Author Topic: AT&T spot in Atlanta demolished  (Read 1004 times)

midtownatl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
AT&T spot in Atlanta demolished
« on: June 03, 2020, 04:11:55 PM »
Hi I’m new - sorry if this was already posted or if this isn’t the right place. Sad news the legendary AT&T spot in Atlanta next to the north ave Marta station is now (mostly) demolished. This spot was in almost every classic 90s video up to recently. After I saw this in Skypager it was one of the reasons I was stoked to move down here. RIP

Edit - I talked to a worker who was leaving the area he said they’re eventually going to totally redo all the existing surfaces and concrete.

pic upload
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 04:20:39 PM by midtownatl »

FleeceFlannel

Re: AT&T spot in Atlanta demolished
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:59:59 PM »
Hi I’m new - sorry if this was already posted or if this isn’t the right place. Sad news the legendary AT&T spot in Atlanta next to the north ave Marta station is now (mostly) demolished. This spot was in almost every classic 90s video up to recently. After I saw this in Skypager it was one of the reasons I was stoked to move down here. RIP

Edit - I talked to a worker who was leaving the area he said they’re eventually going to totally redo all the existing surfaces and concrete.

pic upload

Damn.  I moved away maybe a month after they put the fence up to start construction.  From the plans I saw it looked like the ledge/wallride on the front side might still be skate able, could you tell if it might be?

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 08:18:35 AM »
Managed to grab a couple chunks of granite last time I was there, I think there had been talk of them demolishing the front end of that spot for a while now. I think the stuff in  the back is still skateable though

midtownatl

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 10:35:36 AM »
Expand Quote

pic upload
[close]

Damn.  I moved away maybe a month after they put the fence up to start construction.  From the plans I saw it looked like the ledge/wallride on the front side might still be skate able, could you tell if it might be?

Yeah - that part appears to still be intact, I couldn't really get an angle on it from where I was yesterday. But, if the construction worker I chatted with is to be believed all of it will be ripped up/redone sooner or later - he could have been full of shit, but the amount of equipment and materials around the area make it look like it's a big project. I walk by there almost every night - I'll update this thread again as things develop.

FleeceFlannel

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 10:54:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

pic upload
[close]

[close]

Yeah - that part appears to still be intact, I couldn't really get an angle on it from where I was yesterday. But, if the construction worker I chatted with is to be believed all of it will be ripped up/redone sooner or later - he could have been full of shit, but the amount of equipment and materials around the area make it look like it's a big project. I walk by there almost every night - I'll update this thread again as things develop.

You’re doin the lords work dude, thanks a lot.  I guess no matter what happens Atlantans should be thankful we still have Black Blocks.

midtownatl

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 03:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

pic upload
[close]

[close]

[close]

You’re doin the lords work dude, thanks a lot.  I guess no matter what happens Atlantans should be thankful we still have Black Blocks.

Word man.