Author Topic: GX1000 KOOKS SPOUSAL ABUSE, RAPE, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT  (Read 45032 times)

throwaway187

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: GX1000 KOOKS SPOUSAL ABUSE, RAPE, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2020, 04:10:58 PM »
Was going to post the obvious IMP Frisco song but this was an anomaly too where locals called it frisco. Doesn't matter to me. Taydatay of 11/5 calls it the sco in like all of his songs
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 04:13:26 PM by throwaway187 »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2020, 04:51:40 PM »
my grandpa used to call it fairytown he wouldn’t let me get sprinkles on my ice cream not even the plain ones

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2020, 04:56:21 PM »
my grandpa used to call it fairytown he wouldn’t let me get sprinkles on my ice cream not even the plain ones
what if you called them jimmies?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2020, 05:16:14 PM »
jimmy was the bravest man he ever knew. we didnt talk about jimmy.

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2020, 05:38:50 PM »
jimmy was the bravest man he ever knew. we didnt talk about jimmy.
no vermicelli on the cone? what about chocolate dipped did he let you do that?

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2020, 06:45:55 PM »
Rainbow sprinkles hit different.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2020, 07:28:54 PM »
Yup.
They creep up real slow & then... POW!!!

Sprinkle me.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2020, 08:09:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yup.
They creep up real slow & then... POW!!!

Sprinkle me.

E40. Nice.

Dead Baby Lynx

« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2020, 08:14:43 PM »

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2020, 08:20:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When I lived there maybe a decade ago there was a laundromat on my bus line either called or just had a giant mural on the side proclaiming DONT CALL IT FRISCO.  I played it safe and just called it The ‘Sco
[close]

I think I've done laundry there! Possibly upper Haight area? It has been a real long time, but I do remember that mural.
[close]

I think it was on or near Fillmore, but it’s been awhile and you could be right.

https://www.sfweekly.com/news/dont-call-it-frisco-if-youre-old-and-white/

i’m from out here and call it frisco every now & then but usually “sf” or “the city”. i remember an old thrasher interview with lee smith, he called it “the sco”.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2020, 08:26:46 PM »
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2020, 08:47:45 PM »
Oh Frisco. The Danny Tanner and Michelle are from.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2020, 09:07:12 PM »
Frisco is in Colorado.   

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2020, 09:10:45 PM »
sf:

gx:

the sf jacket is a popular jacket that’s been sold throughout tourist destinations like fisherman’s wharf & chinatown since at least the 80s. you can now pay more $$ for the same jacket, but with a gx1000 logo!!!

sf:

gx:

i remember the bus image thing was worked out with the artist shortly afterwards.

sf:

gx:

yamo is a burmese/chinese noodle spot
in the mission. i think yamo & gx might have a good relationship with each other but i do hope funds from the sticker sales go to the restaurant.

mostly appropriation from the florida crew, whoever that may be nowadays but i don’t think any are actually from sf.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2020, 09:30:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When I lived there maybe a decade ago there was a laundromat on my bus line either called or just had a giant mural on the side proclaiming DONT CALL IT FRISCO.  I played it safe and just called it The ‘Sco
[close]

I think I've done laundry there! Possibly upper Haight area? It has been a real long time, but I do remember that mural.
[close]

I think it was on or near Fillmore, but it’s been awhile and you could be right.
[close]

https://www.sfweekly.com/news/dont-call-it-frisco-if-youre-old-and-white/

i’m from out here and call it frisco every now & then but usually “sf” or “the city”. i remember an old thrasher interview with lee smith, he called it “the sco”.

Oh damn I was way off.  Hayes and Laguna...it’s been awhile so I’ve kinda lost my SF geography

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2020, 11:45:11 PM »
sf:

gx:

the sf jacket is a popular jacket that’s been sold throughout tourist destinations like fisherman’s wharf & chinatown since at least the 80s. you can now pay more $$ for the same jacket, but with a gx1000 logo!!!

sf:

gx:

i remember the bus image thing was worked out with the artist shortly afterwards.

sf:

gx:

in the mission. i think yamo & gx might have a good relationship with each other but i do hope funds from the sticker sales go to the restaurant.

mostly appropriation from the florida crew, whoever that may be nowadays but i don’t think any are actually from sf.

TL;DR warning: ding dong blabbering in 5... 4... 3... 2...

