Author Topic: Silverlake area of LA  (Read 6773 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Silverlake area of LA
« on: July 06, 2020, 11:26:35 AM »
Going to be in the Silverlake area for the weekend and want to see what skate spots are around the area. Thanks in advance Pals

notmikerusczyk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
Re: Silverlake area of LA
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 12:04:34 PM »
frogtown skatepark is fun and you'll definitely meet people there. look up "lewis macadams riverfront park"
if you skate north along the river next to the park, you'll encounter a couple spots you'll recognize within a few minutes. griffith park is nearby as well and very fun, drive along crystal springs drive and you'll find the ditch

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 12:15:22 PM »
Silverlake Ramen is the best place to stop and get a meal while out and about. Especially, if you go around 2 or 3 in the afternoon when there isn't a line.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 10:47:57 PM »
That circle manual pad spot where Terp ollied over the bus bench is here

601 Silver Lake Blvd
Los Angeles, CA  90026
United States

And the tall white ledges dylan. skated is around the corner.

froufroufox

• Rep: 31
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 08:12:20 AM »
Silverlake is like perfectly located and you’ll be close to tons of spots throughout LA.

I’m in Highland Park which is like 15 mins away and here’s some spots you could check out:

Franklin High School has these banks that are super fun and usually a trash can or bench to skate as well. You’ve def seen it in videos before. The banks are right off the ave 53 side of the school. Oh and the 18 that Arto skates in Sorry and Templeton lipslid in This Is Skateboarding is there lol, cool spot to check out for the history alone.

Garvanza and South Pasadena skatepark are also really close and fun.

Home Depot curbs/DIY off of Figueroa St. in Cypress Park is close by and always fun. You’ll also be close to Frogtown park mentioned above over there.

The banks with the channel gap that the wknd team and others always skate is off Eagle Rock blvd in glassell park.

Lots of others if you just drive/skate around!

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 09:36:55 AM »
If you only have a weekend and are doing other stuff, I'd do this:

Bronson Canyon ditch, Griffith Park, Kenny Anderson ledges (friendship auditorium), Home depot curbs and Lockwood. Also the art school where tons of people skate now: Ramón C. Cortines School of Visual and Performing Arts. From that school you can easily head into DTLA via grand Ave and you'll come up on this flat ground spot on the left, you will recognize, that also has ledges and stairs. Mini jkwon is not far from the art school and across the street are these banks that have been in a bunch of stuff. Intersection of Sunset and Figueroa.

Silver lake, echo park, Los Feliz all have random things sprinkled around everywhere, but if time, driving, parking is an issue, I'd stick to the above list. Might be worthwhile to explore Wilshire too and skate jkwon aka Korea radio.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 11:33:47 AM »
I can't add too much to what has already been said, but Silverlake is pretty centrally located as far as being in the cut of Los Angeles goes.
I would say don't get sucked into Downtown unless you have specific places you'd like to go. Skating isn't that great downtown, but the surrounding neighborhoods are great like Koreatown, Highland Park, Pasadena...
Also, maybe just download a free skatespot app on your phone for quick references. Most apps are not great, but they might have that one spot your looking for or just a suggestion that might put you in a cool area.

PM me if you find yourself having some extra time or want to link for a session!

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 12:21:01 PM »
I see some good posts here. Dont go to lockwood. The fence is very tall and has spades on top.. I have a few spots saved on google maps, pm me if youre interested.

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 04:07:43 PM »
costco curbs in atwater

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 03:03:39 PM »

lovermangenius

• Rep: 16
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2020, 02:08:21 PM »
Silverlake is like perfectly located and you’ll be close to tons of spots throughout LA.

I’m in Highland Park which is like 15 mins away and here’s some spots you could check out:

Franklin High School has these banks that are super fun and usually a trash can or bench to skate as well. You’ve def seen it in videos before. The banks are right off the ave 53 side of the school. Oh and the 18 that Arto skates in Sorry and Templeton lipslid in This Is Skateboarding is there lol, cool spot to check out for the history alone.

Garvanza and South Pasadena skatepark are also really close and fun.

Home Depot curbs/DIY off of Figueroa St. in Cypress Park is close by and always fun. You’ll also be close to Frogtown park mentioned above over there.

The banks with the channel gap that the wknd team and others always skate is off Eagle Rock blvd in glassell park.

Lots of others if you just drive/skate around!

Where off eagle rock blvd are those banks?

Glurmpz

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 05:47:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My friend - you're on a computer, google earth it - I did and found the spot using street view in under one minute.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 06:05:30 PM by Glurmpz »

lovermangenius

• Rep: 16
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 07:17:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My friend - you're on a computer, google earth it - I did and found the spot using street view in under one minute.

