Author Topic: Best ever Australian skateboarder  (Read 6010 times)

theSketchLord

• Rep: 20
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Best ever Australian skateboarder
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2020, 08:42:24 AM »

Santo Cilauro at 1.38.

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2020, 04:43:27 PM »
a little on the antithesis side of "best ever australian skaterboarder" but where else are you gonna say these things...

how did chad bartie get so big when no one ever has anything good to say? surely your dad owning a shop or whatever isn't THAT helpful. you could still buy his pro wheel only a few years ago.

how come jack fardell is still like a pro skater with sponsors?

australian skate media has been very kind to QLD skaters. i guess that is/was slam's headquarters. i'm thinking pat dandy, pee wee, jessee noonan, bugs fardell etc. all ok skaters (kind of) but really, not even moderately close to being pro skaters. i realise none of these guys have "made it" but fuck they've taken up space in the landscape of oz skating.

love seeing all those kids that skate for nike. those videos the last few years have been proper. it's about time!

I don't mind Chad's skating, he was definitely good for his time.

Hard to say with Jack though, I would think it due to similar reasons skaters who have a similar amount of footage like Tommy Flynn and Chima Ferguson remain pro . On a side note, I actually feel like his skating used to be a lot more technical (and dare I say fun to watch) before moving to QLD and focusing more on transition, watching this part makes me wish he focused more on street skating -

crustynosepick

• Rep: -49
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2020, 06:09:12 PM »
Thought Appleyard was australian for a good five years.

Benchpress

• Rep: 3
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2020, 08:57:26 PM »
Although not the best ever, Karl Truell was highly slept on. His part in the PD Dist "5 years at the bottom" video was off the hook.

matty_c

• Rep: 30
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2020, 05:32:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
While we are repping Australian skaters i'd like to put a shout out to the Newcastle scene. For a smallish town a few hours north of Sydney it produced a tonne of rippers over the years. Heres a newly edited montage of the crew we filmed back in the day. Including the likes of Ian Gray, Darrell Goodwin, Russell Grundy, Damon Baker and more.

[close]

Fuck me the return of Shutdown! I knew there was something missing from slap
[close]

Hahahhahahah!

No fucken way. I saw shubba in the video frame and I just fucken knew

DiggyDon

• Rep: 4
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2020, 01:34:18 AM »
Expand Quote

What became of Jack Crook? I used to love watching this part when I was younger and seeing spots I skated all the time get absolutely murdered.
[close]

Jack plays in bands and works. Think he still skates a bit. Was always a natural on a skateboard and a really down to earth guy.

Here's a not so serious part of him from a local vid we made

Damn, never thought Id see Bendigo on slap.
Rad video btw, I revisit that whole vid every so often to get hyped to skate some OG spots

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
    • My Photos
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2020, 01:38:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What became of Jack Crook? I used to love watching this part when I was younger and seeing spots I skated all the time get absolutely murdered.
[close]

Jack plays in bands and works. Think he still skates a bit. Was always a natural on a skateboard and a really down to earth guy.

[close]

Rad video btw, I revisit that whole vid every so often to get hyped to skate some OG spots

Yo! Who are ya?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

DiggyDon

• Rep: 4
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2020, 01:47:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yo! Who are ya?

Just PMed you

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2020, 01:48:57 AM »
Although not the best ever, Karl Truell was highly slept on. His part in the PD Dist "5 years at the bottom" video was off the hook.

isn't he a kiwi?

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2020, 07:03:32 AM »
RIPPING in this.

Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -38
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2020, 08:00:41 AM »
Dane Burman. Didn't he win Aussie SOTY a few times?

Benchpress

• Rep: 3
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2020, 05:18:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

isn't he a kiwi?

Further research says he is a kiwi, haha. My bad! Still a shredder. BS smith at Martin Place was off the chain.