Author Topic: What the fuck is going on at DLX?  (Read 9448 times)

Johnny Sins

Re: What the fuck is going on at DLX?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2020, 03:14:49 PM »
Todd Francis is kinda funny and all, but Jesus fucking Christ Anti Hero needs to bring back their early 2000s shitty but not shitty graphics.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2020, 04:38:33 PM »
money momentum

even the steven

Frank and Fred

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2020, 05:42:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Would love a Grosso Plastics board... MFers bought those up quick and flipped them on Ebay. I hope this video means they are still in production and heading to skate shop shelves....
[close]
Look at the hashtags on Instagram. A lot of shops don’t have a huge online presence but might have that deck.
I remember snatching one up at the first shop to post it just because I knew the flippers would be on top of that one. If I come across another one I’ll hit you up

Cheers, Mate!

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2020, 06:50:37 PM »
I just scored trucks. Looked like my shop had venture raws is all sizes.

Idk if anyone is looking still
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

David Lee Sloth

• Rep: -77
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2020, 11:22:30 PM »
Expand Quote
This post might have outdated it self, as I have just seen AH, Krooked and Real completes just show up on Socalskateshop; but seriously, I have not seen a drop from DLX in a couple of months. Covid/trade issues? Fuck, I've seen a bunch of Creature decks lately- They're made in China, DLX is manufactured in Mexico, correct?
[close]

Yeah fuck DLX for caring about the health of their employees!!! We want our wooden toys NOW!!!!

It was a simple question. Not casting blame or hate on anyone. Run with it dude

David Lee Sloth

• Rep: -77
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2020, 11:25:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are all deluxe boards generally the same in terms of quality? Leaving out any price point or premium ones they offer, of course. The last deluxe board I had was a real, it felt awesome but I snapped it on the second sesh. I never snap boards early like that, so it kinda made me wonder. I usually skate boards made by drifter mfg. They don't feel quite as nice, but I never break them that early.
[close]
I skate Krooked boards religiously and 10 years ago I skated nothing but Anti Hero. They all worked fine. I’ve had maybe 4 REAL boards and have either cracked , or chipped each of them during the first day. I have no idea how that works.
[close]

I've had the same experience. Anti Hero - Great, Krooked - Great, Real - Ehh
[close]

It’s interesting you say that, literally the only Real board I’ve ever had snapped after a friend tried one treflip. We were both baffled.

The main thing I've noticed is they chip weird, like from the middle plys. Seems to keep the pop but start chunking out. Super Glue fixes this problem.

Kaiju Foster

• Rep: 18
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2020, 06:32:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are all deluxe boards generally the same in terms of quality? Leaving out any price point or premium ones they offer, of course. The last deluxe board I had was a real, it felt awesome but I snapped it on the second sesh. I never snap boards early like that, so it kinda made me wonder. I usually skate boards made by drifter mfg. They don't feel quite as nice, but I never break them that early.
[close]
I skate Krooked boards religiously and 10 years ago I skated nothing but Anti Hero. They all worked fine. I’ve had maybe 4 REAL boards and have either cracked , or chipped each of them during the first day. I have no idea how that works.
[close]

[close]

It’s interesting you say that, literally the only Real board I’ve ever had snapped after a friend tried one treflip. We were both baffled.
[close]

The main thing I've noticed is they chip weird, like from the middle plys. Seems to keep the pop but start chunking out. Super Glue fixes this problem.

Was heavily considering copping a REAL deck at some point for the sake of shaking up the usual setup/showing Mason some love, but I think you guys saved me a ton of trouble. I've always fucked with DLX brands, never had any problems with any of my Creature or AH boards, but never pulled the trigger on REAL, guess I'll be continuing that trend moving forward.

Also, for the sake of conversation, what's the consensus on twin tail boards? The concept has always interested me, just seems like a bit of an adjustment period could be involved. Anybody try one for themselves who could offer their two cents?

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Rep: 39
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2020, 06:35:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Was heavily considering copping a REAL deck at some point for the sake of shaking up the usual setup/showing Mason some love, but I think you guys saved me a ton of trouble. I've always fucked with DLX brands, never had any problems with any of my Creature or AH boards, but never pulled the trigger on REAL, guess I'll be continuing that trend moving forward.

Also, for the sake of conversation, what's the consensus on twin tail boards? The concept has always interested me, just seems like a bit of an adjustment period could be involved. Anybody try one for themselves who could offer their two cents?

creature isnt dlx
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2020, 06:40:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

used to be an ass guy until i tried double the tail. sad to say it was too much for me to handle
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2020, 06:47:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just for your general knowledge going forward, Creature is NHS. I had the Ishod 8.3 twin tail and I set it up with new trucks. I didn't care for it. There wasn't anything inherently wrong with it, I just didn't care for the shape. I skated it almost every day for 2 or three weeks so I feel like I gave it a real chance. Ended up giving it to my friend and he loved it. 

Kaiju Foster

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2020, 07:08:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just for your general knowledge going forward, Creature is NHS. I had the Ishod 8.3 twin tail and I set it up with new trucks. I didn't care for it. There wasn't anything inherently wrong with it, I just didn't care for the shape. I skated it almost every day for 2 or three weeks so I feel like I gave it a real chance. Ended up giving it to my friend and he loved it.

Thank you for the correction, and thanks for the input as well. Not above admitting when I look like a chump, I don't know what drove me to believe Creature was DLX or why I didn't take a second to just double-check for myself; my earnest apologies, boys. As far as twin tail boards, though, it really seems as if there's a real 50/50 general consensus about them; either you're with it or you're not. I'll probably just pass for now, though, until I can actually feel one out for myself.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2020, 07:12:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thank you for the correction, and thanks for the input as well. Not above admitting when I look like a chump, I don't know what drove me to believe Creature was DLX or why I didn't take a second to just double-check for myself; my earnest apologies, boys. As far as twin tail boards, though, it really seems as if there's a real 50/50 general consensus about them; either you're with it or you're not. I'll probably just pass for now, though, until I can actually feel one out for myself.

No problem at all, it's a lot to keep track of all this shit lol. I'm just happy to see a new account here that actually wants to talk about skate stuff.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2020, 07:15:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

From my experience, Real Twin Tail are Twin Nose (angles and lengths).
shitty experience with the one i skated.
It just felt off

IpathCats

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2020, 07:21:17 AM »
Guess I'll get it straight and ride a krooked

Kaiju Foster

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2020, 07:27:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No problem at all, it's a lot to keep track of all this shit lol. I'm just happy to see a new account here that actually wants to talk about skate stuff.

Definitely, I think we all like chiming in on the latest skateboarding dumpster fire and having a laugh, of course, but talking/learning more about skating is what made me stop lurking and finally make an account. Either way, just glad to be here guys, SHALOM.

Kaiju Foster

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2020, 07:34:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

From my experience, Real Twin Tail are Twin Nose (angles and lengths).
shitty experience with the one i skated.
It just felt off

Yeah, something about the shape, even just by looking at it, seemed a bit strange; another reason I've been apprehensive.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2020, 07:46:19 AM »
Guess I'll get it straight and ride a krooked

I could see you on Krooked