Author Topic: Fuck Biebel  (Read 175610 times)

David Lee Sloth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -77
Re: Fuck Biebel
« Reply #450 on: June 15, 2020, 08:40:46 AM »
Smyth did blackface for a Flavor Flav costume? Fuck Smyth! Crail is done.

What even is Halloween these days?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #451 on: June 15, 2020, 08:43:50 AM »
Is it that hard for white people to go their whole lives without painting their face black or brown? I mean I haven’t done it yet. Even the fucking PM of Canada did black face. Why is it so hard.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #452 on: June 15, 2020, 08:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So nobody involved in this shell of a company is bothered by this in the least? What a bizarrely inhuman response.
[close]
   What is this 'response' shit?  All the 'address the situation' speak as well? Needs to die. It makes for all these insincere apologies that are only said out of brand interests.
[close]

Exactly the softies feel better cause they got someone to draft up an eloquent response that everyone forgets about 2 days later. Bunch of Karens
[close]

You are the ones purposely trying to conflate this with more benign things. This is basic human decency shit.
  I never did that.  I was livid till I started to hear that Biebel wasn't involved and didn't know the assailant.  The assailant should be charged with attempted manslaughter.  And Biebel sounding like a cunt on his phone isn't worth my time.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 08:47:49 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

V.I. Lenin

• Rep: -12
« Reply #453 on: June 15, 2020, 09:00:01 AM »
Where can i see this video? Link in first post do not work.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #454 on: June 15, 2020, 09:13:39 AM »
I’m surprised this still hasn’t been removed by insta.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #455 on: June 15, 2020, 09:17:34 AM »

just imagine a ufc fight where the guy gets knocked out and the other one keeps punching em in the face and instead of a ref pulling him off . the ref is biebel just standing there filming it and laughing like butthead
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #456 on: June 15, 2020, 09:19:05 AM »
I can't believe how many skaters follow Brandon Biebel.

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #457 on: June 15, 2020, 09:29:49 AM »
Its my birthday today - so as a gift Girl blocked me after I asked, what in these circumstances, was a milquetoast question. Well I guess there goes that skidul shape I was going to treat my old ass self to. Good work Craig!
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #458 on: June 15, 2020, 10:14:31 AM »

My point is that the whole dynamic is potentially dangerous and undemocratic. Did you read my whole text or did you just selectively pick out a sentence to write about? I completely agree with your goal, which is to combat racism and ignorance. I am very sceptical that the means of annonymous social media callouts are the right one. 

Honest question: Would you be for a kind of rider's manual (like the one powell had in place at one time), where sponsored skaters would agree to guidlines of what they were able to say in public and whenever a phone could be recording them?

Ah and once again, because I love writing it: Fuck that stupid jock asshole Brandon Biebel!

My first question would be how do you define democracy within the market? I'd argue that the market is inherently undemocratic, since we all have dramatically different levels of power. The only aspect that even remotely relates to democracy, since none of us can vote on who is sponsored, is we (sort of) "vote" through our purchases and our collective community sentiment towards a skater. How do we democratically push a company to hold it's skaters responsible? Should we create new laws through our gov. representatives in the legislature and/or via propositions? How do we hold individual responsible for legal but shitty actions? (I'm not sure what Beibel did is 100% legal, but I'm not a lawyer or a cop.)

As for a guide, I think Powell's guide was overkill and it was part of the reason Mike V. left, but I don't think it'd be a terrible idea for the companies to sit their riders down and say, "The days when a sympathetic writer or editor edited out the beyond stupid shit you say is partially over. Do whatever the hell you want on social media but for fuck's sake don't be dumb and post racist or sexist shit. And, don'tshow yourself cheering on an attacker who is beating a mental I'll dude."

The TMs know that the dudes aren't there because they're smart (altough some might be brilliant). They're there because they can skate, are personable, have a sellable image, and have the right friends. Gatekeepers are terrible for many reasons but they also did a good job protecting some of the dumbest skaters from themselves. (How bad it is to protect these dudes is another conversation.)

