Author Topic: Fuck Biebel  (Read 175626 times)

PG Yoshi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: Fuck Biebel
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2020, 04:40:59 PM »
Ring ring ring...

"Hello? Crailtap? Yes, this is Karen. I'd like to speak to your team manager."

veritas

« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2020, 04:49:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn I guess Smyth is a dog shit human being. Fuck them all.
[close]

Ain't that a fact. Anyone remember when this guy dressed up in blackface as Flavor Flav for Halloween? All evidence of that has been scrubbed off the internet too as per: https://web.archive.org/web/20120104073424/http://www.crailtap.com/poll/smyth_halloween.html
[close]

"Biebel did nothing wrong.
Sincerely,
Management"

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2020, 06:58:09 PM »
I guess some people targeted are assholes and deserve it, but others get cancelled for nothing. Hewitt for example was kicked off Nike SB for basicly having been a kid...

The next target might just be you. That shit works in all directions.

I'm not here to decide what Crail's best response should be to this (however, the best response is far better than attempting to ignore that this shit happened), but comparing this to Hewitt smoking weed is absurd (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=69670.0).

Cheering on an attacker while someone gets beat and then posting the video of the beating/cheering thinking that this is a representation of good morals/behavior is different than someone deciding to get high and then talking about it in an interview. The two aren't even comparable. One is about personal freedom (getting high) and the other is about violating someone else's safety, instead of calling the police and hoping they act like social workers and do their job properly.

And, this whole, "It could be you" shit is absurd. My job requires me to interact with the public and I say all sorts of crazy shit all day long, however, I'm yet to worry about my position because among the crazy shit that I put out there none of it attacks anyone for their race/ethnicity, gender, religion, and other important characteristics. At least from the left, there is very little chance of me being the next target as you put it.

And, as for your cynical calling out of a poster being bummed that Crail didn't stick to their message and follow through on their words, he has every right to be upset. Isn't this how the "invisible hand of the market" is supposed to work? Isn't this the libertarian argument, "if a company acts poorly the market will self correct." Or, is it all the more likely the libertarian argument is complete bullshit and nothing more than justifying corporate/the wealthy's power over workers, consumers, and citizens.

And, within skateboarding, our companies are supposed to, to some extent, (and DLX might be an example of this) put the scene before profit margins. There is supposed to be a bit of community, authenticy, and support within the skate community. This is part of the reason we rejected Nike the first time it tried to enter skateboarding and part of what is supposed encourage us to support certain shops/companies. Ocean Howell did a Transworld Business article about this... https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/skateboarding-though-corporate-america-we-are-inefficient-and-proud/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 07:19:21 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

thomascandia

« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2020, 01:54:57 AM »
First of all, boycotts their products and starts a campagnain to show to thevworld how cowards they are.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2020, 02:11:27 AM »
Expand Quote
I guess some people targeted are assholes and deserve it, but others get cancelled for nothing. Hewitt for example was kicked off Nike SB for basicly having been a kid...

[close]

I'm not here to decide what Crail's best response should be to this (however, the best response is far better than attempting to ignore that this shit happened), but comparing this to Hewitt smoking weed is absurd (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=69670.0).

Cheering on an attacker while someone gets beat and then posting the video of the beating/cheering thinking that this is a representation of good morals/behavior is different than someone deciding to get high and then talking about it in an interview. The two aren't even comparable. One is about personal freedom (getting high) and the other is about violating someone else's safety, instead of calling the police and hoping they act like social workers and do their job properly.

And, this whole, "It could be you" shit is absurd. My job requires me to interact with the public and I say all sorts of crazy shit all day long, however, I'm yet to worry about my position because among the crazy shit that I put out there none of it attacks anyone for their race/ethnicity, gender, religion, and other important characteristics. At least from the left, there is very little chance of me being the next target as you put it.

And, as for your cynical calling out of a poster being bummed that Crail didn't stick to their message and follow through on their words, he has every right to be upset. Isn't this how the "invisible hand of the market" is supposed to work? Isn't this the libertarian argument, "if a company acts poorly the market will self correct." Or, is it all the more likely the libertarian argument is complete bullshit and nothing more than justifying corporate/the wealthy's power over workers, consumers, and citizens.

And, within skateboarding, our companies are supposed to, to some extent, (and DLX might be an example of this) put the scene before profit margins. There is supposed to be a bit of community, authenticy, and support within the skate community. This is part of the reason we rejected Nike the first time it tried to enter skateboarding and part of what is supposed encourage us to support certain shops/companies. Ocean Howell did a Transworld Business article about this... https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/skateboarding-though-corporate-america-we-are-inefficient-and-proud/

I agree with most of what you wrote.

I did not mean to compare what Hewitt and Biebel did. I meant to point out that cancelling someone does not have to always be for the correct reason. Both Biebel and Hewitt were kicked off after they were reported by upset consumers. They were dropped, because their employers feared keeping them would tarnish their image. I just feel very uneasy with this whole cancel dynamic. It is a very simple reflex ("He did what? Fuck him!"). In my mind it is very undemocratic and socially problematic. There is no real risk involved in trying to get someone cancelled. If you protest you show yourself and you get personally engaged. If you confront someone personally, you take emotional risks. Compared to that, reporting someone over the internet is some weak shit!

Oh and again Fuck Biebel! How much of an asshole do you have to be to film and post a video like that?

thomascandia

« Reply #335 on: June 13, 2020, 02:19:19 AM »
They also blocked comments in their insta's post about "equality and human rights", because are self consciuos their positions are not almost the same with the peace and love's flag

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #336 on: June 13, 2020, 03:46:45 AM »
biebel reached maximum jock level, he has literally nothing to do with skateboarding anymore.

This. He has morphed completely and totally into a meathead.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #337 on: June 13, 2020, 03:47:28 AM »
biebel of insta or did the pooesyazz bitch block me?

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #338 on: June 13, 2020, 04:05:24 AM »
fiebel grind

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #339 on: June 13, 2020, 04:06:06 AM »
Expand Quote
biebel reached maximum jock level, he has literally nothing to do with skateboarding anymore.
[close]

This. He has morphed completely and totally into a meathead.

Yes!

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #340 on: June 13, 2020, 09:34:48 AM »
RIP the guy in the video, just read that the young man passed away.People need to be better humans.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #341 on: June 13, 2020, 09:40:05 AM »
biebel of insta or did the pooesyazz bitch block me?
Probably blocked. You know that dude ain’t deleting the gram

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2020, 09:46:09 AM »
RIP the guy in the video, just read that the young man passed away.People need to be better humans.
For the purpose of clarification, may ask where you read this?
One of our beloved posters here was joking around about this a couple/few days ago, but it turned out to be poppycock.
Hoping it is not true, but if you’ve got a link, you are invited to share it.
I don’t give a hoot about whether or not Berbels loses sponsors, I would like to see him prosecuted through the legal system for participating in an assault.
I’m coming for “that smoke“ y’all; maybe I’ll roll it it up & take a puff.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2020, 09:51:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not here to decide what Crail's Craig's best response should be to this (however, the best response is far better than attempting to ignore that this shit happened), but comparing this to Hewitt smoking weed is absurd (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=69670.0).

And, as for your cynical calling out of a poster being bummed that Crail Craig didn't stick to their message and follow through on their words, he has every right to be upset. Isn't this how the "invisible hand of the market" is supposed to work? Isn't this the libertarian argument, "if a company acts poorly the market will self correct." Or, is it all the more likely the libertarian argument is complete bullshit and nothing more than justifying corporate/the wealthy's power over workers, consumers, and citizens.

fixed a couple Craig's is all.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 09:53:06 AM by figureitout »

Bobbybanana

• Rep: 11
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2020, 10:58:54 AM »
Crail seems to have bad culture. The  manboy, beebully, korys incident, Keenan, MJ, perez, Mike no, Gino was at his worst and even said it was superficial party bullshit. Basically just enables whack party life but they don’t look as noticeably fucked up as PD.

Hangin' with a cool bunch

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2020, 11:50:04 AM »
Bit of a different perspective, not my own. I sent a buddy who was a pretty good local legend skater back in the 90's but doesnt fuck with social media or Slap the Biebel video with a comment like 'r.i.p Biebels Sponsors'. He replied 'Why r.i.p sponsors? Wasn't Biebel only the guy filming? Why would he lose his sponsors for being an onlooker?'. i told him how a bunch of guys from skate forums have been getting all worked up and sending Crail emails demanding they boot him etc. His reply was interesting, "wtf? when did skaters become such huge pussies?". Its a valid Question!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
« Reply #346 on: June 13, 2020, 11:59:07 AM »
Bit of a different perspective, not my own. I sent a buddy who was a pretty good local legend skater back in the 90's but doesnt fuck with social media or Slap the Biebel video with a comment like 'r.i.p Biebels Sponsors'. He replied 'Why r.i.p sponsors? Wasn't Biebel only the guy filming? Why would he lose his sponsors for being an onlooker?'. i told him how a bunch of guys from skate forums have been getting all worked up and sending Crail emails demanding they boot him etc. His reply was interesting, "wtf? when did skaters become such huge pussies?". Its a valid Question!
Cool story bro.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Obscura

• Rep: 12
« Reply #347 on: June 13, 2020, 12:03:29 PM »

He's absolutely right. There's nothing cooler than filming a defenseless person getting beaten to death and posting it on your Instagram. Get them likes, Biebel. Totally badass bro.

P.S. is your friend Bo Turner?

Theodore

« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2020, 12:04:52 PM »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2020, 12:10:02 PM »

Finally. If he did that right away maybe this whole situation wouldn’t have happened.

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #350 on: June 13, 2020, 12:16:23 PM »
Haha, someone has clearly written that for him. As if Biebel has any clue what a “false narrative” is!

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #351 on: June 13, 2020, 12:30:29 PM »
Haha, someone has clearly written that for him. As if Biebel has any clue what a “false narrative” is!

His diction until 12h ago was 'SMDH (teary-eyed laughing emoji)', if I recall correctly. Quite a change of heart  ::)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #352 on: June 13, 2020, 12:41:07 PM »
Took Smyth that long to write that half-assed shit?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #353 on: June 13, 2020, 12:42:05 PM »
Was gonna say been watching his insta since the incident and dudes been doing his Bro-jock shit daily ...he ain’t sorry for what he did only that he got called out for it

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #354 on: June 13, 2020, 12:45:52 PM »
not even including this horrible incident,,, how the fuck is Brandon Biebel a pro skater in 2020?

Obscura

• Rep: 12
« Reply #355 on: June 13, 2020, 12:46:41 PM »
"I don't now or have I ever condoned hate or violence of any kind... except for that one time a few days ago when I screamed "lights out! lights out!" delightedly at an unconscious man on the sidewalk getting his face smashed to shit."

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #356 on: June 13, 2020, 12:58:23 PM »
This is just keeping Biebel relevant.

He can go crawl back into his gym.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #357 on: June 13, 2020, 01:25:45 PM »
Biebel on racism

Barf The Mog

« Reply #358 on: June 13, 2020, 02:27:40 PM »

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #359 on: June 13, 2020, 03:06:54 PM »
"i never got of my bike or laid hands on anyone."

yeah, that's my problem with this, you didn't do anything and the things you did do were disgusting!

fuck you biebel!