Author Topic: Northwest Pals  (Read 767 times)

El Fapinator

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -250
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
Northwest Pals
« on: July 08, 2020, 11:13:33 PM »
Through a few unfortunate setbacks my wife and I are heading back to the NW area in search of greener living.

Anyone have a good bead on cheap housing or tiny homes for sale? 

Whatís the place thatís not burnt out by hipsters?
Dueces Bitch's

Frank and Fred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 124
Re: Northwest Pals
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 09:38:35 AM »
I don't think 'hipsters' have been a concern for at least a decade. People moving from CA and the Northeast to work in tech have priced many out. But post-Corona who knows how things are going to play out...? I was out towards Mt Hood the other day and thought living in one of those small towns outside of Hood River or White Salmon would be nice... 1 hour from Portland, better weather, quiet, stunning scenery... Lots to skate and loads of other outdoor shit to get into. No idea on rent/ property costs though...

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 10:05:33 AM »
I don't think 'hipsters' have been a concern for at least a decade. People moving from CA and the Northeast to work in tech have priced many out. But post-Corona who knows how things are going to play out...? I was out towards Mt Hood the other day and thought living in one of those small towns outside of Hood River or White Salmon would be nice... 1 hour from Portland, better weather, quiet, stunning scenery... Lots to skate and loads of other outdoor shit to get into. No idea on rent/ property costs though...
I use to live in Tigard and my wife lived in Milwaukee for a bit.          Itís been 11 years since weíve been back there the rent was at max $1200 for a halfway decent house in the outskirts and a few places around the Loyd center.

What weíre looking for is real kinda hole in the wall sketchy landlord where you could get away with a few bucks short on deposits  or work off a few bucks for repairs around the property.

Although it sounds like Iím sounding like a bum itís not as I do have quite a bit of capital to talk turkey.  Mainly Iíd want to chat up someone property owner or network myself in a right place right time situation.

Youíve heard of this scenario, Your with a few people who youíre familiar with and someone asks the other about his cabin in the woods like Hey buddy Iím sick of this one place I own wish someone would come and buy this piece of shit off me.

Maybe thatíd be me making a decent offer cash in hand by the next day.
Dueces Bitch's

Frank and Fred

• Rep: 124
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 10:45:55 AM »
You can still find that in Tigard, Milwaukie and East Portland.

GollyIamGully

• Rep: -8
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 01:30:48 PM »
The northwest is a pretty big area so I can only speak for the area of Oregon I live in, but cheap housing isn't really a thing. My roommate owns this house and it was like 120k for 1000 square foot house built in the 40s, on a tiny lot. I live a little further south of Portland closer to Salem or Lincoln City. 

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 05:51:59 PM »
The northwest is a pretty big area so I can only speak for the area of Oregon I live in, but cheap housing isn't really a thing. My roommate owns this house and it was like 120k for 1000 square foot house built in the 40s, on a tiny lot. I live a little further south of Portland closer to Salem or Lincoln City.
My budget is 20k for a tiny house or a piece of property that I put a trailer in.
Dueces Bitch's

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 34
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 07:07:00 PM »

Did you mean 320k or 420k? Cuz thatís what a 1000 sf fixer upper costs where Iím at.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -123
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 09:44:38 PM »
I live in wv :( and you could literally buy a house in full for 20 g's here, ive lived in az before and shit cost way too much out west. Homes that cost in the millions out west cost less than $100 g's here

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 34
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 08:06:27 AM »
Itís great here but if I lived elsewhere I wouldnít move here. Especially not if I was looking for greener pastures.

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 09:08:38 AM »
I live in wv :( and you could literally buy a house in full for 20 g's here, ive lived in az before and shit cost way too much out west. Homes that cost in the millions out west cost less than $100 g's here
Dang man you serious? WV is cheap to live? Only reason we were going to go put west 420 friendly places and possibly have a place in the surrounding northwest area.
Dueces Bitch's

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -46
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 08:39:59 AM »
I just got approved for a 600$/month sro in Eugene. It may be more expensive in OR but there are still some cheap places and once you buy a place, your return on investment will be much higher. Also, the skate season here is much longer than the Midwest and east coast.