Author Topic: Silverlake area of LA  (Read 6813 times)

lem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Silverlake area of LA
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2021, 07:21:29 PM »
south Pasadena skatepark (which is a pretty lame park sadly)
you should be banned for this blasphemy

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2021, 09:10:52 PM »
As far as Pasadena goes, Theres some nice slightly curved ledges at this school a few blocks from my house, best part is no fence to jump. 5 star and rail near by that one.Ledge at filmore train stop. Theres a tall ass hubba at the convention center, the police station and city hall look like a spot (though ive never tried). Villa Park is a spot. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

To me Caltech looks like a bust. I see ledges in the campus but to me it look like people started to get it going, but get kicked before they could get them fully "grinded down",

Strangely enough while driving through an alley I seen a covered mini ramp behind this building, I drive around in front to see what it is, its a law office...

I do usually save pins, but I think most of those are just in my head.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 09:20:25 PM by lazer69 »

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2021, 08:43:19 AM »
I’ve seen that same mini ramp behind the office! So weird. I guess lawyers skate too? Or maybe they had a client that wanted to pay in the form of a ramp.

As for CalTech bust factor, I go there fairly regularly. You definitely can’t post up with a crew for hours at the same ledge but if you go solo and keep it moving you can do alright. Might be different than usual because of Covid right now. The only time I got hassled there, a security guard actually tried to give me a bottle of water and a bag of masks. Friendliest bust ever.

lazer69

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2021, 12:44:57 PM »
I’ve seen that same mini ramp behind the office! So weird. I guess lawyers skate too? Or maybe they had a client that wanted to pay in the form of a ramp.

As for CalTech bust factor, I go there fairly regularly. You definitely can’t post up with a crew for hours at the same ledge but if you go solo and keep it moving you can do alright. Might be different than usual because of Covid right now. The only time I got hassled there, a security guard actually tried to give me a bottle of water and a bag of masks. Friendliest bust ever.

haha interesting theories. I do want to know the story of the law office mini!

Nice! wonder if that security dude you encountered was a skater. I met this one skater at villa parke that says hes also security at Cal.

I been frequently coming to the campus with my laptop to just be outta the house not having to hear my noisy roomate, and do job apps. Theres new building there and a bunch of new ledges. However, theres plenty of staff and workers around these days.

I been curious if PCC has anything good, but I havent heard much. Got booted from skating flat and  a curb at this Church right by though. Need new slappy spot now.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2021, 05:15:15 PM »
Damn I think I’m going to skate Herman tomorrow. I’ve wondered about that spot and guessed it was somewhere in the northeast.

Anybody know where the curb up to twelve stair that a lot of people skate is at? Not that I would ever skate it but I just get some deja vu every time I see it and feel like it’s somewhere in the area.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2021, 09:11:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

haha interesting theories. I do want to know the story of the law office mini!

Nice! wonder if that security dude you encountered was a skater. I met this one skater at villa parke that says hes also security at Cal.

I been frequently coming to the campus with my laptop to just be outta the house not having to hear my noisy roomate, and do job apps. Theres new building there and a bunch of new ledges. However, theres plenty of staff and workers around these days.

I been curious if PCC has anything good, but I havent heard much. Got booted from skating flat and  a curb at this Church right by though. Need new slappy spot now.

PCC had some red curbs next to a knee high ledge by the easternmost parking lot that I had just finished lacquering and waxing before they closed the area off for a construction project, really a bummer. I see kids jumping down a few of the stairsets occasionally and there are still a few good curbs and ledges scattered throughout. Never had a problem with security so far (but I’ve only been here about 8 months).

There are a couple churches that have slappy curbs all waxed up in the old town / playhouse district area, haven’t had problems at them yet either.

Lurkey

• Rep: 16
  • LA fool
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2021, 11:03:01 AM »
Anyone know where this spot is at?

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2021, 07:20:20 PM »

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2021, 09:15:54 PM »
anyone know where this ledge is?

http://www.instagram.com/p/CLCts8cJLRz/?igshid=sg87tsn3wv8r
behind the Los Angeles Ronald McDonald house on Fountain
fuck you bama

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2021, 08:17:33 PM »
Okay someone deleted their post, but they were looking for this spot in this gram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMgX_vpgAdG/

It's Irving STEAM Magnet School in Northeast LA. Cheers.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2021, 11:04:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
never have i hated living on a street more than i have s new hampshire.
[close]
i'm sure you saw the craig boys a lot while living there
[close]

i lived at 114, which is right next to the spot, but this was back in 2017, and i don't remember it being a spot then. i'm pretty sure the bank you land in was completely grass/dirt at the time.
[close]
ah well i mentioned craig cause their house was like less than a block away. i think yonnie griffin stevie and james were livin there at the time
[close]

i was only there for 3 months at the start of 2017, thankfully.

that house sounds like hell. a hell that shall not be imagined.
recent developments have strengthened this statement

froufroufox

• Rep: 31
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2021, 01:04:05 PM »
hi, does anyone know where that manual pad in front of a rite aid is?? jerry hsu skates it a bunch in his made 2 part. not sure if it’s skate-stopped but it looks really fun

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2021, 06:08:22 PM »
hi, does anyone know where that manual pad in front of a rite aid is?? jerry hsu skates it a bunch in his made 2 part. not sure if it’s skate-stopped but it looks really fun

hasn't been skateable in like 4 years. the whole thing is just filled with rocks now. it's on glendale blvd as you're going into echo park.

froufroufox

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2021, 01:00:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hasn't been skateable in like 4 years. the whole thing is just filled with rocks now. it's on glendale blvd as you're going into echo park.

ah word, thanks for the heads up !

