Author Topic: Fuck Biebel  (Read 175659 times)

JamesFardy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Fuck Biebel
« Reply #780 on: July 10, 2020, 08:59:19 AM »
This guy has been awful for years, I’m surprised people are just catching onto this now. He’s one of the guys who I always though “how’d that even happen” whenever it comes up that he rides for Girl in convo, he’s like the Justin Eldridge of Girl save for the fact that he’s exclusively limited to manual tricks; how either of those dudes were deemed as suitable replacements for the outgoing squad was beyond my comprehension. It’s just weird how Girl co-signed some high key jock shit from some doofus wigger who’s always trying to do his best impression of what he thought black people were like, as if he took notes from a distance.

Regardless of his cultural appropriation and his penchant for calling gay people the “f” word, I could at least ignore it since he was only punking himself with his nonsense. This is entirely different though, because there’s clearly someone from dire circumstances being victimized, and Crailtap justifies that shit? Show us the full unedited version if it backs your “man dude brah he’s like, a pedophile” stance, the burden of proof is on you to back up your claim. I’m just glad that DLX had the gumption to appropriately handle the situation, while Crail spends weeks deleting comments and blocking potential customers to protect a pro well past his prime, knowing he’ll have little chance of finding another home if you dropped him; covering your tracks as if you have something to hide is what people do when they have no evidence and their position is predicated on lies, take note if you’re reading this Sam. Say what you want about WKND, but at least they responded to the buying market by dropping a toxic asset when the public spoke.

This was basically the last straw for a lot of long time consumers. We could excuse the Chinese boards that break almost as quickly as they get soggy, the clothes that deteriorated after a dryer cycle or two, the budget factory produced shoes that Payless beats when it comes to quality/ value/ styling, and even the fact that your current roster is uninspiring aside from a slim few who will ultimately find better sponsors after using Crail as a stepping stone. You could have gone on being a legacy brand that milked your heritage to death and we would have kept buying into it because of how powerful your past was, but you keep giving us reason after reason to abstain from propping up that legacy with our spending power. It’s bad enough that you guys practiced poor business and fucked over our favorite pros like Koston, MJ, Chico and Guy, but now you’re fucking US over by trying to dictate how the market works to the people who make the market, and that’ll be a losing strategy long term. “Drink our Kool Aid and believe our story even though our credibility is shot, otherwise you’re not a real fan/ skateboarder” is how I interpreted your justification of Biebel’s toxicity, and there are a plethora of other brands offering sugar water that tastes way better than what you’re purveying at this point.

Why’d a short insta post cause me to type a bible on Slap? Maybe it’s because this is the only way you’ll heed my warning to you since you failed to listen by blocking me on social media. Maybe it’s because I have such fond memories of my childhood, which consisted of exclusively riding Girl/ Chocolate boards, buying every piece of media you ever put out, calling the Crail Phone during the Hot Choco tour and chopping it up with Gino for an hour, saving my money to take trips to skate the spots you guys killed, and even riding your garbage trucks until my axels broke and my wheels fell through the grate at Flushing. Maybe I still want a reason to buy your garbage quality products, when I’m fully aware that there’s vastly superior products with better prices/ value in the marketplace with just as much heritage behind them. Maybe I’m just a thirty something who’s jaded and wants something to hold onto. My maybe’s could be your lifeline if you did the right thing for once and catered to the core audience who’s breathed life into your entire existence with our wallets all these years, but something tells me you’ll fail to realize that much and your company will wind up being as irrelevant as Zoo York, a lifeless shell of its former self.

Zoo York is still kinda sickkkkk

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #781 on: July 10, 2020, 09:28:01 AM »
This guy has been awful for years, I’m surprised people are just catching onto this now. He’s one of the guys who I always though “how’d that even happen” whenever it comes up that he rides for Girl in convo, he’s like the Justin Eldridge of Girl save for the fact that he’s exclusively limited to manual tricks; how either of those dudes were deemed as suitable replacements for the outgoing squad was beyond my comprehension. It’s just weird how Girl co-signed some high key jock shit from some doofus wigger who’s always trying to do his best impression of what he thought black people were like, as if he took notes from a distance.

Regardless of his cultural appropriation and his penchant for calling gay people the “f” word, I could at least ignore it since he was only punking himself with his nonsense. This is entirely different though, because there’s clearly someone from dire circumstances being victimized, and Crailtap justifies that shit? Show us the full unedited version if it backs your “man dude brah he’s like, a pedophile” stance, the burden of proof is on you to back up your claim. I’m just glad that DLX had the gumption to appropriately handle the situation, while Crail spends weeks deleting comments and blocking potential customers to protect a pro well past his prime, knowing he’ll have little chance of finding another home if you dropped him; covering your tracks as if you have something to hide is what people do when they have no evidence and their position is predicated on lies, take note if you’re reading this Sam. Say what you want about WKND, but at least they responded to the buying market by dropping a toxic asset when the public spoke.

This was basically the last straw for a lot of long time consumers. We could excuse the Chinese boards that break almost as quickly as they get soggy, the clothes that deteriorated after a dryer cycle or two, the budget factory produced shoes that Payless beats when it comes to quality/ value/ styling, and even the fact that your current roster is uninspiring aside from a slim few who will ultimately find better sponsors after using Crail as a stepping stone. You could have gone on being a legacy brand that milked your heritage to death and we would have kept buying into it because of how powerful your past was, but you keep giving us reason after reason to abstain from propping up that legacy with our spending power. It’s bad enough that you guys practiced poor business and fucked over our favorite pros like Koston, MJ, Chico and Guy, but now you’re fucking US over by trying to dictate how the market works to the people who make the market, and that’ll be a losing strategy long term. “Drink our Kool Aid and believe our story even though our credibility is shot, otherwise you’re not a real fan/ skateboarder” is how I interpreted your justification of Biebel’s toxicity, and there are a plethora of other brands offering sugar water that tastes way better than what you’re purveying at this point.

Why’d a short insta post cause me to type a bible on Slap? Maybe it’s because this is the only way you’ll heed my warning to you since you failed to listen by blocking me on social media. Maybe it’s because I have such fond memories of my childhood, which consisted of exclusively riding Girl/ Chocolate boards, buying every piece of media you ever put out, calling the Crail Phone during the Hot Choco tour and chopping it up with Gino for an hour, saving my money to take trips to skate the spots you guys killed, and even riding your garbage trucks until my axels broke and my wheels fell through the grate at Flushing. Maybe I still want a reason to buy your garbage quality products, when I’m fully aware that there’s vastly superior products with better prices/ value in the marketplace with just as much heritage behind them. Maybe I’m just a thirty something who’s jaded and wants something to hold onto. My maybe’s could be your lifeline if you did the right thing for once and catered to the core audience who’s breathed life into your entire existence with our wallets all these years, but something tells me you’ll fail to realize that much and your company will wind up being as irrelevant as Zoo York, a lifeless shell of its former self.

Easily the defining post when it comes to this topic. And quite possibly the best thing I've read on here in a long while.

Good on you for taking the time to put that together.

Those who are too lazy, too cool or too concerned with looking too interested on a fucking skateboard forum, even though you're spending al your time on a skateboard forum, could really do themselves a favor and read this.

Crail definitely should.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #782 on: July 10, 2020, 09:55:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Uhh Justin Eldridge was really really Fucking good in his heyday, I don’t think that’s an apt comparison.
[close]

he also is really really clueless, which is why it is an apt comparison

Justin was definitely talented (and still is), but he didn’t feel like a logical replacement for the outgoing members. Remember when Alien made Pops & Wenning am to replace the older pros who left/ got kicked off? Or how they gave Ave and Dill boards after 23 Skateboards dissolved? That felt right to me, since their whole style + their technically progressive skill level on their boards felt like a natural trajectory. Keep in mind that Justin replaced guys like Paulo, Gabriel, Ben, Keenan and Stevie, and a valley dude frat bro didn’t jive with the feel regardless of how good that sponsor tape was. I felt the same way about Biebel replacing guys like Rudy, Guy, Tim & Tony, and his bro’d out demeanor/ South Pole jeans/ limited low impact skateboard ability actually fit Expedition (where he was plucked from). Vincent felt right on Chocolate, just like Malto and CK felt right on Girl, so Crail still acknowledges and follows the established rule of thumb, but BB/ JE somehow slipped through the door as it was being held open for someone else.

TL;DR- Girl was always intended to be the premier Crail team with the top tier talent, and Biebel wasn’t that; Chocolate was always intended to be the Crail team where style took precedent over technical ability, and Justin wasn’t that either. Neither of them felt like logical picks to replace the established feel that the former riders created.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #783 on: July 10, 2020, 11:28:35 AM »
  Girls downfall likely began with Keenans passing.   
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #784 on: July 10, 2020, 11:33:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Easily the defining post when it comes to this topic. And quite possibly the best thing I've read on here in a long while.

Good on you for taking the time to put that together.

Those who are too lazy, too cool or too concerned with looking too interested on a fucking skateboard forum, even though you're spending al your time on a skateboard forum, could really do themselves a favor and read this.

