Author Topic: I have the ollie hole disease / Why am I like this  (Read 4390 times)

NoHopeNoHarm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: I have the ollie hole disease / Why am I like this
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2020, 01:29:19 PM »
Drink a bottle of Jack Daniels and give a trusted friend a very sharp Dremel tool and shave that bone off.

I think I may be able to get this procedure covered by my insurance but this is even better. I've just heard horror stories of people not being able to return to their sport after this procedure so if thats the case fuck that. Although these bunions do hurt like hell, always.

I'm telling you super glue gel and a piece of bike tubing is the move. I can get like a month or two out a a good shoe with a piece of inner tube

I tried this the other day and burned thru that rubber in one 2 hour session. I may be beyond salvation

I also suffer from bunions and I know the struggle of blowing through shoes. I used to be a big dunk guy but over the years the bunions have gotten worse and I can no longer wear nikes due to their narrowness. The one shoe that has done the best for me recently has been the DC Lynx. For me, the rubber outer sole sticks out enough to take some pressure of the uppers. Good luck

Maybe this is the key. Instead of patching the problem area, I should add more material to the surrounding areas and tape to offset the contact patch?

NoHopeNoHarm

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2020, 11:42:10 AM »
DIY rubber ollie pad sourced from the toecap of an old pair of cons. I'm hoping that this will last four sessions. Will update with results.

https://imgur.com/a/zic0QaN

also if anyone could let me know how to embed a picture from imgur on here that would be cool

biaherl

• Rep: 264
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2020, 09:42:24 PM »
also if anyone could let me know how to embed a picture from imgur on here that would be cool

"copy image address" highlight then smash Mona Lisa

biaherl

• Rep: 264
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2020, 09:46:11 PM »
Don't forget to duct tape your sock

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2021, 04:28:06 PM »
Resurrecting this because I just nearly put a hole in my Last Resorts after 2 sessions. This shoe is designed with taller foxing specifically to reduce ollie wear, yet could not stand up to my bunk front foot technique when doing ollies.

The little penny sized hole that was forming amidst a sea of fresh, untouched premium suede sent me over the edge and made me realize that there's probably something I'm doing wrong. My foot does have a small protrusion in said spot like OP, but not a big gnarly bunion. This makes me think that something is up with my ollies.

For now, I've had to cover the area on my brand new shoes with shoe goo, and I hate it. I really need some of the black shoe goo, that wouldn't look so bad on these black suede shoes at least.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

2pushSetUp

• Rep: 4
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2021, 06:52:36 AM »
I take out whatever insole is provided in the shoe and put a super thin one in. That way my foot is lower in the shoe.

I mainly skate vans, so it means the dura cap is wrapped around the side of my foot rather than the suede.

Shoes last longer for me this way and I’ve never got a heel bruise

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2021, 08:03:47 AM »
I had feet like this my whole life and just discovered that I have bunions and not wide feet lol

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -137
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2021, 02:27:13 PM »
either tape up your disgusting toes, buy shoes with rubber ollie guards, or go to a fucking podiatrist
big texas cummer

disclosed

• Rep: 175
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2021, 08:51:41 AM »
Resurrecting this because I just nearly put a hole in my Last Resorts after 2 sessions. This shoe is designed with taller foxing specifically to reduce ollie wear, yet could not stand up to my bunk front foot technique when doing ollies.

The little penny sized hole that was forming amidst a sea of fresh, untouched premium suede sent me over the edge and made me realize that there's probably something I'm doing wrong. My foot does have a small protrusion in said spot like OP, but not a big gnarly bunion. This makes me think that something is up with my ollies.

For now, I've had to cover the area on my brand new shoes with shoe goo, and I hate it. I really need some of the black shoe goo, that wouldn't look so bad on these black suede shoes at least.

kinda similiar, i have the Etnies Marana and those have a extra bit of rubber around the toe cap. and i skated a hole in the suede right above it in only 2 sesions. pached it with some canvas and Shoe Goo and skated another hole next to it a couple weeks later. the whole side is Shoe Goo now.
i have fucked feet aswell and theyre wider than the sole of these shoes (even though i bought them cause they're often recomended for wide feet), so i'm pushing the sides of the shoes out and i keep flicking on the side of the shoe instead of the sole. i have had this once with some DC's too years ago.
i could probably work a bit on how i flick to try and prevent that. but i never had the issues when i was skating wider shoes. i was stuck skating the Etnies Callicuts for a long time. and i know they don't look that good, but i think they look much better than the Faders or anything DVS got to offer. but seems they stopped making Callicuts since nowhere in Europe sells them anymore.
guess its back to Etnies Faders after these, but i'm not looking forward to it.

NoHopeNoHarm

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2021, 02:10:31 PM »

I relate to this like a mf. My last shoes were last resorts and I put an ollie hole in them in 3 sessions while the rubber and the rest of the suede was barely touched. Pisses me off. I just kept re-shoegooing and kept it moving. I don't understand how people evenly wear their shoes down. Like when I see people with wear patterns where you can see where each toe is making contact with the board its like damn that must be nice to have that much control. My only contact point with the board is this one weird spot on the side of my foot lmao. Fuck. No wonder I still suck after like 14 years of skating. I went to a podiatrist too and they refused to operate on my foot so i guess that option's off the table. Just gotta shoe goo after every session or two i guess. A little maintenance every few days isn't so bad I guess

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2021, 05:59:26 PM »
Shoe goo is your friend! Gotten damn good at applying it smoothly. Ive just accepted it at this point, but there are good tips in this thread about adjusting ollie technique. I changed ky mob flip after 12 years of doing em... ollies are up next!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead