Author Topic: Fuck Biebel  (Read 175640 times)

HeapsCool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Fuck Biebel
« Reply #420 on: June 14, 2020, 08:09:50 AM »
Most of you on here need to realise that nudists have rights.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #421 on: June 14, 2020, 08:18:01 AM »
So nobody involved in this shell of a company is bothered by this in the least? What a bizarrely inhuman response.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #422 on: June 14, 2020, 08:28:32 AM »
So nobody involved in this shell of a company is bothered by this in the least? What a bizarrely inhuman response.
   What is this 'response' shit?  All the 'address the situation' speak as well? Needs to die. It makes for all these insincere apologies that are only said out of brand interests.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #423 on: June 14, 2020, 08:32:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
   What is this 'response' shit?  All the 'address the situation' speak as well? Needs to die. It makes for all these insincere apologies that are only said out of brand interests.

Exactly the softies feel better cause they got someone to draft up an eloquent response that everyone forgets about 2 days later. Bunch of Karens

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #424 on: June 14, 2020, 08:54:30 AM »
When the guy who writes a lame apology for blackface writes a lame apology for hyping up a defenseless street beating this is what you get. Some Eddie Haskell sounding bullshit.

Expand Quote

[close]

« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:56:49 AM by Prison Wallet »

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #425 on: June 14, 2020, 09:23:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Exactly the softies feel better cause they got someone to draft up an eloquent response that everyone forgets about 2 days later. Bunch of Karens

You are the ones purposely trying to conflate this with more benign things. This is basic human decency shit.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
« Reply #426 on: June 14, 2020, 12:21:33 PM »
BA, olson, MJ, koston, guy, Berle, Hsu, gino, etc all left crailtap because the company has been a fucking joke for years.

Now they have a team where 90% of the riders are irrelevant and old and don't skate, including the worlds most obnoxious steroid using bro.

Perhaps if Mike learnt how to run a company instead of living out his gimp fetish in the BDSM world people would still respect girl/crailtap
ao/ba didn't end up doing anything too great but they sure knew when to leave the party. crail was really went from oreo to hydrox after that

larrylegend

• Rep: -1
« Reply #427 on: June 14, 2020, 02:21:23 PM »
biebully

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #428 on: June 14, 2020, 03:14:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I guess some people targeted are assholes and deserve it, but others get cancelled for nothing. Hewitt for example was kicked off Nike SB for basicly having been a kid...

The next target might just be you. That shit works in all directions.

[close]

I'm not here to decide what Crail's best response should be to this (however, the best response is far better than attempting to ignore that this shit happened), but comparing this to Hewitt smoking weed is absurd (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=69670.0).

Cheering on an attacker while someone gets beat and then posting the video of the beating/cheering thinking that this is a representation of good morals/behavior is different than someone deciding to get high and then talking about it in an interview. The two aren't even comparable. One is about personal freedom (getting high) and the other is about violating someone else's safety, instead of calling the police and hoping they act like social workers and do their job properly.

And, this whole, "It could be you" shit is absurd. My job requires me to interact with the public and I say all sorts of crazy shit all day long, however, I'm yet to worry about my position because among the crazy shit that I put out there none of it attacks anyone for their race/ethnicity, gender, religion, and other important characteristics. At least from the left, there is very little chance of me being the next target as you put it.

And, as for your cynical calling out of a poster being bummed that Crail didn't stick to their message and follow through on their words, he has every right to be upset. Isn't this how the "invisible hand of the market" is supposed to work? Isn't this the libertarian argument, "if a company acts poorly the market will self correct." Or, is it all the more likely the libertarian argument is complete bullshit and nothing more than justifying corporate/the wealthy's power over workers, consumers, and citizens.

And, within skateboarding, our companies are supposed to, to some extent, (and DLX might be an example of this) put the scene before profit margins. There is supposed to be a bit of community, authenticy, and support within the skate community. This is part of the reason we rejected Nike the first time it tried to enter skateboarding and part of what is supposed encourage us to support certain shops/companies. Ocean Howell did a Transworld Business article about this... https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/skateboarding-though-corporate-america-we-are-inefficient-and-proud/
[close]

I agree with most of what you wrote.

I did not mean to compare what Hewitt and Biebel did. I meant to point out that cancelling someone does not have to always be for the correct reason. Both Biebel and Hewitt were kicked off after they were reported by upset consumers. They were dropped, because their employers feared keeping them would tarnish their image. I just feel very uneasy with this whole cancel dynamic. It is a very simple reflex ("He did what? Fuck him!"). In my mind it is very undemocratic and socially problematic. There is no real risk involved in trying to get someone cancelled. If you protest you show yourself and you get personally engaged. If you confront someone personally, you take emotional risks. Compared to that, reporting someone over the internet is some weak shit!