Crail definitely should.
And another Amen over here.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #785 on: July 10, 2020, 11:47:43 AM »
Girl needs to retire some riders...or do what other brands are doing now and make a Legend Status division

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #786 on: July 10, 2020, 11:58:06 AM »
skateboard teams only actually work for as long as a crew of people skate together and are actual friends.

once you have a "brand" with 10 guys who aren't friends....its completely pointless.

which is why Hockey, FA, Quasi are the best and biggest brands of the 2010s and most likely 2020s.  they're friends that skate together.  not employees that are handpicked to sell boards to certain demographic

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #787 on: July 10, 2020, 01:24:22 PM »
Expand Quote
This guy has been awful for years, I’m surprised people are just catching onto this now. He’s one of the guys who I always though “how’d that even happen” whenever it com ites up that he rides for Girl in convo, he’s like the Justin Eldridge of Girl save for the fact that he’s exclusively limited to manual tricks; how either of those dudes were deemed as suitable replacements for the outgoing squad was beyond my comprehension. It’s just weird how Girl co-signed some high key jock shit from some doofus wigger who’s always trying to do his best impression of what he thought black people were like, as if he took notes from a distance.

[close]

Bang on

Bang Bang on, Craigtap can get bent. You however +1

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #788 on: July 10, 2020, 01:35:32 PM »
craig needed a stupid white boi on the teams to serve as an example to the world on how stupid they are and were actually playing a game of 3-d chess this whole time. check and mate.

Dr.Fauci

• Rep: -38
« Reply #789 on: July 10, 2020, 01:45:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Uhh Justin Eldridge was really really Fucking good in his heyday, I don’t think that’s an apt comparison.
[close]

[close]

Justin was definitely talented (and still is), but he didn’t feel like a logical replacement for the outgoing members. Remember when Alien made Pops & Wenning am to replace the older pros who left/ got kicked off? Or how they gave Ave and Dill boards after 23 Skateboards dissolved? That felt right to me, since their whole style + their technically progressive skill level on their boards felt like a natural trajectory. Keep in mind that Justin replaced guys like Paulo, Gabriel, Ben, Keenan and Stevie, and a valley dude frat bro didn’t jive with the feel regardless of how good that sponsor tape was. I felt the same way about Biebel replacing guys like Rudy, Guy, Tim & Tony, and his bro’d out demeanor/ South Pole jeans/ limited low impact skateboard ability actually fit Expedition (where he was plucked from). Vincent felt right on Chocolate, just like Malto and CK felt right on Girl, so Crail still acknowledges and follows the established rule of thumb, but BB/ JE somehow slipped through the door as it was being held open for someone else.

TL;DR- Girl was always intended to be the premier Crail team with the top tier talent, and Biebel wasn’t that; Chocolate was always intended to be the Crail team where style took precedent over technical ability, and Justin wasn’t that either. Neither of them felt like logical picks to replace the established feel that the former riders created.

What year did you start skating?

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #790 on: July 10, 2020, 01:48:07 PM »
Did they drop him? He's no longer on the girl main page and even going into craigtap and filtering by rider he's not there.
Suns out, im going skating. chow

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #791 on: July 10, 2020, 01:57:29 PM »
Did they drop him? He's no longer on the girl main page and even going into craigtap and filtering by rider he's not there.
Yes.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

EastKremer

• Rep: -63
« Reply #792 on: July 10, 2020, 02:13:18 PM »
Biebel skate skills were meh, I do not know if Eldridge likes to beat homeless too but I think he is way better with the useless toy

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #793 on: July 10, 2020, 03:24:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Biebel got on when Spike and Mike make that huge push to absorb Modus into Crail which brought Ty, MJ, BA, Biebel (in Chang’s part), and Staba (for Ruby) over.

Eldridge and Cale Nuske came about at the same time, looked kinda alike, had one banger of an intro part and then never did much of anything else.  Cale disappeared, but Eldridge hung around, got a few pro models and now exists as part of Crail’s tenure program and did such clueless things as have a Nina Simone deck (which shows he knows nothing about her) probably because it looked cool.     

alex

« Reply #794 on: July 10, 2020, 06:54:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes.

Classic. No acknowledgment?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #795 on: July 12, 2020, 10:55:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes.

[close]

Was he well paid at crail? Did they just make him a silent investor

His insta clips showing him in personal gyms and cryo therapy?!! Looks like he’s got cashed out well from crail

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #796 on: July 12, 2020, 12:10:34 PM »

"some doofus wigger" would be a great SLAP handle

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #797 on: July 12, 2020, 02:23:39 PM »
1. Biebel is fucking loser.

