST) while the sun is directly overhead, I find the gradient of light during this time makes everything seem bland and ugly for lack of better words, and it really puts me off skating. Not a fan of overcast days either for that reason.

Haha. I feel exactly the same way. If the light is a bit too harsh on my eyes I fail to relax and enjoy the session. Favourite time to skate is from about 4 til sundown.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1197
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 03:42:23 AM »
I can’t look down at Philips heads, they look super ugly to me.  Allen for life.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 03:59:58 AM »
I can’t look down at Philips heads, they look super ugly to me.  Allen for life.

I read this like Jeff Phillips and Ron Allen.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 07:30:48 AM »
Odd complexions

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 07:33:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You mean everything looks like that ?

midnightsnack

• Rep: -57
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2020, 07:46:13 AM »
I told my first serious girlfriend who I was with for 3 years and had known since I was 15 about a fetish I have when I was 21, and she ended up breaking up with  pretty much immediately after. For years I regretted being honest with her and didnt tell another woman I was with for like 8 or 9 years until I met this older woman who was super down for it. I thought I was a freak for so long (which I totally am) but it made me develop a complex for sure.

Now that I'm in my 30s I let my freak flag fly freely. Moral of the story: you can overcome your complexes.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2020, 07:54:22 AM »
I told my first serious girlfriend who I was with for 3 years and had known since I was 15 about a fetish I have when I was 21, and she ended up breaking up with  pretty much immediately after. For years I regretted being honest with her and didnt tell another woman I was with for like 8 or 9 years until I met this older woman who was super down for it. I thought I was a freak for so long (which I totally am) but it made me develop a complex for sure.

Now that I'm in my 30s I let my freak flag fly freely. Moral of the story: you can overcome your complexes.

How are you going to omit the fetish from your explanation?

My griptape needs to be clean. I cannot stand it.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2020, 08:01:44 AM »

Spill the beans/let it fly.

P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2020, 08:08:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Nope. I'm not into numbers or math or anything like that. I'm terrible at math actually. I DO have an insanely good memory but it's usually in relation to things I experienced. I believe I have a "flashbulb memory" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashbulb_memory

It doesn't always have to be something astounding, just usually something has to happen that piqued my interest or was very engaging.

I def. have some weird sort of mental stuff though it could just be side effects of add. I did a lot more reading about autism yesterday after reading my Heath theories but I think I'm too aware of other people's feelings to be on the spectrum. I am hyper aware of other people's feelings actually, like almost fucking psychic. I have all these weird mental things but none of them benefit me usually.

are you my long lost twin brother?

I fully understand what you mean, for me getting more distracted was the key for not going full OCD, but I had weird phases where I couldn't step on lines while walking outside and in skating I always had to turn around something on the floor to go back and do the trick.
Fuck knows, maybe also doing a lot of drugs and drinking made everything disappear (?)
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2020, 09:19:28 AM »
If the ground sucks I just dont skate, i'll push around but I need smooth level ground to fuck around with flip tricks. It just isn't fun to me otherwise.

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2020, 02:49:36 PM »
I ride 2 bolts on each truck because I don't like feeling trapped (complicated family dynamics growing up) homie

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2020, 11:37:25 AM »
I hate skating just flat ground with a brand new deck. I have to find something to slide on first so the deck gets a little worn in. I have this complex of worrying I look like a newbie or freestyler otherwise.