Oh and again Fuck Biebel! How much of an asshole do you have to be to film and post a video like that?

which is a, if not THE, defining feature of the 'sponsored endorser' style business relationship riders have to their employers. riders are employed to be the public face of the company. when riders do something that tarnishes the brand's image (which clearly biebel has) OF COURSE THAT IS FAIR GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL.

as such it should be obvious that this isn't, at all, a case of a private citizen doing fucked up shit on social media and then getting fired when their employment terms are irrelevant to the transgression.

serious non-rhetorical question: exactly what point are you making? that it's BAD for people who do morally reprehensible shit that tarnishes their employer's image, when their employer's image is the end all be all of their business relationship, to face repercussions in the context of that business relationship? because that doesn't make any sense, even in pure business terms (as separated from ethics 'fairness' etc.)
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #429 on: June 14, 2020, 04:10:12 PM »
His insta stories are full of cringe last few days ...did he make money from that st archers deal too...how the fuck does he afford his Bro lifestyle of sugar drink shots and bench pressing

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #430 on: June 14, 2020, 04:22:10 PM »
let biebel shine mane, he gave us one of the greatest parts of all time

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • please don't kill me jesse.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #431 on: June 14, 2020, 06:36:04 PM »

No thanks.
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #432 on: June 14, 2020, 07:22:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No thanks.
I know it was the vibe of Chomp, but I wouldn't say 1 goof-off line and 1.5 manual tricks (second is garbage) count as "a part". More like guest tricks with a ton of lifestyle clips.

His last full part was Fully Flared (2007), right?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #433 on: June 14, 2020, 07:52:25 PM »
His insta stories are full of cringe last few days ...did he make money from that st archers deal too...how the fuck does he afford his Bro lifestyle of sugar drink shots and bench pressing

I have it on good authority from a successful confidant that the key to reaching the top is being a powerful bottom.

Dead Baby Lynx

« Reply #434 on: June 14, 2020, 08:20:37 PM »
 beible appears to suffer from some sort mental illness.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #435 on: June 14, 2020, 09:54:00 PM »
Holy fuck. People actually liked that part?

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #436 on: June 14, 2020, 10:02:09 PM »
I'm just shocked to find out this many people needed to see a video like this to figure out Biebel is a giant douchebag.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #437 on: June 15, 2020, 12:42:46 AM »
I'm just shocked to find out this many people needed to see a video like this to figure out Biebel is a giant douchebag.
yeah, imma go out in a limb and say that he’s probably been like this his whole life and we’re only getting glimpses of his fuckups    now because social media exists. This is true for most pros in the industry, Chico being the exception of course.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

wakawaka 916

• Rep: -14
« Reply #438 on: June 15, 2020, 01:36:23 AM »
I have to say----

This witch Hunt Shit sucks.

Yes, it is 2020, yes there is no more room for hate and bigotry in the world---as it should be---

But you idiots getting people getting kicked off shit---just by sitting at your keyboard---calling people out, for things that they have said YEARS ago when they were FUCKED up, looking for anything that links anyone who might say, or HAVE SAID (past tense)---And shit like this..... YOU FUCKING SUCK.

you SJWs have no idea what is like to dedicate your life to skatebarding----
What life/skateboarding was like before it was "popular," Mainstream," Easily accessible,

FUCK ALL OF YOU.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #439 on: June 15, 2020, 01:50:21 AM »
If it wasnt for witch hunts hundreds of years ago, there'd still be Witches flying around, poisoning your crops, eating your kids and causing severe newt eye shortages.

Luckily we now live in a world where these things wont happen. Theres a lot to be said for witch hunts.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #440 on: June 15, 2020, 01:53:23 AM »
I have to say----

Yes, it is 2020, yes there is no more room for hate and bigotry in the world---as it should be---

But you idiots getting people getting kicked off shit---just by sitting at your keyboard---calling people out, for things that they have said YEARS ago when they were FUCKED up, looking for anything that links anyone who might say, or HAVE SAID (past tense)---And shit like this..... YOU FUCKING SUCK.

What life/skateboarding was like before it was "popular," Mainstream," Easily accessible,

FUCK ALL OF YOU.

lol

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #441 on: June 15, 2020, 01:55:03 AM »
he said years ago lol

that shit just happen last week mane

At first I thought it was a misplaced 1010 defense, but 916 is Sacramento area code...

Malcolm Sex

• Rep: -89
« Reply #442 on: June 15, 2020, 01:58:52 AM »
Lol hi Sam.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #443 on: June 15, 2020, 02:23:41 AM »
Can someone post the pic of his ridiculous teeth? Like when he first got them I think.

Comedy gold.

