Author Topic: Well known skate photographer allegedly raped underage girl  (Read 20929 times)

Billy Bitchcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Re: Well known skate photographer allegedly raped underage girl
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2021, 08:22:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Maybe the victims should go to the police instead of people on social media?
[close]
Cops aren't known for handling cases of rape promptly or treating the victims well. A ridiculous number of sexual assaults aren't investigated or litigated, this way people can be aware to steer clear of a rapist.
[close]

Lol... pretty wrong on all points

It's actually completely right
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 661
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2021, 08:29:22 PM »

I’m kind of sick of cancel culture...I don’t think people should be cancelled and doomed to eternal unemployment because they fucked up 20 years ago. It’s always young people calling to cancel older people, but they have no idea how much a person can change with age because it hasn’t happened to them yet.

Or why does the guy get called a rapist when the girl regrets what she’s done and decides to tell the world? (Not referring to the screenshots, this is just a recurring theme I’ve seen).

This whole thread is shit, but this kooky fucking libertarian bullshit here is beyond the pale.

So, fucking sick of these arguments that pretend to be about the process of accountability. Just fucking be honest, you don't want accountability, period. You want to protect the dudes, because you simply don't believe the women didn't deserve it. It's not the process, it is the accountability that upsets you.

If it is formally handled by the police, "the women are lying and regret their decision of having sex"; if the free market handles it is "cancel culture" not the invisible hand filtering out bad actors. What other fucking option to you propose? The dad, brother, uncle, cousin, etc. honor killing the woman for being sullied by the act of sex?

Honestly, no one is impressed by your half baked "libertarian" viewpoint, which like most libertarians isn't hoping for a lack of government regulation in economic and social life but is all about preserving the status quo and advocating responsibility for some (and not others). 

This kooky Rand Paul bullshit drives me bonkers. It is this intense promotion of the stupidest ideas wrapped in a thick blanket of dunning-kruger arrogance.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 08:46:46 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2021, 08:49:35 PM »
Expand Quote

I’m kind of sick of cancel culture...I don’t think people should be cancelled and doomed to eternal unemployment because they fucked up 20 years ago. It’s always young people calling to cancel older people, but they have no idea how much a person can change with age because it hasn’t happened to them yet.

Or why does the guy get called a rapist when the girl regrets what she’s done and decides to tell the world? (Not referring to the screenshots, this is just a recurring theme I’ve seen).
[close]

This whole thread is shit, but this kooky fucking libertarian bullshit here is beyond the pale.

So, fucking sick of people like you pretending you give a fuck about the process of accountability. Just fucking be honest, you don't want accountability, period. You want to protect the dudes, because you simply don't believe the women didn't deserve it. It's not the process, it is the accountability that upsets you.

If it is formally handled by the police, "the women are lying and regret their decision of having sex"; if the free market handles it is "cancel culture" not the invisible hand filtering out bad actors. What other fucking option to you propose? The dad, brother, uncle, cousin, etc. honor killing the woman for being a whore?

Based on your stupid ass logic of telling women to be more responsible by hanging out with better men and coupling that with your belief women lie about regretting sex, why not blame the men for taking the risk of having sex with risky women in risky situations who were bound to falsely accuse of rape (as rape doesn't exist but false accusations occur every 10 seconds in your world)? I mean, they should hang out with better women, right? If they hung out with better women this wouldn't happen, right? If anyone is falsely accused of rape it is their fault for having sex in a situation that could lead to these accusations.

Honestly, shut the fuck up dude. No one is impressed by your half baked "libertarian" viewpoint, which like most libertarians isn't hoping for a lack of government regulation in economic and social life but is all about preserving the status quo and advocating responsibility for some (and not others). 

This kooky Rand Paul bullshit here.
Can I get an Amen over here already?!?
Thank you Lurp, and everybody else that refuses to give a pass to the kind of shit rationale seen above.
@jaydella is NOT making no Donuts, he’s screwing the sprinkles out of them, and now we can all understand why. Please enjoy the scorn of females everywhere; you’ve certainly earned it.
Zero shalom points.
Also, for those justifiably concerned about innocents being spattered by mud shrapnel from this, fret not: no photographers have been held to account, innocent, guilty, or otherwise, as a result of these vague allegations. Maybe stop wringing your poor little hands over a possible consequence that not only has NOT happened yet, but likely never will. Perhaps you could direct that same nervous energy towards helping the people in your friend circles to not make bad decisions like, I dunno, raping children. Just a thought.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2021, 09:31:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Cops aren't known for handling cases of rape promptly or treating the victims well. A ridiculous number of sexual assaults aren't investigated or litigated, this way people can be aware to steer clear of a rapist.
[close]

[close]

Nah

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2021, 09:36:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah
Sounds like the nice boys in law enforcement are taking this problem vErY sErIoUsLy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/594046/

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Tuff Lover

« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2021, 09:42:49 PM »
Niggas get detained  for fitting a description of rapists

Cops look for us right away.... central park 5

Call the police

Tuff Lover

« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2021, 09:48:47 PM »

Call the police

Really, though it makes no sense to go social media over police... even if one has a break-a -leg connection

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2021, 09:55:05 PM »

Call the police
i don’t know you, so i’m not going to make claims here, despite the fact that this thread is almost entirely dedicated to baseless claims. but, yes, absolutely police try to incarcerate black men for literally anything they can, but police also fully do not care about or handle properly sexual assault cases. quite frankly, if you were concerned about the false imprisonment of minorities you wouldn’t be advocating for the involvement of police

darkslide2fakie

• Rep: -4
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2021, 10:24:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Guy's a scumbag but people need to teach their daughters that if any guy in his 20 is wants to hang out with you and you are teenager he 100% wants to have sex with you they don't care about your personality they won't don't want to get to know you it's just a fact. I watched a lot of my friends both male and female party their lives away and make the dumbest decisions I don't understand it.
[close]

What part of the word 'rape' makes it seem like a choice to you? Or, by some magical wisdom from a father figure, the act of forcefully having sex with someone (against their will) makes predators disappear?
[close]

The fact that women lie about this shit all the time, not saying men dont lie either before you flip. But I didnt drink at 17 I was taught it wasnt safe and you easily lose control. Never get into situations like this if you are at home with guidance and supervision. Unless your parents are the rapists then that's a whole different shit show.  But I know I'm an outlier about actually teaching your kids real life not just the shitty version society shows you in all pop music, social media, TV etc that overly normalize making shitty decisions like drinking and dressing like prostitutes
[close]
Oh just shut the fuck up. And what, you think this thinly veiled version of “she was asking for it...” is a good lesson to pass on to kids?
[close]

You feminist boys are so defensive. "She was asking for it " isn't the point he's making. The point is teaching them to stay away from sketchy situations to minimize the risk of some asshole pervert taking advantage.

I think by saying “teach them (her) to stay away from sketchy situations (party with drinking) to minimize the risk of “some asshole pervert taking advantage” (LITERALLY RAPE) is saying exactly “it is the victims fault”

Cmon man this is easy

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2021, 10:37:27 PM »
These threads are full of the dumbest fucking takes on a website full of dumb fucking takes. No matter how many stats, stories, and examples are given there’s gonna be some victim blamer or dumb shit who won’t take the 4 minutes to google how often cops disregard victims and how often judges just let the shit go like that shitbag swimmer Brock Hampton or how we have a SCOTUS judge who raped someone or how Cosby and R Kelly still have devout fans. Fuck off

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2021, 11:50:23 PM »
These threads are full of the dumbest fucking takes on a website full of dumb fucking takes. No matter how many stats, stories, and examples are given there’s gonna be some victim blamer or dumb shit who won’t take the 4 minutes to google how often cops disregard victims and how often judges just let the shit go like that shitbag swimmer Brock Hampton or how we have a SCOTUS judge who raped someone or how Cosby and R Kelly still have devout fans. Fuck off
Brock Hampton is a boy band…….
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2021, 02:16:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Brock Turner is who they meant.  Where the phrase “promising young man” gained notoriety. 

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2021, 04:10:53 AM »

Maybe the social media and slap forum bystanders shouldn't make jokes, speculate about names involved, start victim-blaming, or give advice to someone who apparently got raped and has found the energy to reach out?

What.a.shit.show.this.thread.is.

Brguy

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2021, 05:39:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Guy's a scumbag but people need to teach their daughters that if any guy in his 20 is wants to hang out with you and you are teenager he 100% wants to have sex with you they don't care about your personality they won't don't want to get to know you it's just a fact. I watched a lot of my friends both male and female party their lives away and make the dumbest decisions I don't understand it.
[close]

What part of the word 'rape' makes it seem like a choice to you? Or, by some magical wisdom from a father figure, the act of forcefully having sex with someone (against their will) makes predators disappear?
[close]

The fact that women lie about this shit all the time, not saying men dont lie either before you flip. But I didnt drink at 17 I was taught it wasnt safe and you easily lose control. Never get into situations like this if you are at home with guidance and supervision. Unless your parents are the rapists then that's a whole different shit show.  But I know I'm an outlier about actually teaching your kids real life not just the shitty version society shows you in all pop music, social media, TV etc that overly normalize making shitty decisions like drinking and dressing like prostitutes
[close]
Oh just shut the fuck up. And what, you think this thinly veiled version of “she was asking for it...” is a good lesson to pass on to kids?
[close]

You feminist boys are so defensive. "She was asking for it " isn't the point he's making. The point is teaching them to stay away from sketchy situations to minimize the risk of some asshole pervert taking advantage.
[close]

I think by saying “teach them (her) to stay away from sketchy situations (party with drinking) to minimize the risk of “some asshole pervert taking advantage” (LITERALLY RAPE) is saying exactly “it is the victims fault”

Cmon man this is easy
Victim blaming might be a thing, but what happened to not being a dumbass and teaching your kids tho? I'm not saying anyone deserves to be raped or robbed and killed, but come on, some people ask for it with their stupidity.

jaydella

« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2021, 05:57:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So, fucking sick of these arguments that pretend to be about the process of accountability. Just fucking be honest, you don't want accountability, period. You want to protect the dudes, because you simply don't believe the women didn't deserve it. It's not the process, it is the accountability that upsets you.

If it is formally handled by the police, "the women are lying and regret their decision of having sex"; if the free market handles it is "cancel culture" not the invisible hand filtering out bad actors. What other fucking option to you propose? The dad, brother, uncle, cousin, etc. honor killing the woman for being sullied by the act of sex?

Honestly, no one is impressed by your half baked "libertarian" viewpoint, which like most libertarians isn't hoping for a lack of government regulation in economic and social life but is all about preserving the status quo and advocating responsibility for some (and not others). 

This kooky Rand Paul bullshit drives me bonkers. It is this intense promotion of the stupidest ideas wrapped in a thick blanket of dunning-kruger arrogance.

I'm not a libertarian. I don't know anything about Rand Paul. You've completely missed my point. I 100% believe that people should be held accountable for their actions, within reason. What I'm saying is that people change. Someone can make a huge mistake when they're 20, go through another 20 years of learning and growing and end up a completely different person. Actually your response to this is pretty close to what I said about young people not understanding how people change when they get older. I don't think someone should be "cancelled" for something they did 20 years ago. If it was last week, yeah they should be punished accordingly. If you want to get into statute of limitations as well as a philosophical debate about a feasible amount of time after committing an offense in which it's appropriate to "cancel" someone, I've got a lot of free time at the moment and can start doing some research to put together my argument if you'd like.

As for the second part: As a previous teenager and young adult, I know for a fact that some teenage girls will lie about their age to older men. If a man accepts her advances and consents to having sex with her and then later that girl reveals that she was actually underage at the time they had sex, which by law then voids her previous consent, why should the man be "cancelled" and otherwise punished for his actions?

When responding please try to stay on topic and present your argument without committing logical fallacies. I'm not who you say I am or who you want me to be.

This is veering off topic though and not doing justice to OP's source material. That's my fault and I apologize for that, but I felt it was worth bringing up this element of this issue because it's often not discussed in a way that doesn't end up victim-blaming.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2021, 07:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'm not a libertarian. I don't know anything about Rand Paul. You've completely missed my point. I 100% believe that people should be held accountable for their actions, within reason. What I'm saying is that people change. Someone can make a huge mistake when they're 20, go through another 20 years of learning and growing and end up a completely different person. Actually your response to this is pretty close to what I said about young people not understanding how people change when they get older. I don't think someone should be "cancelled" for something they did 20 years ago. If it was last week, yeah they should be punished accordingly. If you want to get into statute of limitations as well as a philosophical debate about a feasible amount of time after committing an offense in which it's appropriate to "cancel" someone, I've got a lot of free time at the moment and can start doing some research to put together my argument if you'd like.

As for the second part: As a previous teenager and young adult, I know for a fact that some teenage girls will lie about their age to older men. If a man accepts her advances and consents to having sex with her and then later that girl reveals that she was actually underage at the time they had sex, which by law then voids her previous consent, why should the man be "cancelled" and otherwise punished for his actions?

When responding please try to stay on topic and present your argument without committing logical fallacies. I'm not who you say I am or who you want me to be.

This is veering off topic though and not doing justice to OP's source material. That's my fault and I apologize for that, but I felt it was worth bringing up this element of this issue because it's often not discussed in a way that doesn't end up victim-blaming.

So you’re saying that after a rape, if the rapist goes on to live a normal life, they shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions so long as the rapist has changed? Are we supposed to feel comforted that someone who got away with rape faces no consequences for their actions because they got older?

Everybody here knows what the statute of limitations is, so why are you trying to wrap your shit-stained narrative around it and make it sound like rape crimes are too harshly prosecuted? Generally, the years following a rape are significantly more difficult for the victim than the perpetrator. A person who was raped shouldn’t be expected to relive that trauma again and again, and it is their prerogative as to whether they feel like notifying the police today or 20 years from now.

As much as you try to weasel your way out of your bad take, just remember you’re on a skateboarding website advocating for the rights of rapists.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2021, 07:14:19 AM »
fucking kook

Magnolia

• Rep: 441
  • She/They
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2021, 07:33:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The victim said she was raped in 2017. This is a current problem, not some hypothetical crime from 20 years ago. If you cared about "doing justice to the source material" you wouldn't be writing rape apology bullshit. Go fuck yourself.
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

darkslide2fakie

• Rep: -4
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2021, 08:19:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Cmon man this is easy
[close]
Victim blaming might be a thing, but what happened to not being a dumbass and teaching your kids tho? I'm not saying anyone deserves to be raped or robbed and killed, but come on, some people ask for it with their stupidity.

Man im not sure if you’re serious. To say victim blaming is a thing and in the same post say “people are asking for it with their stupidity” is baffling. Not sure if you’re trolling or what not but something I heard some time ago that really changed my perspective on sexual assault is the idea that rape and sexual assault is the one crime that will only benefit the assailant. There is no justifying it in the sense of “I killed in self defense” “stole to feed my family” etc. You are only doing something incredibly predatory and harmful with no justification under any circumstances. It’s in a lane of its own. By continuing to focus on why the victim should’ve known better through better parenting or whatever you completely avoid holding the rapist, accountable.

Buck Bundy

• Rep: 38
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2021, 09:21:01 AM »
These threads always blow my mind. When I was in my late 20’s, the absolute youngest girl I would even look at, would be the new 21 year old bartender. And even then I felt gross and like I was doing something wrong. The thought of even trying to hold a conversation with a 17 year old when I was 27, is a total mind fuck. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with these dudes? It’s just so fucking gross. Act like the late 20 something you are and go for a 30yr old. Fucking perverts. And fuck anyone who tries to excuse this behavior. You’re just as gross as the guilty party.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2021, 10:41:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Brock Turner is who they meant.  Where the phrase “promising young man” gained notoriety.
Yeah I meant Brock Turner.  when a member of Brock Hampton got outted for statutory he faced consequences and was kicked out the group, unlike most rapists who face no kind of punishment for what they do

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2021, 12:31:13 PM »
Delete this thread and start another one with out criminal speculations names.

Pennybabie

• Rep: -18
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2021, 12:38:23 PM »
Did they ever catch him?

I hope they do I keep hearing about stories like this over and over again.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-skateboard-instructor-sexual-abuse-charges-20201202.html

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 404
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2021, 12:47:41 PM »
Did they ever catch him?

I hope they do I keep hearing about stories like this over and over again.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-skateboard-instructor-sexual-abuse-charges-20201202.html

We all knew that dude was on some fucked up shit for years and well known in the Philly skate community to not fuck with him. Plenty of people tried to safeguard those kids from him at Whitehall and other parks but without any proof it was hard to really do/say anything in an official form. When it came out officially it was one of those you’re bummed moments but there was only so much we could do besides look out for the younger generation. It’s still incredibly frustrating and disgusting.

jaydella

« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2021, 04:26:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The victim said she was raped in 2017. This is a current problem, not some hypothetical crime from 20 years ago. If you cared about "doing justice to the source material" you wouldn't be writing rape apology bullshit. Go fuck yourself.

That's very recent. He should be detained. Not writing rape apology.

jaydella

« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2021, 04:37:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

So you’re saying that after a rape, if the rapist goes on to live a normal life, they shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions so long as the rapist has changed? Are we supposed to feel comforted that someone who got away with rape faces no consequences for their actions because they got older?

Everybody here knows what the statute of limitations is, so why are you trying to wrap your shit-stained narrative around it and make it sound like rape crimes are too harshly prosecuted? Generally, the years following a rape are significantly more difficult for the victim than the perpetrator. A person who was raped shouldn’t be expected to relive that trauma again and again, and it is their prerogative as to whether they feel like notifying the police today or 20 years from now.

As much as you try to weasel your way out of your bad take, just remember you’re on a skateboarding website advocating for the rights of rapists.

You're way off.

So you’re saying that after a rape, if the rapist goes on to live a normal life, they shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions so long as the rapist has changed?

No. I'm saying in certain cases like my example if someone who was 22 had sex with a girl who was 17 who said they were 19 and consented to sex is discovered 20 years later to have had sex with a minor, they shouldn't be punished in the same way as a person who forcibly raped a woman two years ago. These two people don't deserve the same punishment.

Are we supposed to feel comforted that someone who got away with rape faces no consequences for their actions because they got older?
No. But if a 30-year-old man for example is accused of hitting on teenage girls who said they were over 18 and is called out for hitting on minors when he's 45, but he hasn't done anything like that since because he realized he was being a creep, why should he be punished the same as someone who raped a woman?

I know in your eyes if a 17-year-old consents to sex with a 22-year-old, it's actually not consent because she's under 18 (and yes legally her consent is voided upon discovery that she was not 18) but in the above statement you're referring to violently forced intercourse with a women who absolutely did not consent. In this case, no I do not believe the statute of limitation should apply to them. But I believe in certain situations it should. See above. What I'm touching on is cancel culture, and instances where a teenage girl lies about her age. Bringing this up does not excuse rapists nor does it blame victims.

I'm not trying to weasel my out of anything. I stand by my opinion and I am not "advocating for the rights of rapists". This is a fallacious argument on your part. We're actually talking about two different crimes which you regard as one in the same.

What I will admit and apologize for however is continuing to veer off OP's topic. The woman in OP's screenshots aside, I have strong opinions about knee-jerk reactions and calls to cancel or attack someone physically or via online harassment. When I hear or read an accusation, of course I'm going to question it. But these days necessary skepticism looks like hostility.

With that being said, I'd rather not continue this argument/debate here because it's not fair to the woman in OP's screenshots. If you'd like to continue please PM me or start a new thread and I'll be happy to discuss it further with you. This is not in attempt to change your mind, but simply because I don't like being misunderstood and I especially don't like being called a rape apologist, even more so by someone who doesn't even know me. My opinion on the issue of believing women aligns with the woman who wrote the linked article above. My position on punishments being appropriate for the crime also remains unchanged, as does the fact that have never, am not, and will never condone or excuse rape. Don't twist my words.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 05:18:24 AM by jaydella »

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2021, 05:22:57 AM »
No. I'm saying in certain cases like my example if someone who was 22 had sex with a girl who was 17 who said they were 19 and consented to sex is discovered 20 years later to have had sex with a minor, they shouldn't be punished in the same way as a person who forcibly raped a woman two years ago. These two people don't deserve the same punishment.

Most states have what's known as "Romeo and Juliet" laws so age gaps like the one you're describing aren't illegal. The rest of your ranting sounds like bullshit that drilled into me growing up in an evangelical household: https://theconversation.com/how-the-bible-shapes-contemporary-attitudes-to-rape-and-sexual-assault-76900 in case you're unaware of what the bible says about women and rape.

I was a teenage girl skating with 20 something year old men, and none of them were creepy rapists. I can't believe the people setting the bar so fucking low for other skaters. As if rape is unavoidable if you befriend/skate with older men as a younger woman. Fucking weird.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast