Author Topic: THREADTOPIC="I desperately need help with my google spreadsheet!"  (Read 264 times)

companguero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me with this spreadsheet formula:

Here is a public link to the above google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EKXYfgofKptQ2hAHJUPlLN1x2g8_gxbFKYDTFtnlr7k/edit?usp=sharing

I've been using a spreadsheet to calculate how much money I need to earn on a daily basis in order to pay off bills in an even and timely manner. Over the years I've learned new functions to make the calculations increasingly exact but I cannot wrap my head around iterative calculation .

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
Re: THREADTOPIC="I desperately need help with my google spreadsheet!"
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 05:21:26 PM »
Are you asking what an iterative calculation is? Because it's in the name.. It iterates as many times as you define or until it resolves.

Or are you asking how to use it? Because that's a bit more involved and honestly Google will teach you more than anyone here will.

companguero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
Re: THREADTOPIC="I desperately need help with my google spreadsheet!"
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 06:09:21 PM »
Sorry, I get the gist of an iterative calculation and how these settings work.

In the settings above, MAX number of iterations could be set to 100 and with the right formula using a circular reference it would iterate the calculation 1 cent at a time, 100 times.
But the FUND could be any value so the threshold would need to be set so the calculations stop after reaching a value no less than 0.

My problem: I don't know how to write the formula with a circular reference to achieve this result:

It should use the value in the FUND column (A2) and repeatedly deduct (.01) from it until REMAINING FUND (C2) is 0.

So far I posted in reddit but no bites, just hoping this smaller community might attract someone with the specialized knowledge to write out the formula so I can comprehend it by reverse engineering.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.