Author Topic: Snowboarding is Gay  (Read 7319 times)

ZachV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
Re: Snowboarding is Gay
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2020, 06:55:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Glad to hear this is happening.

As for snowboarding and wooden toys, the funnest time I’ve ever had going sideways is on a handmade pow surfer.

5 ply blank someone I know presses, and I cut it out, shape it, sand it, paint it, and put a bit of traction on it (I’ve found that strips of old mountain bike tire works best).

Hike up a snowy hill and surf it. Nothing else I’ve done comes close to the fun.

Guys are starting to get technical on them, doing steep stuff and kick flipping them too.
[close]

Im confused, are you talking about snow skating? If so then they are doing a lot more than kickflipping them. There have been more than a decade of quality snow skating vids made with shit like flip to rail tech, tre flipping 10 stairs covered in snow and all that shiz.
[close]

Not quite, I’m talking about these powder toys.

https://youtu.be/1Nhcy5rrp3E
[close]

Ahh k, learn something every day. So this is the 'longboarder' version of snow skating huh.
[close]

That’s kinda what I was thinking.
[close]

Not even close. This is a throwback to the origins of snowboarding.

It is surfing. And it can be as easy or gnarly as you like. I’ve snowboarded for 30 seasons and  snowskated since 2000, but pow surfing is way, way beyond either in terms of fun.

This is from a couple seasons back

I’m still trying to understand.

So it’s like snowboarding in the way that u carve down hills and such, but your not attached to your board like snowskating which means there’s the potential to do flip tricks and stuff
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

artskool

• Rep: 30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2020, 07:03:35 AM »
Powsurfing is the most amazing feeling. Anybody brave enough to start a snowboarding related zone on slap? Feels so taboo.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2020, 07:24:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

As for snowboarding and wooden toys, the funnest time I’ve ever had going sideways is on a handmade pow surfer.

5 ply blank someone I know presses, and I cut it out, shape it, sand it, paint it, and put a bit of traction on it (I’ve found that strips of old mountain bike tire works best).

Hike up a snowy hill and surf it. Nothing else I’ve done comes close to the fun.

Guys are starting to get technical on them, doing steep stuff and kick flipping them too.
[close]

Im confused, are you talking about snow skating? If so then they are doing a lot more than kickflipping them. There have been more than a decade of quality snow skating vids made with shit like flip to rail tech, tre flipping 10 stairs covered in snow and all that shiz.
[close]

[close]

Ahh k, learn something every day. So this is the 'longboarder' version of snow skating huh.
[close]

[close]

It is surfing. And it can be as easy or gnarly as you like. I’ve snowboarded for 30 seasons and  snowskated since 2000, but pow surfing is way, way beyond either in terms of fun.

[close]

So it’s like snowboarding in the way that u carve down hills and such, but your not attached to your board like snowskating which means there’s the potential to do flip tricks and stuff

It’s closest to surfing. Possible to flip and shuvit on some shorter boards, charge bigger stuff on bigger boards.

Here’s me eating shit on a shuvit, and then trying to survive on boner-deep snow on crust

https://www.instagram.com/p/BejZXPehXcs/?igshid=vtzyg5borcap

Snowskates are neither snowboarding nor skating, they are a weird in between. And while they are plenty fun on a slushy day it’s not as fun as just skating, or as versatile as a snowboard.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 07:29:38 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

ZachV

• Rep: -9
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2020, 08:34:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s closest to surfing. Possible to flip and shuvit on some shorter boards, charge bigger stuff on bigger boards.

Here’s me eating shit on a shuvit, and then trying to survive on boner-deep snow on crust

https://www.instagram.com/p/BejZXPehXcs/?igshid=vtzyg5borcap

Snowskates are neither snowboarding nor skating, they are a weird in between. And while they are plenty fun on a slushy day it’s not as fun as just skating, or as versatile as a snowboard.

Aight I think I understand now, thanks for enlightening me about pow surfing.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