Author Topic: SOUTHERN New Jersey Shore  (Read 2086 times)

soap_angel

SOUTHERN New Jersey Shore
« on: April 27, 2020, 05:32:24 PM »
Brigantine, Atlantic City, and all points south. Where do you like to skate?
I know the old Brig park, back Sov, and lots of AC street spots. Ocean City park is a joke (and is probably closed). Anything else good down-nare?

animalflesh

Re: SOUTHERN New Jersey Shore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 06:05:41 PM »
Abandoned egg harbor park

soap_angel

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 07:42:13 PM »

Is that place a bust?

animalflesh

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 08:58:42 AM »
Haven’t been in a little over a year but it wasn’t a bust last time I went

Deletniez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 10:04:30 PM »
The Sea Isle skatepark is pretty sick

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 10:37:44 AM »
I used to live in Wildwood in the summers when I was younger. Wildwood had spots and 4 Dairy Queens. I worked at one of them.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 07:29:36 PM »

Lived in jersey most of my life and never knew this place existed.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 06:08:34 AM »
Is the Egg Harbor park Patmos Park?

That place was super weird. It was part of some mega church and looked amazing but everything was made wrong. Only made that pilgrimage once.

The park in from Cape May Courthouse is ok but had stupid rules.

Still nothing takes the cake like North Wildwood where you needed full pads, including wrist guards but according to police it was “okay if you went to the grocery store, bought some black socks, and cut the toe off” to meet the wrist guard requirement.

soap_angel

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 03:37:38 PM »

Still nothing takes the cake like North Wildwood where you needed full pads, including wrist guards but according to police it was “okay if you went to the grocery store, bought some black socks, and cut the toe off” to meet the wrist guard requirement.

I skated Wildwood last year and it was chill except for all the water collecting in the bowl. No pads, no problem.
What's the park near Cape May Courthouse you are talking about? I didn't think there were any others around except Wildwood and Sea Isle.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 06:40:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I skated Wildwood last year and it was chill except for all the water collecting in the bowl. No pads, no problem.
What's the park near Cape May Courthouse you are talking about? I didn't think there were any others around except Wildwood and Sea Isle.

Cape may courthouse skatepark is called Goshen. I haven’t been there since 2017 and back then there were holes in the ramps and it was all locked up. Me and cool hats climbed the fence and drank beers and skated there and they kicked us out but still made us climb the fence to leave they didn’t unlock it. Then we drank beers and skated in the parking lot.

I was talking street spots rather than the park when it came to wildwood, but that same day we did skate wildwood park and we didn’t have to wear any pads back in 2017
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 06:45:15 PM by Bristol_Palin »

Weekend96

• Rep: -4
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 02:28:00 PM »
The ocean skatepark actually looks pretty cool but its a huge bummer they require you to wear full pads to get in.

Back sov looks really fun I’m gonna make a trip there this summer for sure. Whats the scene like at that park? I’m familiar with AC and the rest of that island of Longport and Margate.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 07:27:41 PM »
Don't know if you're just looking for parks or actual spots but Tilton Square in Northfield have these nice ledges in a little plaza. There's no stores really there and with the pandemic there's even less foot traffic around.

Edit - There's multiple planters with those ledges around the plaza, that was just the one angle I could find on my phone real quick.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 07:29:15 PM by CrimsonGhost »
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

thebacker

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 05:24:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lived in jersey most of my life and never knew this place existed.

@megs_nj_diy on insta

thebacker

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 05:30:37 PM »
Brigantine, Atlantic City, and all points south. Where do you like to skate?
I know the old Brig park, back Sov, and lots of AC street spots. Ocean City park is a joke (and is probably closed). Anything else good down-nare?

Back sov in AC is a great time too. Look up Pete pallitto field.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2020, 06:44:18 PM »
Haven’t been in a little over a year but it wasn’t a bust last time I went
Goshens been locked up for a minute,  Patmos is weird like someone else said and is also filled with chopped down trees(it’s been closed for a while now) megs is sick just make sure to drop a couple bucks in the Venmo if you’re hitting it up. Those Tilton ledges are pretty fun. Ocean city  bridge fishing pier has a never ending jersey barrier that grinds and slides beautifully. Back sovs not my favorite but everyone else around here seems to love it

• Rep: 31
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2020, 08:51:44 AM »

skatesum609

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 09:44:49 AM »

This ground is some serious crust! Drove by the spot a bunch of times but never skated it

themeangreen

• Rep: -75
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2020, 09:53:17 AM »
The ocean skatepark actually looks pretty cool but its a huge bummer they require you to wear full pads to get in.

Back sov looks really fun I’m gonna make a trip there this summer for sure. Whats the scene like at that park? I’m familiar with AC and the rest of that island of Longport and Margate.

I skate Sov all the time and there's a nice group of people that go there everyday. There is also a good amount of people that come through from out of town that are super good on the regular. I really like what 5th Pocket Skate park's did with the design. Ground is smooth, everything is spaced out really well and you're skating in the sunshine next to the bay. On Ventnor ave and Sovereign there's a liquor store and a few awesome Mexican restaurants that sell Empanadas super cheap. If you come through and don't have anyone to skate with you're welcome to shoot me a DM anytime.

• Rep: 31
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2020, 10:01:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
This ground is some serious crust! Drove by the spot a bunch of times but never skated it

I lived in that area for about five years but only went to Cape May once on vacation with my girl and didn’t have my board. My mind was blown seeing this and it goes on for a long time.

Definitely need to bring some soft wheels and skate it Wallows style since the ground is basically a bunch of rocks. Anyone ever get any clips on this?

skatesum609

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 10:23:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I lived in that area for about five years but only went to Cape May once on vacation with my girl and didn’t have my board. My mind was blown seeing this and it goes on for a long time.

Definitely need to bring some soft wheels and skate it Wallows style since the ground is basically a bunch of rocks. Anyone ever get any clips on this?
Uncle Fred himself Around 1:30 mark

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2020, 04:16:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Uncle Fred himself Around 1:30 mark

God damn I forgot I love that part, so many hard pushes to Ollie that thing

animalflesh

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2020, 06:17:24 AM »
One thing I’ve learned from skating in New Jersey growing up is Fred Gall makes unskateable shit look skateable