To be clear, I’m not tryna come to the defense of the GX crew, but a little context here may be beneficial.
If you live here, you’ve seen the numerous iterations of the bus beanies already. The graff shop has one, there’s some BS boutique spot on Valencia with THEIR OWN version, each w/ whatever bus runs through their neighborhood/past their shop, etc, etc, etc.  Muni is our UBIQUITOUS, local bus/streetcar service provider (gosh bless the SF Municipal Railway.) Mission skateshop on 24th even boosted Muni’s font directly. No biggie.
The fact that an SF Muni bus was featured on a garment does not, in “this dude’s” eyes, make for copyright infringement. Example: locals all know the tourist-targeted, floppy, dad-style ball caps featuring some depiction of a cable car on it. There are hundreds of iterations of this same design. Are these hats all rampant IP theft, stealing from one another, or is this use of an iconic feature of our locale? Not to mention, the difference between the 14 & the 37 couldn’t be starker in contrast, both in the service area covered, as well as the suggestion made by choosing the 37 line. The 14 runs down Mission, from the bay all the way to the southern end of the city. From the top of Twin Peaks, (final destination of the 37) it’s Hillville the whole way down to the flats. The GX guys knew what they were doing when they chose that line/route to represent their “brand.”
I’m not going to speak on the crappy SF/GG Bridge design they clearly boosted from the “jacket of shame” that tourists are forced to purchase out of necessity upon arriving here in July, only to find out that SF is cold, grey, windy & shrouded in fog after 3PM, depending on which neighborhood they’re staying in during their visit, but even that design was put together using clip art over two decades(?) ago.
Again, not saying these cats aren’t out there boosting IP from artists, but putting a bus, or a bridge, or a cable car, (or even a crab, for crying out loud) on anything SF related doesn’t seem too far beyond the pale if you’re trying to establish some Frisco (yeah, I said it) flavor for your branding effort.
I’ll close by saying that intellectual property theft is fucked & so are violent, belligerent assholes. Show me either & I’ll break out the stationary /pen & get right on that letter of complaint to our local congress woman. Or we could always just cancel some folks by burning they shit to the ground as collective punishment.
Note: collective punishment is considered a war crime by the UN, so I’m going to wait a minute or two before I light up this torch up, so as to get my story straight for the tribunal.
ZX, I see you’ve already focused, but if you yet lurk, facts please. Elsewise, we’re all just shit talking & swatting at mosquitos in the dark (whiiich seems pretty spot-on for SLAP lately.)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2020, 12:20:27 AM »
Intellectual ‘property’ is a only a useful concept if you are so up Capitalism’s ass that you need to trademark an idea (that came from an amalgamation of other people’s ideas) to somehow make enough money to enjoy this increasingly bizarre existence.

In a sane society, we could share ideas freely and create a fertile culture for art, music, and fashion (like say, In Jamaica) instead of viciously guarding every fucking brain fart so we can monetize it.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2020, 12:22:21 AM »
Expand Quote
sf:

gx:

sf:

gx:

sf:

gx:

[close]

TL;DR warning: ding dong blabbering in 5... 4... 3... 2...

To be clear, I’m not tryna come to the defense of the GX crew, but a little context here may be beneficial.
If you live here, you’ve seen the numerous iterations of the bus beanies already. The graff shop has one, there’s some BS boutique spot on Valencia with THEIR OWN version, each w/ whatever bus runs through their neighborhood/past their shop, etc, etc, etc.  Muni is our UBIQUITOUS, local bus/streetcar service provider (gosh bless the SF Municipal Railway.) Mission skateshop on 24th even boosted Muni’s font directly. No biggie.
The fact that an SF Muni bus was featured on a garment does not, in “this dude’s” eyes, make for copyright infringement. Example: locals all know the tourist-targeted, floppy, dad-style ball caps featuring some depiction of a cable car on it. There are hundreds of iterations of this same design. Are these hats all rampant IP theft, stealing from one another, or is this use of an iconic feature of our locale? Not to mention, the difference between the 14 & the 37 couldn’t be starker in contrast, both in the service area covered, as well as the suggestion made by choosing the 37 line. The 14 runs down Mission, from the bay all the way to the southern end of the city. From the top of Twin Peaks, (final destination of the 37) it’s Hillville the whole way down to the flats. The GX guys knew what they were doing when they chose that line/route to represent their “brand.”
I’m not going to speak on the crappy SF/GG Bridge design they clearly boosted from the “jacket of shame” that tourists are forced to purchase out of necessity upon arriving here in July, only to find out that SF is cold, grey, windy & shrouded in fog after 3PM, depending on which neighborhood they’re staying in during their visit, but even that design was put together using clip art over two decades(?) ago.
Again, not saying these cats aren’t out there boosting IP from artists, but putting a bus, or a bridge, or a cable car, (or even a crab, for crying out loud) on anything SF related doesn’t seem too far beyond the pale if you’re trying to establish some Frisco (yeah, I said it) flavor for your branding effort.
I’ll close by saying that intellectual property theft is fucked & so are violent, belligerent assholes. Show me either & I’ll break out the stationary /pen & get right on that letter of complaint to our local congress woman. Or we could always just cancel some folks by burning they shit to the ground as collective punishment.
Note: collective punishment is considered a war crime by the UN, so I’m going to wait a minute or two before I light up this torch up, so as to get my story straight for the tribunal.
ZX, I see you’ve already focused, but if you yet lurk, facts please. Elsewise, we’re all just shit talking & swatting at mosquitos in the dark (whiiich seems pretty spot-on for SLAP lately.)

