Author Topic: ROLLERS CALIFORNIA IS DONE  (Read 14322 times)

eraserheadfuckers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 26
Re: ROLLERS CALIFORNIA IS DONE
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2020, 07:42:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Looks like Jason, Andy and Greyson are the only riders left featured on their instagram.  Remember everyone defending Greyson using questionable norwegian metal in his parts?
[close]

you mean Baekkel ?
[close]

you guys know that not all norwegian black metal is problematic right?
Baekkel skated to darkthrone, not some nsbm bullshit

You're kidding, right?

They put "True Aryan Black Metal" on Transylvania Hunger, which heavily featured Varg (as did Panzerfaust where they claimed they weren't Nazis), and then said all their critics were exhibiting "Jewish behavior"

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 07:44:48 PM by eraserheadfuckers »

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2020, 08:06:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Looks like Jason, Andy and Greyson are the only riders left featured on their instagram.  Remember everyone defending Greyson using questionable norwegian metal in his parts?
[close]

you mean Baekkel ?
[close]

[close]

You're kidding, right?

They put "True Aryan Black Metal" on Transylvania Hunger, which heavily featured Varg (as did Panzerfaust where they claimed they weren't Nazis), and then said all their critics were exhibiting "Jewish behavior"

oh ya?? ?? ? explain this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECKMATE

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2020, 09:04:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

you mean Baekkel ?
[close]

[close]

You're kidding, right?

The waters of Black Metal get pretty murky when it comes to secret racism. I will say that Darkthrone has had a bunch of stylistic shifts and they also made a straight Death Metal record before those trad Black Metal records. Then they changed a few more times. If the band members were still out here saying and doing racist shit I would be worried. But no that's Varg who has the Youtube channel where you can hear all of his terrible ideas. Early Norwegian Black Metal unquestionably had racist undertones though when it wasn't being fully overt.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Noioso

• Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2020, 09:13:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

you mean Baekkel ?
[close]

[close]

You're kidding, right?

It's pretty hard to find a band from that era and that scene who didn't say or do something questionable. The second wave was pretty lawless compared to anything else before or since. I always felt like maybe they started wanting to reclaim Norweigian heritage from Christianity, but then it morphed into Nazi/Aryan/elitist nonsense. Most of the bands eventually distanced themselves from those ideas, but the history is there and wouldn't doubt some still share those thoughts. At least Varg is open about his stupidity.

On that same note, it's pretty questionable for white people to be skating to any of those bands or wearing a shirt, even if you're from Norway. I'm gay and Mexican, and I stopped wearing shirts from a few bands because I don't want to send anyone the wrong message about supporting racist bullshit.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

Glurmpz

« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2020, 01:33:13 AM »
Shit is getting so crazy brands are getting cancelled before I even knew they existed. Is this 1010's brand? Looks like another pointless junk accessory brand. Yay. Good riddance.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2020, 04:07:42 AM »
fenriz is a councilmen for the liberal party in oslo..
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2020, 04:22:34 AM »

Cool, now the REAL rollers can come back.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2020, 06:32:02 AM »
fenriz is a councilmen for the liberal party in oslo..
I had to look that up to confirm. Pretty crazy.

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2020, 07:29:13 AM »
Shit is getting so crazy brands are getting cancelled before I even knew they existed. Is this 1010's brand? Looks like another pointless junk accessory brand. Yay. Good riddance.

another useless berring brand no less. are there really skaters out there who don't use some form of bones berrings?

thebacker

« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2020, 07:37:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

another useless berring brand no less. are there really skaters out there who don't use some form of bones berrings?

i see so many people using bronsons and it blows my mind

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2020, 07:38:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve met people who willingly bought Bronsons.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2020, 07:38:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i see so many people using bronsons and it blows my mind
You get it.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2020, 08:54:46 AM »
I would gladly use Bronson bearings if I got them for free. As in: use them to trade up 4-5 packs of Bronsons for 1 set of Bones Swiss at the local shop.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?