Author Topic: Well known skate photographer allegedly raped underage girl  (Read 20890 times)

quaintly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Well known skate photographer allegedly raped underage girl
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2020, 03:20:05 AM »
Expand Quote
My money is on atiba
[close]

Don't be so reckless, dude. Not cool to speculate about something so serious.

Oh shit , sorry dog .. I thought this whole thread was based on speculation.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2020, 03:48:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My money is on atiba
[close]

[close]

Nope, it’s based on someone’s account of sexual trauma.  What followed is speculation, but the basis wasn’t. 

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2020, 06:58:41 AM »
We also have to take into account that “well known” could be well known strictly in the local sense
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

fakie n0llie

• Rep: -80
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2020, 06:59:23 AM »
Atiba is so gross. Cancel him.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2020, 07:53:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Guy's a scumbag but people need to teach their daughters that if any guy in his 20 is wants to hang out with you and you are teenager he 100% wants to have sex with you they don't care about your personality they won't don't want to get to know you it's just a fact. I watched a lot of my friends both male and female party their lives away and make the dumbest decisions I don't understand it.
[close]

What part of the word 'rape' makes it seem like a choice to you? Or, by some magical wisdom from a father figure, the act of forcefully having sex with someone (against their will) makes predators disappear?
[close]

The fact that women lie about this shit all the time, not saying men dont lie either before you flip. But I didnt drink at 17 I was taught it wasnt safe and you easily lose control. Never get into situations like this if you are at home with guidance and supervision. Unless your parents are the rapists then that's a whole different shit show.  But I know I'm an outlier about actually teaching your kids real life not just the shitty version society shows you in all pop music, social media, TV etc that overly normalize making shitty decisions like drinking and dressing like prostitutes
Oh just shut the fuck up. And what, you think this thinly veiled version of “she was asking for it...” is a good lesson to pass on to kids?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2020, 08:02:25 AM »
Guys, if the victim wasn’t an NBA player or a member of U2, it wasn’t Atiba.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2020, 08:08:16 AM »
i fucking hate slap and i hate a lot of you mother fuckers on here. i know a lot of the time i come off as annoying or troll, but holy shit dude. a bunch of what? 30-40 year olds trying to do whatever they can to justify rape and make senseless speculation about who did it and throwing the names of people they don’t particularly care for out there. and for what? because you can? because it’s the internet? stop saying the victim should’ve done this or they should’ve done that. underage or of age, rape is fucking rape, stop making fucking excuses for it.

and a side note, i said ‘a bunch’, not everyone on slap.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2020, 08:10:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Guy's a scumbag but people need to teach their daughters that if any guy in his 20 is wants to hang out with you and you are teenager he 100% wants to have sex with you they don't care about your personality they won't don't want to get to know you it's just a fact. I watched a lot of my friends both male and female party their lives away and make the dumbest decisions I don't understand it.
[close]

What part of the word 'rape' makes it seem like a choice to you? Or, by some magical wisdom from a father figure, the act of forcefully having sex with someone (against their will) makes predators disappear?
[close]

The fact that women lie about this shit all the time, not saying men dont lie either before you flip. But I didnt drink at 17 I was taught it wasnt safe and you easily lose control. Never get into situations like this if you are at home with guidance and supervision. Unless your parents are the rapists then that's a whole different shit show.  But I know I'm an outlier about actually teaching your kids real life not just the shitty version society shows you in all pop music, social media, TV etc that overly normalize making shitty decisions like drinking and dressing like prostitutes
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 08:12:56 AM by FamilyMeeting7 »
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

MOUNTAIN

• Rep: 211
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2020, 11:17:24 AM »
Atiba owns a home, so that rules him out
Messex?
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Good times.

quaintly

• Rep: 10
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2020, 12:58:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My money is on atiba
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nope, it’s based on someone’s account of sexual trauma.  What followed is speculation, but the basis wasn’t.

How do you know it’s even real ? I could’ve written that — good luck in life if you’re gonna believe everything you read on the internet . It’s speculation chief ..

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2020, 01:10:06 PM »
not going to speculate or throw names out there but I think I might have an idea of who it is
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Shiek

• Rep: -68
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2020, 01:20:01 PM »
i fucking hate slap and i hate a lot of you mother fuckers on here. i know a lot of the time i come off as annoying or troll, but holy shit dude. a bunch of what? 30-40 year olds trying to do whatever they can to justify rape and make senseless speculation about who did it and throwing the names of people they don’t particularly care for out there. and for what? because you can? because it’s the internet? stop saying the victim should’ve done this or they should’ve done that. underage or of age, rape is fucking rape, stop making fucking excuses for it.

u sound mad

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2020, 01:49:20 PM »
Why is everyone assuming Atiba? Dude was 41 in 2017. Not only would it be unbelievable for a girl to believe he’s that much younger, but it’s 3 years later and she would obv know the difference by now of his actual age.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2020, 01:51:47 PM »
Atiba owns a home, so that rules him out
Messex?

He would be in his early 20's at that point.

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2020, 01:56:11 PM »

💯

Broken_Ankle

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2020, 05:27:24 PM »
not going to speculate or throw names out there but I think I might have an idea of who it is

Well thank you for letting us know absolutely nothing.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2020, 05:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well thank you for letting us know absolutely nothing.
my pleasure
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

JosephSmith

• Rep: 49
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2020, 07:50:50 PM »
Isn’t Atiba into dudes?

midnightsnack

• Rep: -57
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2020, 07:55:55 PM »
You guys are all fucked for bringing anyone's name into this situation with absolutely no evidence or inkling of who it can be. Associating anyone's name with sexual assualt whether it be true or not is FUCKED. Shame on anyone who threw out any names in this thread.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2020, 08:31:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Oh just shut the fuck up. And what, you think this thinly veiled version of “she was asking for it...” is a good lesson to pass on to kids?

To make better decisions before all this. Jesus how hard a concept?

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2020, 08:37:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You feminist boys are so defensive. "She was asking for it " isn't the point he's making. The point is teaching them to stay away from sketchy situations to minimize the risk of some asshole pervert taking advantage.

Storybook Weaver

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2020, 08:46:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the list of "famous" skate photographers who are only in their late 20s, early 30s seems pretty small. especially ones I'd refer to as "cool".
[close]

We honestly need a name so we can rule out people like Andrew Peters, Cameron Strand, Alex Papke (is he a bit younger?), Ryan Allan, Jake Darwen (think he's younger too idk), etc

Now I'm looking at every late 20s/early 30s skate photographer kinda suspiciously which isn't really fair on everyone but the perp.
[close]

Alex papke 100%, only here reading this because I heard there’s something on slap about him and underage girls and he’s scared it’s going to come back to bite him.
The shared house thing checks out. Then again that could apply to a lot of skaters
https://www.gofundme.com/f/jfj210

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2020, 09:04:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

To make better decisions before all this. Jesus how hard a concept?

It's almost funny that you don't even begin to think about what people should teach their sons. If anything, young men are then ones who need to catch up. You're a prime example of that. You probably believe it's natural for men to act like dumb animals. Guess what? Its not. And if a woman wants to show some skin and get drunk that's normal and you dont get to change that. Rape however, is not normal, but you probably live on hentai and videogames with no clue about actual everyday female interaction.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2020, 09:13:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the list of "famous" skate photographers who are only in their late 20s, early 30s seems pretty small. especially ones I'd refer to as "cool".
[close]

We honestly need a name so we can rule out people like Andrew Peters, Cameron Strand, Alex Papke (is he a bit younger?), Ryan Allan, Jake Darwen (think he's younger too idk), etc

Now I'm looking at every late 20s/early 30s skate photographer kinda suspiciously which isn't really fair on everyone but the perp.
[close]

Alex papke 100%, only here reading this because I heard there’s something on slap about him and underage girls and he’s scared it’s going to come back to bite him.
[close]
The shared house thing checks out. Then again that could apply to a lot of skaters
https://www.gofundme.com/f/jfj210

What happened to the ordinal Alex Papke post?

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2020, 09:42:28 PM »
the thought of matt militano without a blanket is very troubling to me

euro tm

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2020, 10:46:21 PM »
the thought of matt militano without a blanket is very troubling to me

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2020, 10:47:40 PM »
its troubling to him too he doesn’t have his blanket  :(

euro tm

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2020, 10:55:38 PM »
papke was 22/23 in 2017. not in his late 20s. why the fuck is anyone throwing his name out there? read what the girl said before throwing names like that.

maxi-pad

• Rep: 23
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2020, 08:45:50 AM »
Imo it’s known that a majority of “well-known” skate photogs live in or around LA County. Southern California I guess is more accurate. The alleged victim in this case messaging Johan’s victim leads me to believe that she lives in the area as well. Not sure how wide that Johan story reached but I imagine those who associate with the skate scene in LA were the first to hear of it.

Idk it doesn’t necessarily narrow down the list of possible culprits more but the pool was already pretty small to begin with. Most offenders aren’t one-offs either so I imagine it’s only a matter of time before more victims come forward

Mongoloid

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2020, 08:52:42 AM »
Atiba is taking a beating in this thread, and it’s most likely not even him being referenced.

It’s cracking me the fuck up.