2. Girl has continuously shown they don't know how to advance in the 2010s and now 2020s.  They had a chokehold on the web page and blogs game, with the daily randoms and daily blogs. They also had the best tour and media output for the pre and early streaming era.   Did they adapt.  Nope.  Now look at them.  Playing catchup every damn time.

3. As an avid body builder, if you think Brandon is on steriods youre fucking dumb.  Nothing about his physique says he is on gear and he looks like complete shit.  Sadly he is just a fucking tool who can bench 3 plates and looks like shit...there are lot of them.  Weck has a 5x better physique and has no where near the high body fat hahaha.

I agree completely. To a bunch of 16 year old skate kids, hes built like Hercules. He must have been big news in Sacto because he was an honorary king on the roster or something. Sucks Girl is slipping so bad. They were the company in the mid to late nineties.

alex

« Reply #798 on: July 12, 2020, 04:42:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes.

[close]

[close]

His insta clips showing him in personal gyms and cryo therapy?!! Looks like he’s got cashed out well from crail

I think he got that st archer investment

Hieronymus Botch

• Rep: 0
« Reply #799 on: July 12, 2020, 05:50:03 PM »
Biebel on body dysmorphia and brain dysphoria

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #800 on: July 12, 2020, 08:28:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes.

[close]

[close]

[close]

He probably got a six figure pay out.   Herman seemed like one of the originals and he had an interview where he made just over a million.   Not like either amounts aren’t a lot of money, but one lives in an area and a lifestyle where that shit can go very quickly and the other lives in Bakersfield on his own land

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #801 on: July 12, 2020, 08:45:19 PM »
There was a point where Biebel was doing his thing, he might not have ever been a favorite of mine but he was quotable, a big dumb skateboarder who one upped Tim O’s ender four years later and who always had a relatively deep bag of tricks.
I stopped giving a fuck when he started taking it easy and especially when he only skated that stupid fucking park.
My friend scrolled back on his insta and the last skate clip was in like 2018 or something.
He doesn’t skate anymore. He didn’t leave a huge mark on a company or our ‘culture’. I’d wager he was never anyone’s favorite skater, despite the fact that he was around legends his entire career.
So... why did Craig give this dude a 6 year paid vacation?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 57
  • energy vampire
« Reply #802 on: July 12, 2020, 09:06:17 PM »
Fuck Craig.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #803 on: July 12, 2020, 09:08:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He probably got a six figure pay out.   Herman seemed like one of the originals and he had an interview where he made just over a million.   Not like either amounts aren’t a lot of money, but one lives in an area and a lifestyle where that shit can go very quickly and the other lives in Bakersfield on his own land

Yea that’s what’s buggin me ...his lifestyle reflects nigels and he doesn’t even skate...makes wonder when are we gonna see a go fund me

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #804 on: July 12, 2020, 09:16:11 PM »
Where's the video? All of the links are dead. It looks like it's been scrubbed from the internet. I didn't know he was that powerful.

ShredneyMullen

« Reply #805 on: July 12, 2020, 10:11:17 PM »
Surprised no threads on this. Have video saved if story gets taken down, or he goes private. Essentially Biebel films someone (his homie?) beat the shit out of someone walking down hollywood blvd naked, with obvious mental health, and physical issues. pretty disgraceful, and disturbing.

*edit: (link to video) https://streamable.com/1exfbu

the guy has always been a loser that leeches
off the talents of the pros around him to make himself look better than he is

honestly he is the most white frat douche wanna be black skater that ive ever seen

kook of the decade

shalom hussein

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #806 on: July 12, 2020, 10:15:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Surprised no threads on this. Have video saved if story gets taken down, or he goes private. Essentially Biebel films someone (his homie?) beat the shit out of someone walking down hollywood blvd naked, with obvious mental health, and physical issues. pretty disgraceful, and disturbing.

[close]

honestly he is the most white frat douche wanna be black skater that ive ever seen

kook of the decade

shalom hussein

Nah Colt Cannon and Justin Eldridge are more fratty bc they actually look like they could get into an institution with a Greek Row.  Biebel def peaks at Sacramento Community College

ShredneyMullen

« Reply #807 on: July 12, 2020, 10:19:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

kook of the decade

shalom hussein
[close]

Nah Colt Cannon and Justin Eldridge are more fratty bc they actually look like they could get into an institution with a Greek Row.  Biebel def peaks at Sacramento Community College

lmaoo

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #808 on: July 12, 2020, 10:25:25 PM »
Fuck Craig.

I’d be upset too if my brother was much more successful than me
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #809 on: July 13, 2020, 12:37:38 AM »
Like others have said, Matthew nailed it with that post.

I'm especially fond of this part:
you’re fucking US over by trying to dictate how the market works to the people who make the market, and that’ll be a losing strategy long term.