Author Topic: Best ever Australian skateboarder  (Read 10411 times)

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Best ever Australian skateboarder
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2020, 06:56:43 PM »
The little coke bloated drunk boozy degenerate gambler one?
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2020, 07:07:36 PM »
Gang

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2020, 05:20:16 AM »

Haha they sound like fun
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

V.I. Lenin

• Rep: -12
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2020, 12:55:54 PM »
Lewis Marnell ride in paradise

chrisskates808

« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2020, 11:52:04 PM »
Josh Pall and Chase Jaeger

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2020, 12:31:38 AM »
Tas pappas or Jake duncombe?

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2020, 05:49:16 PM »
i was under the impression AP was living in QLD somewhere still, sunny coast maybe. he did that "duty now!" distribution thing with andy mackenzie but it didn't really go that well.

i have an unpopular opinion - i don't enjoy chima's skating that much. obviously he is a talented skater with great switch back tails. he doesn't excite me and seems to have enjoyed a very secure, almost instant legend status and international acclaim. i think there are plenty of dudes both australian and non-australian who are a hell of a lot more interesting to watch and seem like much more interesting people. is he anyone's favourite skater?

don't hate him, don't think he can't skate, just surprised he's as popular as he is and looks to be sorted for life as a skateboarder.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

TequilONeil

« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2020, 06:30:09 PM »
My personal favorite is either Callum Paul or Dean Palmer
Yeah Dean Palmer for me. Check this one out, always loved the vibe

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2020, 12:30:26 AM »
i was under the impression AP was living in QLD somewhere still, sunny coast maybe. he did that "duty now!" distribution thing with andy mackenzie but it didn't really go that well.

i have an unpopular opinion - i don't enjoy chima's skating that much. obviously he is a talented skater with great switch back tails. he doesn't excite me and seems to have enjoyed a very secure, almost instant legend status and international acclaim. i think there are plenty of dudes both australian and non-australian who are a hell of a lot more interesting to watch and seem like much more interesting people. is he anyone's favourite skater?

don't hate him, don't think he can't skate, just surprised he's as popular as he is and looks to be sorted for life as a skateboarder.

Instant legend status? Dude has been around 20 odd years and has consistently put out awesome footage throughout his career. His parts are always a good mix of tech and gnar and all have had good tunes.

I wouldn't say he's my favourite skater but he is one of 3 or 4 skaters whose personal Instagram's I follow.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

bob george

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2020, 03:10:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Instant legend status? Dude has been around 20 odd years and has consistently put out awesome footage throughout his career. His parts are always a good mix of tech and gnar and all have had good tunes.

I wouldn't say he's my favourite skater but he is one of 3 or 4 skaters whose personal Instagram's I follow.

I know he's been around forever, I was excited by him when he was 11 and on juice haha. You're not at all wrong in anything you're saying (which you already know). I guess he just slotted in to the US scene swiftly when he did is all I mean and has kind of seemed pretty reputable always in the eyes of skateboarding. He's not the busiest, most in your face skater that's in everything all the time and he never really was. Just seems like a nice ride for an Australian dude that didn't have to be a Dustin character or Shane O'Neil freak.

As I said, don't hate him, am well aware that he rips (hard too!...but so do lots of people). Just not that excited by him. Shit reply on my behalf but i'm quite stoned.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2020, 05:35:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I know he's been around forever, I was excited by him when he was 11 and on juice haha. You're not at all wrong in anything you're saying (which you already know). I guess he just slotted in to the US scene swiftly when he did is all I mean and has kind of seemed pretty reputable always in the eyes of skateboarding. He's not the busiest, most in your face skater that's in everything all the time and he never really was. Just seems like a nice ride for an Australian dude that didn't have to be a Dustin character or Shane O'Neil freak.

As I said, don't hate him, am well aware that he rips (hard too!...but so do lots of people). Just not that excited by him. Shit reply on my behalf but i'm quite stoned.

Nah I get where you're coming from. There's no real gimmick or personality cult
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2020, 06:20:31 AM »

http://www.xgames.com/action/skateboarding/article/8002157/alan-petersen-returns-odyssey-oz

Jewlien Burford

« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2020, 06:37:21 AM »

juras

« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2020, 09:58:09 AM »
Mumford, Dollin, Duncombe

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -300
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2020, 09:19:15 PM »
Shane was really special. RIP

GnomeServant

• Rep: 2
  • shut up nerd
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2020, 04:06:00 PM »
Is nobody going to bring up the legend Brent Askwith? (Baskwith)

This part is actually decent but his youtube presence is definitely something to check out.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2020, 05:50:56 PM »
I don't have a video to link, I'm sure there's something out there to help make the point...but Adam Dawes was/is a pretty mindblowing Australian skater.

