Author Topic: Ruining Spots 101  (Read 4520 times)

1stofthemonth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
Re: Ruining Spots 101
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2021, 08:02:25 AM »
Intrusive spot fixing,
yea its cool you wanna fix a spot but it really didnt need a full meter of pink bondo only because you cant pop off any surface thats not skatepark smooth

This is the worst of the worst. Sometimes the crack before the ledge is part of the spot.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2021, 08:06:56 AM »
"who the fuck pisses at the bottom of the steps?!"
but generally speaking, loitering and being disrespectful to the staff\residents\security is a sure fire way to fuck a spot up. once its personal the spot is done. 

Masshole

• Rep: 23
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2021, 09:11:50 AM »

This is the worst of the worst. Sometimes the crack before the ledge is part of the spot.
[/quote]

similarly - new people showing up at my regular spots and complaining about the various features of the spot like crusty ground or cracks. If you want a perfect ledge go back to the skatepark.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2021, 11:38:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Intrusive spot fixing,
yea its cool you wanna fix a spot but it really didnt need a full meter of pink bondo only because you cant pop off any surface thats not skatepark smooth
[close]

Some folks don’t know how or when to use bondo and when to use something else. For example, angle grinding down the slight difference in height of a crack. I see so many people fixing chunks out of ledges, or even saw someone coat a brick ledge with it to make it grind.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2021, 11:54:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Intrusive spot fixing,
[close]

Fixed that for you :D

But no, you are right. The imperfections make all tricks much more rewarding. And a 50-50 on a crusty ledge will always feel great.
IG: @flowterspace

TimidEricGreatJob

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2021, 12:56:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Intrusive spot fixing,
[close]

Agreed. I was in the middle of battling a trick at a spot with a massive crack in the landing that kept tossing me around. Someone on the session wanted to bondo the crack before skating it and I made them wait until I rolled away. If I want to skate a skatepark I make the conscious decision to go to one.

Miserable Old Sack of Shit

• Rep: 31
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2021, 01:58:52 PM »
Your dog.

I love dogs. If your dog sits there and chills and likes being pet, great, bring him along. But, if your fucking dog has to incessantly bark and run after people every time they come near the coping, leave it the fuck at home. I've dealt with this numerous times at spots like FDR. It's so fucking annoying, and hey maybe dont let your dog walk around where it will potentially catch a board to the snout? I don't want that and I'm sure your dog doesn't either.

I guess most of this could apply to small children as well, whom I care less about.

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2021, 04:03:57 PM »
Ruin a spot 010... get injured then file a lawsuit against the property owner. 

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2021, 05:01:12 PM »
Your dog.

I love dogs. If your dog sits there and chills and likes being pet, great, bring him along. But, if your fucking dog has to incessantly bark and run after people every time they come near the coping, leave it the fuck at home. I've dealt with this numerous times at spots like FDR. It's so fucking annoying, and hey maybe dont let your dog walk around where it will potentially catch a board to the snout? I don't want that and I'm sure your dog doesn't either.

I guess most of this could apply to small children as well, whom I care less about.

Shout out to Little Dog Man and Bobo. I fucking hated them.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2021, 10:57:52 PM »
I’ll spit wherever I damn well please.

cheers to that, thought i might be alone after reading OP

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2021, 12:03:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Your dog.

[close]

Shout out to Little Dog Man and Bobo. I fucking hated them.

This. Just saw this in an insta clip and came to comment about it. So annoying, dangerous and fucks with concentration.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -484
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2021, 01:02:53 AM »
Complaining that every spot is an instant bust, but when they pull the van up and someone actually gets a trick quick, proceed to blast the car horn for 3 minutes straight while screaming, then shotgun beers, throwing the cans and rolling out. Then act surprised when security calls the cops the instant they pull up a few days later.

That Screaming and Behaving like Apes in well populated areas Makes me cringe and mad. You behave exactly the way skaters will be portraied by poeple who Dont like skaters because they behave like morons. Same with skaters throwing tantrums because they fail a Trick or whatever.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2021, 01:49:37 AM »
A BMX bike.

Hombreezy

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2021, 02:09:14 AM »
Mach 6 winds going against the direction of the rail

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2021, 02:21:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Complaining that every spot is an instant bust, but when they pull the van up and someone actually gets a trick quick, proceed to blast the car horn for 3 minutes straight while screaming, then shotgun beers, throwing the cans and rolling out. Then act surprised when security calls the cops the instant they pull up a few days later.

[close]

That Screaming and Behaving like Apes in well populated areas Makes me cringe and mad. You behave exactly the way skaters will be portraied by poeple who Dont like skaters because they behave like morons. Same with skaters throwing tantrums because they fail a Trick or whatever.

Funny you should say this.

Oh Thursday i was at the local.

It's a small plaza that houses skaters, foreign students on their lunch, office types, homeless, tourists and then just general walkers by who come to admire the graffiti. All in all its really nice.

Skaters can get a bad rep there because there has been altercations with near by residents and passers by before.

This guy was filming a ledge trick with his buddy. All in there was about 10 dudes skating. I saw him setup... Within 5 trys he was screaming FUUUUUUCK, FUUUUUCKING CUNT. I FUCKING HAD THAT.

This proceeded to go on and on. You could see normal people start to get nervous and put out by the aggression. Which is impressive when you out crazy the actual crazy homeless people. 

I just couldn't understand it. How can you get that angry on a ledge trick after 5 tries. I mean it's the 00s and your Heath Kitchart trying insane lipslide down a 15 with a drop on the other side, breaking yourself up every go.... I get it.

But 5 gos on a ledge trick. C'mon man
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2021, 04:06:46 AM »
Expand Quote
I’ll spit wherever I damn well please.
[close]

cheers to that, thought i might be alone after reading OP

what are you accomplishing when you spit ?
common knowledge it's bad manner / hazardous especially during a pandemic