You're right, my bad. In my head eagle rock seems like a pretty long street but it was easy tracking it down with street view. Gonna try to go skate that spot tomorrow.

Glurmpz

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2020, 07:37:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You're right, my bad. In my head eagle rock seems like a pretty long street but it was easy tracking it down with street view. Gonna try to go skate that spot tomorrow.

It's pretty hard to hit, but looks cool - good luck!

froufroufox

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2020, 06:00:35 PM »
Does anyone know where this tennis court bank to curb spot is?  :) Guessing it’s somewhere on the east side.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGFi2xMDQR9/?igshid=1x4s73tnvlz58

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2020, 09:23:38 PM »
Hermon Park.

froufroufox

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2020, 04:50:13 AM »
Hermon Park.

Literally 1 mile away from me. Thank you!

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2020, 09:26:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Hermon Park.
[close]

Literally 1 mile away from me. Thank you!

you pretty close to me then.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2021, 07:07:54 PM »
anyone got a pin for that Koreatown bank over stairs?
have yet to find it, thanks in advance

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2021, 08:11:52 PM »
anyone got a pin for that Koreatown bank over stairs?
have yet to find it, thanks in advance
w 1st St and s new hampshire ave

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2021, 08:29:17 PM »
never have i hated living on a street more than i have s new hampshire.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2021, 09:44:03 PM »
i'm sure you saw the craig boys a lot while living there

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2021, 10:13:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i lived at 114, which is right next to the spot, but this was back in 2017, and i don't remember it being a spot then. i'm pretty sure the bank you land in was completely grass/dirt at the time.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2021, 12:14:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i lived at 114, which is right next to the spot, but this was back in 2017, and i don't remember it being a spot then. i'm pretty sure the bank you land in was completely grass/dirt at the time.
ah well i mentioned craig cause their house was like less than a block away. i think yonnie griffin stevie and james were livin there at the time

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2021, 01:18:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
ah well i mentioned craig cause their house was like less than a block away. i think yonnie griffin stevie and james were livin there at the time

i was only there for 3 months at the start of 2017, thankfully.

that house sounds like hell. a hell that shall not be imagined.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2021, 08:29:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

i was only there for 3 months at the start of 2017, thankfully.

that house sounds like hell. a hell that shall not be imagined.
lmaoooo you're not wrong

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2021, 09:17:27 PM »
Fuck I should have asked for spots on here when I lived in LA

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2021, 03:14:11 PM »
How many of you/us live in Koreatown? I dated a girl on 8th & New Hampshire and have a friend in the same building so I stayed there a lot. I used to live by Lafayette and now I live 2 blocks from J Kwon on James M Wood. It's surprisingly a pain in the ass to find a decent flat for a weekday afternoon. I'll settle by driving to Ramon Cortinez or the local schoolyards in the neighborhood.

For those interested, you can skate J Kwon on Sundays but I don't want to bother with that zoo. When I do, its a go after 9 on a weeknight.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2021, 04:48:28 PM »
How many of you/us live in Koreatown? I dated a girl on 8th & New Hampshire and have a friend in the same building so I stayed there a lot. I used to live by Lafayette and now I live 2 blocks from J Kwon on James M Wood. It's surprisingly a pain in the ass to find a decent flat for a weekday afternoon. I'll settle by driving to Ramon Cortinez or the local schoolyards in the neighborhood.

For those interested, you can skate J Kwon on Sundays but I don't want to bother with that zoo. When I do, its a go after 9 on a weeknight.

there's no flat in koreatown because every inch of available space is taken up by a car. parking is so fucked.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2021, 10:11:34 AM »
I can't add too much to what has already been said, but Silverlake is pretty centrally located as far as being in the cut of Los Angeles goes.
I would say don't get sucked into Downtown unless you have specific places you'd like to go. Skating isn't that great downtown, but the surrounding neighborhoods are great like Koreatown, Highland Park, Pasadena...
Also, maybe just download a free skatespot app on your phone for quick references. Most apps are not great, but they might have that one spot your looking for or just a suggestion that might put you in a cool area.

PM me if you find yourself having some extra time or want to link for a session!

I’m in Pasadena so I’ll just drop a few tips that I’ve figured out so far for anyone who’s interested:
-DIY spot on the bike path near south Pasadena skatepark (which is a pretty lame park sadly)
-CalTech campus has some good ledges and is only a mild bust

However I’m new here and most of my friends live closer to silver lake/echo park, so I’m sure there are tons of spots I don’t know. Anyone wanna add to the Pasadena/San Gabriel Valley list? Not sure if it warrants its own new thread or not.

And of course I would echo what everyone else says about the Costco curbs and the Home Depot curbs, both a lot of fun.