Sucks that our skaters generally don't make it and become fisherman or weird golf enthusiasts...

JPeterman

• Rep: 4
  • It'll always be Myanmar to me
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2020, 07:52:35 PM »
Should this just turn into an Aussie skater appreciation thread? Because Rob Kenworthy used to kill Sydney

DCOTY

• Rep: 5
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2020, 10:08:10 PM »
Is nobody going to bring up the legend Brent Askwith? (Baskwith)

This part is actually decent but his youtube presence is definitely something to check out.

SHALOM

shutdowns_ghost

• Rep: -1
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2020, 01:14:32 AM »
While we are repping Australian skaters i'd like to put a shout out to the Newcastle scene. For a smallish town a few hours north of Sydney it produced a tonne of rippers over the years. Heres a newly edited montage of the crew we filmed back in the day. Including the likes of Ian Gray, Darrell Goodwin, Russell Grundy, Damon Baker and more.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2020, 01:42:57 AM »
While we are repping Australian skaters i'd like to put a shout out to the Newcastle scene. For a smallish town a few hours north of Sydney it produced a tonne of rippers over the years. Heres a newly edited montage of the crew we filmed back in the day. Including the likes of Ian Gray, Darrell Goodwin, Russell Grundy, Damon Baker and more.

Fuck me the return of Shutdown! I knew there was something missing from slap
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

sKINGraft

• Rep: 28
  • space doo-doo pistols
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2020, 10:59:13 PM »
Always thought this guy was way to underrated

spent a few days skating barca with this dude, really nice guy and he fuckin rips

AssMountain

• Rep: 30
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2020, 02:45:36 AM »

What became of Jack Crook? I used to love watching this part when I was younger and seeing spots I skated all the time get absolutely murdered.

Once I was alone I just laid on the futon listening to Leonard Cohen and thinking about the other girl I liked and missed.

Windsor Knot

• Rep: -114
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2020, 03:21:13 AM »
I love Gabriel's Summers. He's just got such an underdog vibe I just back him so much

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2020, 04:58:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fuck me the return of Shutdown! I knew there was something missing from slap

Hahahhahahah!
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 599
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2020, 05:56:23 AM »
He's not the best yet but i have a feeling it's going to be Jack O'Grady

bob george

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2020, 05:43:24 PM »
a little on the antithesis side of "best ever australian skaterboarder" but where else are you gonna say these things...

how did chad bartie get so big when no one ever has anything good to say? surely your dad owning a shop or whatever isn't THAT helpful. you could still buy his pro wheel only a few years ago.

how come jack fardell is still like a pro skater with sponsors?

australian skate media has been very kind to QLD skaters. i guess that is/was slam's headquarters. i'm thinking pat dandy, pee wee, jessee noonan, bugs fardell etc. all ok skaters (kind of) but really, not even moderately close to being pro skaters. i realise none of these guys have "made it" but fuck they've taken up space in the landscape of oz skating.

love seeing all those kids that skate for nike. those videos the last few years have been proper. it's about time!

hadouken

• Rep: 54
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2020, 08:24:47 PM »
Good to see some of the not so usual suspects mentioned in this thread. Jaff! Dave! Wade!

My head says Zigram is the best ever. He's killed it forever, even when he was little nugget, everyone knew he was special. And to find out he had a sketchy home life makes his rise even more impressive.

Meanwhile my heart says Buzza... the most talented skateboarder I ever saw in person. Bonus points for being such a dropkick - including the tales of robbing sponsors and getting into fistfights with The Muska while in the US to pick up sponsors.
&& lives to fuck the tits off new mums

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2020, 10:44:19 PM »

What became of Jack Crook? I used to love watching this part when I was younger and seeing spots I skated all the time get absolutely murdered.

Jack plays in bands and works. Think he still skates a bit. Was always a natural on a skateboard and a really down to earth guy.

Here's a not so serious part of him from a local vid we made

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

matta

• Rep: 26