Author Topic: Mark Appleyard Thinks Corona Virus Has Been Orchestrated - Discuss  (Read 23310 times)

links, pics, and quotes

48:00

It's fake news man!

HORSES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
Re: Mark Appleyard Thinks Corona Virus Has Been Orchestrated - Discuss
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 02:46:14 AM »
He talks about watching David Icke. Oh Mark, you absolutely pillock. Keep cashing those Globe checks and convince yourself you've had a great career when in reality you haven't put out anything of substance since 2003, and for 75% of your career you've become the Nollie Biggerspin guy in Globes.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 03:03:37 AM »
He talks about watching David Icke. Oh Mark, you absolutely pillock. Keep cashing those Globe checks and convince yourself you've had a great career when in reality you haven't put out anything of substance since 2003, and for 75% of your career you've become the Nollie Biggerspin guy in Globes.

Skateboarding is a great case study of "don't meet your heroes".
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 03:09:44 AM »
Another conspiracy kook.  Can we elevate Apples to full kook status, now?
I mean, riding for Globe is strike fucking one. And two.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

bugtown

• Rep: 47
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 03:16:27 AM »
You'd want to be really brain dead to believe any of David Icke's fantasies

Have seen two acquaintances come out of the woodwork as QAnon conspiracists throughout the lockdown. I feel this current situation of unprecedented chaos has allowed people to latch onto answers that give a particular outlet to blame (be it "Globalists", Bill Gates, The Clintons, George Soros or the NWO). It's almost like finding a spiritual belief because the only alternative is too existential and fills you with dread.

The problem here is that to truly believe these conspiracies you have to position your mind in a place that rejects science and true information. We can see Appleyard is here as he starts to go off on the "mainstream media". People are clearly confused between proper reporting and the clickbait stuff they unfortunately have to resort to in order to fund themselves.

Big shout out to CRob's incredible idea of a 100% true and researched news source. Surprised no one has thought of this yet.

The worst part of this rejection of information is what they replace it with: A guy on youtube with a freestanding mic and green screen is not a journalist. That anecdotal story in a facebook post being shared is not a fact-checked piece of information. Those fringe news sites funded by far right radicals are certainly not sources of bias-free information.

This leaves people extremely vulnerable to malicious brainwashing - for example the QAnon stuff that is clearly laced with some kind of violent civil war call to arms.

edit: realised I wrote Rob instead of CRob...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 04:07:16 AM by bugtown »

Badatskating

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 03:24:56 AM »
He seems kind of bummed the whole time. I feel a little bad.

You’re a legend, Mark!

V.I. Lenin

• Rep: -12
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 03:26:28 AM »
Why he has green screen?

Badatskating

• Rep: -2
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 03:27:25 AM »
Why he has green screen?

It is fiction and falsehood.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 03:56:46 AM »

Have seen two acquaintances come out of the woodwork as QAnon conspiracists throughout the lockdown. I feel this current situation of unprecedented chaos has allowed people to latch onto answers that give a particular outlet to blame (be it "Globalists", Bill Gates, The Clintons, George Soros or the NWO). It's almost like finding a spiritual belief because the only alternative is too existential and fills you with dread.

The problem here is that to truly believe these conspiracies you have to position your mind in a place that rejects science and true information. We can see Appleyard is here as he starts to go off on the "mainstream media". People are clearly confused between proper reporting and the clickbait stuff they unfortunately have to resort to in order to fund themselves.

Big shout out to Rob's incredible idea of a 100% true and researched news source. Surprised no one has thought of this yet.

The worst part of this rejection of information is what they replace it with: A guy on youtube with a freestanding mic and green screen is not a journalist. That anecdotal story in a facebook post being shared is not a fact-checked piece of information. Those fringe news sites funded by far right radicals are certainly not sources of bias-free information.

This leaves people extremely vulnerable to malicious brainwashing - for example the QAnon stuff that is clearly laced with some kind of violent civil war call to arms.

even funnier is the theorists who think they're so woke, open minded and free thinking yet all their theories/information/etc is always in the form of some image from social media that they then regurgitate onto whatever platforms they use.

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 04:05:17 AM »
Appleyard is as thick as mince.

Ocelot

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 04:06:27 AM »
this place deserves to be canceled

it's just getting really pathetic

EastKremer

• Rep: -63
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 04:08:45 AM »
Damn... I used to respect him

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 04:17:21 AM »
He's like these dudes who say "I've done my research maaaaannn!".

Have you read any peer reviewed studies? Ehhhh, no just a load of articles that popped up on facebook...