Yamo B There

thomas kook

« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2020, 01:17:18 AM »
someone please touch on the sexual assault claims... what am i missing..?

dude, seriously

you gotta be a fucking idiot if you can't imagine some early 20s douchebag skateboarders being careless and disrespectful to women. add some mild internet and local fame to the mix, put that together with their childish hijinx in the street and hey maybe it's not such a reach that someday one of them crossed some lines at a bar, then was a dick about it, doubled down, etc...

like, OMG that's insane that these kids we like to watch fighting mall cops and hurling themselves off the gnarliest hills with reckless abandon.... get into some sketchy shit sometimes?? they've got this security guy in a coma but surely they must be pure gentlemen with the lady folk??   : o

sure they're good at skating, but are they that good that we're gonna pretend they're not huge pieces of shit? come on now
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 01:19:48 AM by thomas kook »

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2020, 03:41:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what if you called them jimmies?
I had always called the chocolate sprinkles “Jimmies” I had no idea it was a racial slur. This one girl I used to work with heard me call them jimmies and went off, dogged me out so hard. She said she wrote a paper on the topic in college. Be careful out there ordering sprinkles.

Ocelot

« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2020, 04:07:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dude, seriously

you gotta be a fucking idiot if you can't imagine some early 20s douchebag skateboarders being careless and disrespectful to women. add some mild internet and local fame to the mix, put that together with their childish hijinx in the street and hey maybe it's not such a reach that someday one of them crossed some lines at a bar, then was a dick about it, doubled down, etc...

like, OMG that's insane that these kids we like to watch fighting mall cops and hurling themselves off the gnarliest hills with reckless abandon.... get into some sketchy shit sometimes?? they've got this security guy in a coma but surely they must be pure gentlemen with the lady folk??   : o

sure they're good at skating, but are they that good that we're gonna pretend they're not huge pieces of shit? come on now

early 30s

Stayshhh2020

• Rep: 3
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2020, 06:38:00 AM »

When a girl says no to someone who’s used to always getting what he wants, he doesn’t listen. That’s my GX experience.

NBD4ABD

« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2020, 09:09:23 AM »
Does this girl's accusations correlate with the GX1000 rape accusations?

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=110112.msg3262688#msg3262688

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2020, 09:14:04 AM »
Why hasn't anyone talked about the first screenshot that was posted? The one with the Insta comment about GX1000 taking advantage of homeless people, like by filming themselves ollieing over them? GX1000's reply to that one was pretty subpar and excusing themselves of any wrongdoing, because racism is so much more than just that.

TONYSWORLD

• Rep: -13
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2020, 09:15:39 AM »
goofx1000 fuckin outta towners huh

• Rep: 31
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2020, 09:48:59 AM »
Why hasn't anyone talked about the first screenshot that was posted? The one with the Insta comment about GX1000 taking advantage of homeless people, like by filming themselves ollieing over them? GX1000's reply to that one was pretty subpar and excusing themselves of any wrongdoing, because racism is so much more than just that.

Nothing wrong with that, bro. Airplanes fly over you all the time. Now buy one of the jackets we bought in Chinatown and stitched GX1000 on.

Ocelot

« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2020, 10:03:58 AM »

because people are biased

same dudes that spam racist and rapist at the mention of David Loy's name will be like "well, we don't know if we can believe that" to the gx allegations

whole thing is a shit show

Stayshhh2020

• Rep: 3
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2020, 11:44:02 AM »

Not sure, but after my encounter all I could think of was all the girls that have had the same thing happen. We’ll never be able to tell anyone because we’d all be blacklisted.

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2020, 11:54:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not sure, but after my encounter all I could think of was all the girls that have had the same thing happen. We’ll never be able to tell anyone because we’d all be blacklisted.

WTF is wrong with you people and this attitude.

Air this shit out. No one in the industry tolerates this behavior.

thebacker

« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2020, 12:04:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

blacklisted from what exactly?