Some skaters don't do their own social media and it is inauthentic and lame but it certainly saves them from being as dumb as Beibel who made his own problems by not only being shitty by cheering on some disgusting shit but by putting himself on blast by posting it on Instagram.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 10:34:43 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #459 on: June 15, 2020, 12:56:17 PM »
Expand Quote
I have to say----

This witch Hunt Shit sucks.

Yes, it is 2020, yes there is no more room for hate and bigotry in the world---as it should be---

But you idiots getting people getting kicked off shit---just by sitting at your keyboard---calling people out, for things that they have said YEARS ago when they were FUCKED up, looking for anything that links anyone who might say, or HAVE SAID (past tense)---And shit like this..... YOU FUCKING SUCK.

you SJWs have no idea what is like to dedicate your life to skatebarding----
What life/skateboarding was like before it was "popular," Mainstream," Easily accessible,

FUCK ALL OF YOU.
[close]

Evening Sam, how’s work at the moment?

Even if it is Sam he has a point.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Malcolm Sex

• Rep: -89
« Reply #460 on: June 15, 2020, 01:01:59 PM »
I remember skateboarding when it was unpopular!

And I even remember Girl when it was popular.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #461 on: June 15, 2020, 01:14:24 PM »
Expand Quote

My point is that the whole dynamic is potentially dangerous and undemocratic. Did you read my whole text or did you just selectively pick out a sentence to write about? I completely agree with your goal, which is to combat racism and ignorance. I am very sceptical that the means of annonymous social media callouts are the right one. 

Honest question: Would you be for a kind of rider's manual (like the one powell had in place at one time), where sponsored skaters would agree to guidlines of what they were able to say in public and whenever a phone could be recording them?

Ah and once again, because I love writing it: Fuck that stupid jock asshole Brandon Biebel!
[close]

My first question would be how do you define democracy within the market? I'd argue that the market is inherently undemocratic, since we all have dramatically different levels of power. The only aspect that even remotely relates to democracy, since none of us can vote on who is sponsored, is we (sort of) "vote" through our purchases and our collective community sentiment towards a skater. How do we democratically push a company to hold it's skaters responsible? Should we create new laws through our gov. representatives in the legislature and/or via propositions? How do we hold individual responsible for legal but shitty actions? (I'm not sure what Beibel did is 100% legal, but I'm not a lawyer or a cop.)

As for a guide, I think Powell's guide was overkill and it was part of the reason Mike V. left, but I don't think it'd be a terrible idea for the companies to sit their riders down and say, "The days when a sympathetic writer or editor edited out the beyond stupid shit you say is partially over. Do whatever the hell you want on social media but for fuck's sake don't be dumb and post racist or sexist shit. And, don'tshow yourself cheering on an attacker who is beating a mental I'll dude."

The TMs know that the dudes aren't there because they're smart (altough some might be brilliant). They're there because they can skate, are personable, have a sellable image, and have the right friends. Gatekeepers are terrible for many reasons but they also did a good job protecting some of the dumbest skaters from themselves. (How bad it is to protect these dudes is another conversation.)

Some skaters don't do their own social media and it is inauthentic and lame but it certainly saves them from being as dumb as Beibel who made his own problems by not only being shitty by cheering on some disgusting shit but by putting himself on blast by posting it on Instagram.
   What are you pushing for tho?  Make it illegal to do ur own social media?  Why not ghost write interviews so they come out to a certain consumption standard? That sounds like what insanity ur proposing.  What do you care anyway if someone outs themselves as toxic?  Its better to get at the base of a societal problem then to sanitizing expression. Edit except actual hate speech. -charge people for that.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 01:38:41 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
« Reply #462 on: June 15, 2020, 02:15:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
   What are you pushing for tho?  Make it illegal to do ur own social media?  Why not ghost write interviews so they come out to a certain consumption standard? That sounds like what insanity ur proposing.  What do you care anyway if someone outs themselves as toxic?  Its better to get at the base of a societal problem then to sanitizing expression. Edit except actual hate speech. -charge people for that.

