Author Topic: New Nyjah Thrasher Cover  (Read 9951 times)

behavioralguide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Nyjah Thrasher Cover
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2020, 12:03:51 AM »

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2020, 12:11:50 AM »
I agree 100% with all the clothes talk, but damn if that doesn't prove that how much this message board is just a discussion of men playing dress-up at the end of the day.

This is a fucking gnarly photo and a good cover but you would never know it because of some athleisure wear with a Garret Hill touch. Pretty conservative fit by Nyjah's standards

I agree miss me with that fashionista bullshit, if I wanted to talk about fashion I'd post on the Vogue forums or some shit. This is a dope trick. I agree that the photo is a bit generic though.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 12:15:21 AM by swordtechnique »

Nicki

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2020, 12:15:07 AM »

Now that’s a cover!!🔥🔥🔥 (and a much better picture)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2020, 12:20:26 AM »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Zephyr-Cum

• Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2020, 01:01:08 AM »

Heath.

Could someone turn this into a Thrasher cover?

Hosoi pulled this kind of shit...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:05:58 AM by Zephyr-Cum »
I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2020, 01:16:16 AM »
the quality (or lack there-off) of that photo perfectly describes the blandness of thrasher for atleast the last 10 years
ohyeahohyeah

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2020, 01:38:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Heath.

I’m sure someone noticed it before, but it’s a first for me...On his tit clock, is the Roman numeral for 4 really IIII ?!?!?!

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2020, 01:45:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Heath.

[close]

I’m sure someone noticed it before, but it’s a first for me...On his tit clock, is the Roman numeral for 4 really IIII ?!?!?!

Do you mean instead of IV? If so, 4 can be written as either IV or IIII. 

I'm sure someone else will know more about this but they must be interchangeable as I've seen old English coins from similar years where one will have IV and the other IIII.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2020, 02:27:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Heath.

[close]

[close]

Do you mean instead of IV? If so, 4 can be written as either IV or IIII. 

I'm sure someone else will know more about this but they must be interchangeable as I've seen old English coins from similar years where one will have IV and the other IIII.

I guess that IIII is the standardized way to write 4 on clocks.  I have learned something new and its source was a Nyjah tattoo and I feel bad about me

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2020, 02:48:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 02:50:48 AM by Mr.Jenkins »

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2020, 05:41:53 AM »
I agree 100% with all the clothes talk, but damn if that doesn't prove that how much this message board is just a discussion of men playing dress-up at the end of the day.

This is a fucking gnarly photo and a good cover but you would never know it because of some athleisure wear with a Garret Hill touch. Pretty conservative fit by Nyjah's standards

I get what your are saying but I feel like half of skating is looking good on a skateboard. Now 90% of that should be about skate style. But that is hard to get across in a photo so you should try not to look like a goofball when shooting photos. Everyone with bad fits deserves some flack. Garret wants his pants back.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2020, 05:49:51 AM »
I saw this and thought it was an old cover. I could have sworn he already did this. His gnarliness just blends together after awhile.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2020, 05:51:51 AM »
Re: obnoxious fits, I'm assuming it's just Nike trying to market a new style that's essentially both a vulgarization and an exaggeration of certain existing trends in streetwear, they're probably pushing to give it early visibility via their riders (see Giraud and Bulard wearing the same type of stuff and also riding for Nike) before dropping lines of those costumes after a new wave of skateboarders catch their first glimpse of the activity on the (canceled?) Olympics where every skate superhero of theirs will be dressed like this or some shit.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Who Cares
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2020, 06:00:43 AM »
Re: obnoxious fits, I'm assuming it's just Nike trying to market a new style that's essentially both a vulgarization and an exaggeration of certain existing trends in streetwear, they're probably pushing to give it early visibility via their riders (see Giraud and Bulard wearing the same type of stuff and also riding for Nike) before dropping lines of those costumes after a new wave of skateboarders catch their first glimpse of the activity on the (canceled?) Olympics where every skate superhero of theirs will be dressed like this or some shit.

Dime Glory Challenge need to air right before Olympic Skate so kids can see both sides.

thebacker

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2020, 06:15:48 AM »
Atiba can't shoot an interesting photo

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2020, 06:16:58 AM »
I love Nyjah’s skating, big fan. Sick cover.

EastKremer

• Rep: -63
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2020, 06:24:20 AM »
not content to let frenchie have the worst fit on a back tail
Underrated😂

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2020, 06:32:47 AM »
i dont mind nyjah and dont get mad at him for not following slaps 2020 guidelines for menswear but this photo does nothing and seems like a warm up for the redbull that is nyjah

ha.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2020, 06:38:23 AM »
How is a backtail a long handrail not gnarly? Have any of you fully committed to a bsts on a ledge and completely ate shit falling backwards. Now imagine sticking and falling backwards down this. The photo may look boring but the trick isn't easy.

The el toro one was also gnarly but was kind of under the radar as it was TWS with an unknown/ unpopular skater

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Who Cares
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2020, 06:48:21 AM »
How is a backtail a long handrail not gnarly? Have any of you fully committed to a bsts on a ledge and completely ate shit falling backwards. Now imagine sticking and falling backwards down this. The photo may look boring but the trick isn't easy.

The el toro one was also gnarly but was kind of under the radar as it was TWS with an unknown/ unpopular skater

I don't think anyone is dissing the trick. This is just not a cover photo, maaaybe a contents page if that. If Noseblunt Clipper didn't make the cover, there is not way this should have. I feel like Burnett just threw Atiba a bone.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2020, 07:20:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m guessing this was a planned cover to coincide with his new shoe release and this was just the best they could do with the current global situation.
[close]

Lol as if this bs tail isn't gnarly regardless of pandemic/fit/nyjah etc
[close]

i'm not disparaging the trick, there's just something so safe and bland about the composition (including his navy on navyness that Nyjah gets lost in) that dulls the impact of the trick and makes it feel like a cast-off photo a wheel company would be forced to use.

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2020, 07:42:42 AM »
who cares the euro ginger did it down el toro in an even worse outfit and bifocals

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2020, 08:41:23 AM »

I sensed this also. Skate performance clothing is going to be made and Nike seems to be on the forefront of development because that’s what they do as a major brand with resources that makes clothing for every “sport”. I have a feeling people would dig this fit more if those pants were baggy palace type swishy pants.

Gear has always been important in skateboarding. Part of a skaters style. So many elements to style tho.

nothing's been the since same

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2020, 09:07:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I sensed this also. Skate performance clothing is going to be made and Nike seems to be on the forefront of development because that’s what they do as a major brand with resources that makes clothing for every “sport”. I have a feeling people would dig this fit more if those pants were baggy palace type swishy pants.

Gear has always been important in skateboarding. Part of a skaters style. So many elements to style tho.
  Whoever can call it "skate performance gear" if they want -fair enough, but in reality it'll be a load of shit.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Who Cares
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2020, 09:23:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
  Whoever can call it "skate performance gear" if they want -fair enough, but in reality it'll be a load of shit.

FP already made jeans with hip pads. Nike is behind the times.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2020, 09:24:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Thrasher should start doing a swimsuit issue.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2020, 10:06:46 AM »

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2020, 10:43:54 AM »
who cares the euro ginger did it down el toro in an even worse outfit and bifocals

Honestly that trick wouldve produced a 100x more interesting photo

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2020, 11:13:28 AM »
pretty meh ...my favorite rail cover

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 424
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2020, 11:29:49 AM »
What was the last exciting photo Atiba shot?
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood