Author Topic: Vert Is Dead blog  (Read 735 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2198
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Vert Is Dead blog
« on: May 30, 2020, 09:32:52 AM »
As so many web based archives began to shrivel & disappear, it’s a treat to find a snippet of vintage promotion on a daily (mon-fri) basis, waiting patiently in my phone for me to take a shit, hop on a bus, grab a smoke break, etc.
Somewhat searchable, it goes back longer than I’ve been visiting the site on a regular basis, and has a quantity of content that matches its respectable life span.
Dude who does it is nearly my age, so the subject matter goes back as far as the 80’s sometimes & spans nearly to present era advertising. Posts are typically bundled thematically (i.e. focusing on one company, or rider for a week) & as such, offer an interesting/different take on advertising’s affect/effectiveness.
For sure the guy has passion for the material & usually includes an informative anecdote or historic note of interest.
Big ups to whoever the Justin dude is that has been putting it out, on the regs, for so long. Just recently realized I’ve been visiting that site 5 days a week for 10 years. Haven’t been sold a thing yet. 🥰
For the few of you that still haven’t discovered it for your self, check it out.

http://vertisdead.blogspot.com/

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
Re: Vert Is Dead blog
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 08:31:16 AM »
I tend to look at that site for some old AH ads and stuff. Good site. Also makes me miss skately, for the ads that vertisdead does not have yet

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 12:41:55 PM »
I tend to look at that site for some old AH ads and stuff. Good site. Also makes me miss skately, for the ads that vertisdead does not have yet

It's nice he has the magazine and issue date for each ad. I have been thinking of buying old mags on ebay to get original versions to enjoy of old ads/photos.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 12:00:02 PM »
I've got 99% of my mags from 1986-2006. I started to only buy the ones with skaters I really admire at that point, so it's been less and less mags each year. I think I've only bought 4 in the last 7 years honestly. I hardly have free time but when I do, I'll usually flip through about 5 mags. Usually in the 1989-1993 era.
Any who, I just went to vertisdead today to look at some old CCS shoe ads from 92. . Site is gold