I think you misread my post and the post I was responding to.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #463 on: June 15, 2020, 03:03:01 PM »
I have to say----

Yes, it is 2020, yes there is no more room for hate and bigotry in the world---as it should be---

But you idiots getting people getting kicked off shit---just by sitting at your keyboard---calling people out, for things that they have said YEARS ago when they were FUCKED up, looking for anything that links anyone who might say, or HAVE SAID (past tense)---And shit like this..... YOU FUCKING SUCK.

What life/skateboarding was like before it was "popular," Mainstream," Easily accessible,

FUCK ALL OF YOU.

AGREED!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #464 on: June 15, 2020, 03:05:40 PM »
I can't believe how many skaters follow Brandon Biebel.

Seriously. I'd figures his followers would all be thots and homosexual men.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #465 on: June 15, 2020, 03:41:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have to say----

FUCK ALL OF YOU.
[close]

[close]

Not when it's this kinda shit though. This isn't just saying a super shitty word.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
« Reply #466 on: June 15, 2020, 04:22:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have to say----

FUCK ALL OF YOU.
[close]

[close]

[close]
Not when it's this kinda shit though. This isn't just saying a super shitty word.

Does slap really have that much pull in the industry?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #467 on: June 15, 2020, 04:24:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I think you misread my post and the post I was responding to.
   Thanks my bad

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #468 on: June 15, 2020, 04:29:27 PM »

Fuck Jerseyshore Ben Affleck. 

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #469 on: June 15, 2020, 04:32:54 PM »

Fuck Jerseyshore Ben Affleck.
SacrementOH SHIT... you jus’ nailed it!!!
#LOLdaylong

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Bucketguy

• Rep: 15
« Reply #470 on: June 15, 2020, 05:57:10 PM »
Patiently waiting for new recruit Breana Geering to post something about Biebels bullshit..

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #471 on: June 15, 2020, 06:31:07 PM »
I have to say----

FUCK ALL OF YOU.

I would say the problems are blown out of proportion when the skater tries to avoid owning up to stuff they are clearly wrong for. As much as we rag on Nyjah, it didn’t take a lot for him to apologize for his sexist comments now people hardly remember it.

I kinda understand your point if we are talking about a skater’s actions in a less PC era (Muska’s homophobia in the 90’s, or Staba’s semi-frequent references to rape in the 00s) but Biebel did this shit last week during the most pc week in American history lol.

I don’t understand your “dedicated to skateboarding” argument. I dedicated my life to digital design: If I recorded a naked man getting knocked out, and it kinda looks like I was co-signing it, and it went viral in the design community...I would get fired...and it would be perfectly reasonable. But you industry dudes keep acting like being good at skateboarding should matter beyond our entertainment. So fuck you too.

Telly

• Rep: -150
« Reply #472 on: June 15, 2020, 07:00:46 PM »
Could just take this route.  I got $1 on it.

https://www.cameo.com/brandonbiebel

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #473 on: June 15, 2020, 07:07:02 PM »

I've got $20 on him just saying "lights out. lights out."
I'm not with all the cancelling everyone nowadays, but this is such a bad look, at the completely wrong time.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #474 on: June 15, 2020, 08:16:33 PM »

To think that youre this important to people is mind blowing.

Telly

• Rep: -150
« Reply #475 on: June 15, 2020, 08:21:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
To think that youre this important to people is mind blowing.

$20 is only like one smoothie when you add triple protein, bro. 

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #476 on: June 15, 2020, 08:24:40 PM »
I mean I can’t say I didn’t see it coming from over a decade ago

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #477 on: June 15, 2020, 08:40:23 PM »
Would pay to see him in a dress, wig & make up doing a drag number, as Tess Tosterone, singing Lights Out.
👗👱🏼‍♀️💄👄🎤🎼💪🏼🏋🏼‍♀️👊🏼💡💤
Sure as fuck ain’t paying for that goof to wish anybody HBD though.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

MR_WonderfulAndisSoErotic

« Reply #478 on: June 15, 2020, 08:47:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn I guess Smyth is a dog shit human being. Fuck them all.
[close]

Worst TM of all time. WTMOAT.
We need to cross this MOAT of horror

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #479 on: June 15, 2020, 10:33:40 PM »
I have to say----

FUCK ALL OF YOU.

ok there Kenny Chesney