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2021, 03:03:29 PM »
anybody happen to know where this out rail is? I'm pretty sure it's in the silverlake area but i could be completely wrong

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2021, 03:15:25 PM »
anybody happen to know where this out rail is? I'm pretty sure it's in the silverlake area but i could be completely wrong

its at a church on the corner of n ave and milo terrace in hp

froufroufox

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2021, 04:26:59 PM »
currently getting back into skating after a 5 year break and have been seshing the glassell park rec center a couple times a week. have any of ya’ll been there? it’s so fun and very mellow. 2 ft diy quarterpipe, manny pads, slappy curbs, gap to manny, natural concrete hip/pyramid, etc.... also right next to parsnip and habitat coffee which are great food/bev spots. highly recommend

froufroufox

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2021, 04:28:55 PM »
Hermon Park.

also thanks to u i’ve gone here quite a few times now. it’s a lot harder to skate than it looks in videos but still so fun !

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2021, 06:33:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Hermon Park.
[close]

also thanks to u i’ve gone here quite a few times now. it’s a lot harder to skate than it looks in videos but still so fun !

you talking about the bank to ledge/stair thing? That thing is so sick but def harder to skate than it looks

froufroufox

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2021, 08:04:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hermon Park.
[close]

[close]

you talking about the bank to ledge/stair thing? That thing is so sick but def harder to skate than it looks

yeah! going there and knowing what AA & Spanky have done on it is pretty nuts

froufroufox

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2021, 10:36:11 PM »
does anyone know where the big red curbs are at 8:10? would be greatly appreciated :-)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OCcyad-qusU&t=490s

lazer69

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2021, 12:50:05 AM »
does anyone know where the big red curbs are at 8:10? would be greatly appreciated :-)

Eagle rock high. The ground has some gnarly cracks. I went to drive by it one time, sure enough spanky was there. Bet he lives in that neighborhood

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2021, 05:05:45 AM »
currently getting back into skating after a 5 year break and have been seshing the glassell park rec center a couple times a week. have any of ya’ll been there? it’s so fun and very mellow. 2 ft diy quarterpipe, manny pads, slappy curbs, gap to manny, natural concrete hip/pyramid, etc.... also right next to parsnip and habitat coffee which are great food/bev spots. highly recommend
Super fun spot. Has a couple long red slappy curbs that go downhill too, frontside and backside, really killer, I miss living over there

froufroufox

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2021, 04:04:20 PM »
what are some of your guys’ favorite lit-up spots for night seshes? now that it gets dark so early, the only time i seem to have on weekdays to skate is after the sun goes down..

T-Funke

• Rep: -23
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2021, 04:58:39 PM »
Cypress Park Home Depot has lights that come on and stay on. Gotta navigate some cars, but the curbs are still good and no bust factor. I don’t really understand why there aren’t more people here like Costco, but I’ll take the mellow sessions.

froufroufox

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2022, 01:06:08 PM »
hi does anyone know where this first spot spanks skates is? looks so fun !

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cd034tsgdem/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

halll12345

• Rep: 0
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2022, 10:02:38 PM »
As far as Pasadena goes, Theres some nice slightly curved ledges at this school a few blocks from my house, best part is no fence to jump. 5 star and rail near by that one.Ledge at filmore train stop. Theres a tall ass hubba at the convention center, the police station and city hall look like a spot (though ive never tried). Villa Park is a spot. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

To me Caltech looks like a bust. I see ledges in the campus but to me it look like people started to get it going, but get kicked before they could get them fully "grinded down",

Strangely enough while driving through an alley I seen a covered mini ramp behind this building, I drive around in front to see what it is, its a law office...

I do usually save pins, but I think most of those are just in my head.

I literally created a slap account to reply to this. That’s my half pipe! It’s kind of worn down now. Think we’re getting rid of it but if you guys want to fix it up and skate it, more than welcomed to! Feel free to pm if you’ve got any questions haha

GroovySinner

• Rep: -79
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2023, 06:21:09 PM »
I’ve lived by that rite aid many pad for ever and it was actually a bit hard to skate because both sides had a round edge that was higher than the manual pad itself so you basically had to pop out of everything. Also it’s right next to a busy street so your chances of getting hit by a car or shooting your board out were pretty high

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2023, 01:30:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Eagle rock high. The ground has some gnarly cracks. I went to drive by it one time, sure enough spanky was there. Bet he lives in that neighborhood

the ones mentioned from the Video aren't Eagle Rock HS, kinda different spot , Ive been looking for the ones spanky skates in that video for a while any leads?

alexhondo54

• Rep: -5
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2023, 09:40:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

the ones mentioned from the Video aren't Eagle Rock HS, kinda different spot , Ive been looking for the ones spanky skates in that video for a while any leads?

yeah, they're at van nuys recreation center