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -77
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 04:18:14 AM »
this place deserves to be canceled

it's just getting really pathetic
lol cry about it

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 04:22:27 AM »
Another one for the cancel list.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 04:26:19 AM »
No one ever expected pro skateboarders to be geniuses but god fuckin damn social media is pullin morons out of the woodworks on the daily now. It's so bumming to see people you used to respect turning out to be that childhood friend at a party who never amounted to anything and now is spewing out conspiracy theories with dogshit arguments to back them up. I really really, really hope they start teaching research methodology in school from an earlier age, this bullshit won't hold up for future generations with the way information travels now.

Mall Globe shoes, Element riding ass

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 04:26:52 AM »
No we can’t. Dudes a legend who cares that he has an opinion. Not harming anybody.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 04:29:28 AM »
appleyard is a legend on the skateboard, he dropped out of high school to pursue his dreams.
that is all.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 04:34:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
No we can’t. Dudes a legend who cares that he has an opinion. Not harming anybody.
  A lot of people here will disagree with this.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2020, 04:59:16 AM »
I think the real danger here, and the exact reason why these fools need to be called out, or schooled, or cancelled or whatever, is that young kids watch the nine club, and when they see a legendary pro backing some grade-A, anti-science, anti-intellectual horse shit, those young kids might not have the experience / intelligence to see that he's a fucking moron.

Anyone with a brain should see that we all benefit from laughing kooks like Appleyard right out of skateboarding, or at leasts ridiculing him until he reads a goddamn book and wisens up.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 05:09:44 AM »
I think the real danger here, and the exact reason why these fools need to be called out, or schooled, or cancelled or whatever, is that young kids watch the nine club, and when they see a legendary pro backing some grade-A, anti-science, anti-intellectual horse shit, those young kids might not have the experience / intelligence to see that he's a fucking moron.

Anyone with a brain should see that we all benefit from laughing kooks like Appleyard right out of skateboarding, or at leasts ridiculing him until he reads a goddamn book and wisens up.
   Basically you believe in the 1st amendment or you don't.    How far do you wanna go with silencing citizens?  I'm not an alt righter btw.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 05:13:16 AM »

Big shout out to CRob's incredible idea of a 100% true and researched news source. Surprised no one has thought of this yet.

I agree one hundred percent. Conspiracy theories offer the easiest explanations. The Reality in this whole thing is that most politicians and experts are just winging it. Trying to make sense of a complex situation. Even the knowledge of the scientist is super unstable in this situation.

Even people like Joe Rogan who have publicly sworn off conspiracy theories go on complaining like kids how they are being misled and manipulated by politicians. I think in a more honest world politicians would be able to to openly talk about how little they know and how complex the whole situation is.

It is no coincidence these fairytale movies about super hero’s are so successful in the US.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 05:20:49 AM »

I like how you threw alt right in there. As if leftists news sources aren't biased. The mainstream media does lie like hell and that's the problem. When the people you're supposed to trust as real journalists seem to have an agenda to push you look elsewhere for the truth. Sadly that ends up leading people to believe reptilian shapeshifter humanoids walk among us.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 05:22:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
  A lot of people here will disagree with this.

His opinion, great skateboarder and a person .
9/11 was a national tragedy

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 05:23:22 AM »
Another one for the cancel list.

Why don’t you sharpen that little chef knife and cancel yourself kook
9/11 was a national tragedy

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 05:45:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I like how you threw alt right in there. As if leftists news sources aren't biased. The mainstream media does lie like hell and that's the problem. When the people you're supposed to trust as real journalists seem to have an agenda to push you look elsewhere for the truth. Sadly that ends up leading people to believe reptilian shapeshifter humanoids walk among us.

What news sources would you identify as leftist?

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2020, 05:46:30 AM »
is he getting cancelled for this or for his liberal use of the F word in his flip days?

ha.

Spacetravelisboring

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2020, 05:47:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What news sources would you identify as leftist?

Probably cnn. And anyone else who just dedicates themselves to bringing down Trump. I don't know who's worse the people who dick ride Trump or the people cry about him 24/7.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 06:04:41 AM by Spacetravelisboring »

Spacetravelisboring

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2020, 05:55:09 AM »
is he getting cancelled for this or for his liberal use of the F word in his flip days?

ha.

You're gonna rile up the beehive with that one.

anal drill

• Rep: -16
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2020, 06:00:53 AM »

So what if riding for globe? It's not cool brand like nike, adidas or cons?