Crails insta is getting hammered right now haha.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #444 on: June 15, 2020, 02:32:32 AM »
Even if I was a fan of Girl, how they've handled this would definitely make me less of a fan. Deleting comments and trying to brush it under the rug. They went downhill fast after Pretty Sweet. Girl on Censorship.

Bearings

• Rep: -4
« Reply #445 on: June 15, 2020, 02:42:49 AM »
I have to say----

FUCK ALL OF YOU.

Evening Sam, how’s work at the moment?

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #446 on: June 15, 2020, 03:43:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I guess some people targeted are assholes and deserve it, but others get cancelled for nothing. Hewitt for example was kicked off Nike SB for basicly having been a kid...

The next target might just be you. That shit works in all directions.

[close]

I'm not here to decide what Crail's best response should be to this (however, the best response is far better than attempting to ignore that this shit happened), but comparing this to Hewitt smoking weed is absurd (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=69670.0).

Cheering on an attacker while someone gets beat and then posting the video of the beating/cheering thinking that this is a representation of good morals/behavior is different than someone deciding to get high and then talking about it in an interview. The two aren't even comparable. One is about personal freedom (getting high) and the other is about violating someone else's safety, instead of calling the police and hoping they act like social workers and do their job properly.

And, this whole, "It could be you" shit is absurd. My job requires me to interact with the public and I say all sorts of crazy shit all day long, however, I'm yet to worry about my position because among the crazy shit that I put out there none of it attacks anyone for their race/ethnicity, gender, religion, and other important characteristics. At least from the left, there is very little chance of me being the next target as you put it.

And, as for your cynical calling out of a poster being bummed that Crail didn't stick to their message and follow through on their words, he has every right to be upset. Isn't this how the "invisible hand of the market" is supposed to work? Isn't this the libertarian argument, "if a company acts poorly the market will self correct." Or, is it all the more likely the libertarian argument is complete bullshit and nothing more than justifying corporate/the wealthy's power over workers, consumers, and citizens.

And, within skateboarding, our companies are supposed to, to some extent, (and DLX might be an example of this) put the scene before profit margins. There is supposed to be a bit of community, authenticy, and support within the skate community. This is part of the reason we rejected Nike the first time it tried to enter skateboarding and part of what is supposed encourage us to support certain shops/companies. Ocean Howell did a Transworld Business article about this... https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/skateboarding-though-corporate-america-we-are-inefficient-and-proud/
[close]

I agree with most of what you wrote.

I did not mean to compare what Hewitt and Biebel did. I meant to point out that cancelling someone does not have to always be for the correct reason. Both Biebel and Hewitt were kicked off after they were reported by upset consumers. They were dropped, because their employers feared keeping them would tarnish their image. I just feel very uneasy with this whole cancel dynamic. It is a very simple reflex ("He did what? Fuck him!"). In my mind it is very undemocratic and socially problematic. There is no real risk involved in trying to get someone cancelled. If you protest you show yourself and you get personally engaged. If you confront someone personally, you take emotional risks. Compared to that, reporting someone over the internet is some weak shit!

Oh and again Fuck Biebel! How much of an asshole do you have to be to film and post a video like that?
[close]

which is a, if not THE, defining feature of the 'sponsored endorser' style business relationship riders have to their employers. riders are employed to be the public face of the company. when riders do something that tarnishes the brand's image (which clearly biebel has) OF COURSE THAT IS FAIR GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL.

as such it should be obvious that this isn't, at all, a case of a private citizen doing fucked up shit on social media and then getting fired when their employment terms are irrelevant to the transgression.

serious non-rhetorical question: exactly what point are you making? that it's BAD for people who do morally reprehensible shit that tarnishes their employer's image, when their employer's image is the end all be all of their business relationship, to face repercussions in the context of that business relationship? because that doesn't make any sense, even in pure business terms (as separated from ethics 'fairness' etc.)

My point is that the whole dynamic is potentially dangerous and undemocratic. Did you read my whole text or did you just selectively pick out a sentence to write about? I completely agree with your goal, which is to combat racism and ignorance. I am very sceptical that the means of annonymous social media callouts are the right one. 

Honest question: Would you be for a kind of rider's manual (like the one powell had in place at one time), where sponsored skaters would agree to guidlines of what they were able to say in public and whenever a phone could be recording them?

Ah and once again, because I love writing it: Fuck that stupid jock asshole Brandon Biebel!

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #447 on: June 15, 2020, 04:01:04 AM »
I have to say----

FUCK ALL OF YOU.

Well said sir.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #448 on: June 15, 2020, 04:13:56 AM »
Somebody should photo shop him acid dropping on to the homeless dude

veritas

« Reply #449 on: June 15, 2020, 08:08:15 AM »
Biebel on ROLLERS California, that clip was his sponsor me footage. Smyth angling for a TM position.