Author Topic: Why do you still ride indys?  (Read 14131 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Why do you still ride indys?
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2020, 09:46:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it's all about how steep or mellow you want your board angle to be when your tail hits the ground. Standard indys are 55mm high vs 50mm for thunder 147s. So the difference pretty immense.

If you're someone tall then it's a no brainer to choose indys, because it's way easier to pop high off a steep board angle.

But for someone shorter it's so much nicer not to have to worry about ghost pop all the time. You dont have to squat all the way down to be able to pop. Therefore it's nice to have low trucks.

Another thing is the long baseplate of indys. The slideability is much better with your baseplate against the ledge than your wheels, as with thunders. Ventures also have a pretty nice longish baseplate, though.
[close]

Just remember axle placement (trucks wheelbase) also plays a role in pop angle.
[close]
yeah i honestly think the axle placement might have a more important role than truck height. im pretty tall and wont touch indys due to the mellow pop feel, thunder and venture feel so much better to me. i really dont believe the idea that the truck height difference of around 2-3 mm gives you more pop, rode thunders with risers for a little with virtually no difference to the height of my tricks. the post above seems really baseless on most points
My only complaint with Thunder's and Ventures is the baseplate issue and how they don't turn like Indy's. If they changed the geometry so it'd fix the wheel and baseplate debacle I'd gladly switch till then it's Indy's and Ace's.  Also when changing boards how the fuck did they not see the design flaw with half contact when changing boards albeit skate tool?
Dueces Bitch's

burn_to_live

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
Re: Why do you still ride indys?
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2020, 10:45:14 AM »
So if indy dropped the cross, can we back them again, or no? I just am needing trucks soon and need to know whats okay to buy.
Buy whatever you want to buy man. Its your own money and if someone has a negative opinion it shouldn't influence your purchase.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx