Author Topic: Bearings (Bronson Vs..)  (Read 1031 times)

AusFire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • Skate Fast. Skate Hard.
Bearings (Bronson Vs..)
« on: July 05, 2020, 06:15:37 PM »
Hey From Australia. This is my first post here, but really on my mind.
I got a bearing question and it's after my third set in two years. What's everyone's experience with Bronson. I had the g2s first then got RAWS..
First set last not long at all, second set were good but constantly cleaning them.. Third set, on my board now, are constantly seizing and aren't fast even after a good clean... I've never ridden reds or swiss and wondered what other Skaters thought.
Cheers,
Al.
Hobo 8.8
Ace Trucks 55s
Spitfire Wheels
Bronson Raws.

SoftCarPrawn

Re: Bearings (Bronson Vs..)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 06:22:04 PM »
I’ve skated a few sets of raws and I could be wrong here but I feel like cleaning them is kind of a waste.  They’re marketed like a tough as nails type bearing.  Tungsten metal if I remember correctly and meant to be loud.  I’ve had them slow down due to catching some dirt and then eventually you can feel the dirt break down and the bearing seems to speed back up. All that said, I will skate Bones Swiss till the end of my days. 

AusFire

• Rep: 0
  • Skate Fast. Skate Hard.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 11:43:04 PM »
I’ve skated a few sets of raws and I could be wrong here but I feel like cleaning them is kind of a waste.  They’re marketed like a tough as nails type bearing.  Tungsten metal if I remember correctly and meant to be loud.  I’ve had them slow down due to catching some dirt and then eventually you can feel the dirt break down and the bearing seems to speed back up. All that said, I will skate Bones Swiss till the end of my days.

Yeah I hear ya. I like the loud,  no dramas there.. I was using an air compressor to clean them.. It worked great but don't have it anymore.. But it seemed i had to clean them weekly.. Talking to a dude at the shop yesterday and he was "Bones Swiss forever" 😎 It's what I'm considering next...what's the longest you've had them and how do you clean yours etc..?
Hobo 8.8
Ace Trucks 55s
Spitfire Wheels
Bronson Raws.

SoftCarPrawn

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 06:12:16 AM »
Ah, the air compressor cleaning makes sense.  I probably buy two sets of Swiss a year but they’re usually still pretty fast at the time when I’m switching them out for a new set.  I’ve heard my friends talk about having a set for well over a year but I just love a new set of a bearings.  I skate almost all skatepark apart from the occasionally curb session and I’m lazy and don’t clean my bearings ha.  But even when Swiss are a bit dirty they’re still the best bearing on the market!  Well worth the money.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 07:50:57 AM »
Honestly Bronson are decent butttttttt they never stay the same speed once you clean them and relube them.

For a reliable and decent bearing always go with Reds or Bones Swiss, you'll never be disappointed.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:33:13 AM by DarthDingusMaximus »
Dueces Bitch's

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 07:56:54 AM »
I've given up on expensive bearings. I stay in a tiny apartment and don't have space for the cleaning supplies. Also, I can never get them spinning as good as they were on day 1. I'm sticking to cheap bearings (Reds) or maybe those $5-10 more and swap them out when they fail.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 10:53:26 AM »
I've given up on expensive bearings. I stay in a tiny apartment and don't have space for the cleaning supplies. Also, I can never get them spinning as good as they were on day 1. I'm sticking to cheap bearings (Reds) or maybe those $5-10 more and swap them out when they fail.

I understand laziness but not enough space for cleaning supplies? A small bottle of isopropyl alcohol and bearing lube barely take up any real estate.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 09:08:12 AM »
i've had bones swiss for 5 years now and I dont clean them and the spots i skate are usually dusty, they're loud but running well

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 02:27:33 PM »
Third set in 2 years? Sounds like Bronson is your problem. I’ll ride Bones Swiss with shields popped off for like 3-4 years and usually buy new ones when I don’t even need them so they could go longer. They get loud and awesome and I’ve never noticed a speed difference. I don’t know how much they are in Australia but spend the money. You won’t regret it and you’ll save the money in the long run. I’ve never cleaned a set and never broken one.