Author Topic: Nike and Adidas amongst global brands using Uyghur Muslims as slave labor  (Read 19077 times)

primo

Re: Nike and Adidas amongst global brands using Uyghur Muslims as slave labor
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2021, 01:00:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Quote from: Croquet temper
Expand Quote
When a country is positioning itself for global hegemony and they are totally cool with practicing slavery in 2021, it's not a bad thing to recognize it as fucked up and repugnant. The implications aren't good.
[close]

Show me where I even hinted at the idea that I don't think it's fucked up and I'll understand why you posted this reply.

I can recognize it's fucked up and also recognize that it's the way of the world (that I wish I could change by not buying certain shoes, if only it were that easy). I hope you can see that we're angry at the same thing.

Edit: I think the difference between you and I is that you seem really scared of China and seem to believe that if they do ever surpass the US as an economic power, their moral inferiority will result in the world being enslaved. And that's a YOU problem, my friend.
[close]

Nah, they fucking suck. Talk to someone that works for the State Department and you will run out of reasons to simp for China real quick.

This is true. The CCP has gobbled up Tibet and Hong Kong, and they're constantly threatening nearby countries like Taiwan and the Philippines. They recently had a small but deadly dispute at the border with India. China is a legit threat to the world but the average person outside of Asia doesn't know it yet because the threat isn't on your/their shores or borders. It's terrifying to think about, and even worse knowing the CCP's human rights track record.

Anyway so back to shoes... what are the alternatives? What skateable shoe is not made using slave labor in 2020?

NeimanMarxist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2021, 01:42:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When a country is positioning itself for global hegemony and they are totally cool with practicing slavery in 2021, it's not a bad thing to recognize it as fucked up and repugnant. The implications aren't good.
[close]

Show me where I even hinted at the idea that I don't think it's fucked up and I'll understand why you posted this reply.

I can recognize it's fucked up and also recognize that it's the way of the world (that I wish I could change by not buying certain shoes, if only it were that easy). I hope you can see that we're angry at the same thing.

Edit: I think the difference between you and I is that you seem really scared of China and seem to believe that if they do ever surpass the US as an economic power, their moral inferiority will result in the world being enslaved. And that's a YOU problem, my friend.
[close]

Nah, they fucking suck. Talk to someone that works for the State Department and you will run out of reasons to simp for China real quick.
American exceptionalism is undefeated

eSK3

« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2021, 02:08:23 AM »
Expand Quote
People bring up the abhorrent realities of shoe manufacturing, but I seldom see a suggested remedy that accompanies it. What do we as consumers do to change this? Do we exclusively buy New Balances made in the US/ UK? Do we pony up several hundred/ thousand dollars and buy high fashion shoes hand made in Italy/ Paris? It’s always a slippery slope once we start talking about how we’d go about fixing this sort of thing, but if anyone has any practical solutions I’d be more than willing to listen...
[close]

Yes.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2021, 03:39:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not "simping for China," but I'm not contributing to this second wave of Red Scare either.

I'm just trying to understand China as a rapidly developing anomaly with all of the associated problems on display for a developed Western World, a world that feels free to thoughtlessly critique and in many cases (the subject of this thread, for one) take advantage of said problems.

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

cky enthusiast

« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2021, 04:41:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What's especially disgusting is the fight put up by Nike and Apple against the anti slavery legislation. They know they are being bad and aren't hiding it.

Also, while I'm here I wanna put these things out there:

-the brunt of the responsibility to change practices under capitalism lies with govs and corpos, not individual consumers making choices or "voting with their $" we can only choose what is available, and like others have said... no true ethical choices.

-America is absolutely guilty of encouraging China to enter global trade and benefitting from their developments as a major trade partner, then slandering China for the resulting human rights violations that came with that rapid development (these kinds of violations, like slavery, were an essential ingredient to the United States' own development). Not saying China isn't culpable for the crimes, but it feels gross and hypocritical to sit back and call them evil for human/worker's rights violations when we knew it would happen (from personal experience) when we started Sino-American relations, and know it's happening now while our companies involved actively fight to keep it going.

-Attention should be drawn to these issues in China with an understanding that they are not outside of the norm for major developing economies, and a realization that these crimes seem outrageous to us largely because we are about a hundred years removed from the peak of the fight to improve conditions for workers stateside (and only a bit further removed from our very own brand of re-education involving a minority: Native Americans). China's only really been at this global economy game since like 1970. Again, not excusing it, but being realistic and understanding this is how the world has historically worked under capitalism, as disgusting it is.

-ideally, we'd replace the whole thing with something actually equitable (dunno if it'll ever be possible bc we are in so deep, and I am not going to claim to have practical steps to get there, so don't ask me for any bright ideas)
[close]
"it's not our fault, we need this stuff". you sound like the pre-civil war south "it's not our fault for having slaves, it would be too expensive otherwise. blame the people who brought them here on ships."
if you don't care about slavery in other countries, fine. but don't then pretend to care about descendants of American slaves. cause you only care when it's expedient.
[close]

how do you feel about ICE
[close]
ICE? they're surprisingly Mexican. that's my first take away [they pull you over in NM headed west or east of El Paso going the other way]. they're more white up around the Canada border. they're doing a necessary job and they stop a lot of child trafficking, stop a lot of drugs. it's inconvenient when they hassle me 'are you American?' but our whole country would be cartel beheading videos w/out them.
sometimes they capture an 'innocent illegal' who's just here to work. i've seen em get yanked off the bus. but they did sneak in, that's kinda the rules. but they get a bum rap, 3rd world is gnarly and you can't just not have a border. hope i answered your question.

your brain is made of gummy worms pal

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2021, 08:09:18 AM »
Talk to someone that works for the State Department and you will run out of reasons to simp for China real quick.

And of course the United States government doesn't lie

wallawallawa

• Rep: 8
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2021, 08:45:31 AM »
https://www.qiaocollective.com/en/education/xinjiang

Since this all started with an ASPI publication, I recommend the link MarxLenin shared from Qiao Collective (a volunteer collective of diaspora Chinese people) as well as this recent article by them: https://www.qiaocollective.com/en/articles/sinophobia-inc. I also just wanted to say, while he might not agree with the perspective shared by the Qiao Collective or pals like myself and MarxLenin, Urtripping is being the most reasonable person in the room rn. His comments reminded me of this wonderful Noam Chomsky quote:
'Returning to the quite appropriate question, whether “new societies can grow by building democratic institutions” or only by totalitarian means, I think that honesty requires us to recognize that this question must be directed more to American intellectuals than to third-world ideologists. The backward countries have incredible, perhaps insurmountable problems, and few available options; the United States has a wide range of options, and has the economic and technological resources, though, evidently, neither the intellectual nor moral resources, to confront at least some of these problems. It is easy for an American intellectual to deliver homilies on the virtues of freedom and liberty, but if he is really concerned about, say, Chinese totalitarianism or the burdens imposed on the Chinese peasantry in forced industrialization, then he should face a task that is infinitely more important and challenging—the task of creating, in the United States, the intellectual and moral climate, as well as the social and economic conditions, that would permit this country to participate in modernization and development in a way commensurate with its material wealth and technical capacity. Large capital gifts to Cuba and China might not succeed in alleviating the authoritarianism and terror that tend to accompany early stages of capital accumulation, but they are far more likely to have this effect than lectures on democratic values. It is possible that even without “capitalist encirclement” in its various manifestations, the truly democratic elements in revolutionary movements—in some instances, soviets and collectives—might be undermined by an “elite” of bureaucrats and technical intelligentsia. But it is almost certain that capitalist encirclement itself, which all revolutionary movements now have to face, will guarantee this result. The lesson, for those who are concerned to strengthen the democratic, spontaneous, and popular elements in developing societies, is quite clear. Lectures on the two-party system, or even on the really substantial democratic values that have been in part realized in Western society, are a monstrous irrelevance, given the effort required to raise the level of culture in Western society to the point where it can provide a “social lever” for both economic development and the development of true democratic institutions in the third world—and, for that matter, at home.'

Highlights from the Qiao Collective article:
'From national defense and cybersecurity to human rights allegations, the China hawks of ASPI weaponize a variety of issues in support of their call for military buildup vis-a-vis China. ASPI and its staff have called for visa restrictions on Chinese students and scientists, alleged a secret Chinese biological weapons program, and claimed China is exploiting Antarctica for military advantages. No matter how outrageous the allegation, ASPI finds warm welcome in a media ecosystem hungry for controversy and a geopolitical climate inching closer to military aggression on China by the day. 

When it comes down to it, that’s exactly what ASPI wants. ASPI executive director Peter Jennings unabashedly describes himself as a “national security cowboy,” saying that “Australia needs more cowboy and less kowtow.” As Australian PM Scott Morrison has pushed record defense spending, Jennings called for even higher targets, saying “if we’re sliding towards war, the money must flow.”

This belligerent attitude towards military confrontation makes sense in the context of ASPI’s financials. Despite being cited as a ‘non-partisan expert’ on all things China, when it comes to the profits of war, ASPI has skin in the game.

That’s because ASPI—like many of the biggest players in Sinophobia, Inc—receives major funding from the Australian military and U.S. weapons contractors like Lockheed Martin and Raytheon.

In the 2019-2020 fiscal year, ASPI received 69% of it’s funding—over AU$7 million—from the Australian department of defense and federal government. Another AU$1.89 million came from overseas government agencies—including the Embassies of Israel and Japan, the U.S. Department of Defense and State Department and the NATO Strategic Comms Center. Far from being a non-partisan counterbalance to imperialist state agendas, the same governments pushing geopolitical aggression on China are in fact ASPI’s primary funders. 

Disturbingly, another AU$1.1 million came from defense industries and the private sector, including Lockheed Martin ($25,000 for a “strategic sponsorship”) and Northrop Grumman ($67,500 for an  “ASPI Sponsorship”).

In a blatant display of their conflict of interest, the same weapons corporations sponsoring ASPI’s anti-China call to arms are also supplying the New Cold War on China. In 2016, the Australian department of defense awarded Lockheed Martin a AU$1.4 billion combat “combat system integrator” contract as part of its Future Submarines program to “stand up” to China. Under the same program, defense contractor Naval Group—which contributed a $16,666.68 “ASPI Sponsorship” in 2019-2020—was awarded a $605 million contract for submarine design.'

Other links that share context I haven't seen mentioned on this thread yet:
Tibet: https://redsails.org/friendly-feudalism/
Hong Kong: https://thegrayzone.com/2020/06/09/hong-kongs-far-right-us-politicians-crush-black-lives-matter/
Africa (B&R Initiative):

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -77
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2021, 09:17:37 AM »
^yes

& lol at “ask anyone in the state department”

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2021, 09:22:22 AM »
ICE? they're surprisingly Mexican. that's my first take away [they pull you over in NM headed west or east of El Paso going the other way]. they're more white up around the Canada border. they're doing a necessary job and they stop a lot of child trafficking, stop a lot of drugs. it's inconvenient when they hassle me 'are you American?' but our whole country would be cartel beheading videos w/out them.
sometimes they capture an 'innocent illegal' who's just here to work. i've seen em get yanked off the bus. but they did sneak in, that's kinda the rules. but they get a bum rap, 3rd world is gnarly and you can't just not have a border. hope i answered your question.

This is a terrible take. Blue lives matter level of bootlicking.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

cky enthusiast

« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2021, 06:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yellow commies matter level of bootlicking on your end. you guys can't debate at all. just ad hominem and ban. are you privy to the murder rates in mexico and central american cities? if you were you'd realize ICE is important and maybe borders are a good thing. i don't live in fucking australia talking about american politics.

if you think south america just HAPPENS to be super fucked up and also where america gets sweetheart deals through CIA backed governments for cheap labor and raw material then i am the wallet inspector and i need you to hand it over

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2021, 06:05:23 PM »
I wonder if Airwalk would have joined this fuckery

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 585
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2021, 06:05:39 PM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2021, 06:06:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yellow commies matter level of bootlicking on your end. you guys can't debate at all. just ad hominem and ban. are you privy to the murder rates in mexico and central american cities? if you were you'd realize ICE is important and maybe borders are a good thing. i don't live in fucking australia talking about american politics.
What are you tying to debate here cornball? Your statements are not factual and inflamatory. "Yellow Commies" is a racist phrase. On top of that, refugees trying to escape cartel violence in Mexico, Central and South America comprise an overwhelming majority of the people fleeing to the US for asylum.

See the thing is, a lot of us didn't just fall of the turnip truck and can see a right wing troll coming a mile away. You can't debate willfully stupid.

And on top of that you double post like a fucking noob.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2021, 06:08:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

if you think south america just HAPPENS to be super fucked up and also where america gets sweetheart deals through CIA backed governments for cheap labor and raw material then i am the wallet inspector and i need you to hand it over
[close]
south? who said south? mexico and central america. brazilians overstay visas but they tend to come legally and work. never heard of a mexican cartel in america. or a chilean immigrant, period. no wonder your dad didn't stick around.

Cky, you just weren't speaking his language earlier... Here, I'll try.

Sir, please hand him your wallet. Sir, HE'S THE WALLET INSPECTOR PLEASE COMPLY.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

wallawallawa

• Rep: 8
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2021, 06:22:05 PM »
and if you don't realize ICE is important, you're pro child sex trafficking. starting to make sense. ok groomers.

Q Anon is a hell of a drug

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/while-in-ice-custody-thousands-of-migrants-reported-sexual-abuse

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2021, 06:40:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
What are you tying to debate here cornball? Your statements are not factual and inflamatory. "Yellow Commies" is a racist phrase. On top of that, refugees trying to escape cartel violence in Mexico, Central and South America comprise an overwhelming majority of the people fleeing to the US for asylum.

See the thing is, a lot of us didn't just fall of the turnip truck and can see a right wing troll coming a mile away. You can't debate willfully stupid.

[close]
if you didn't fall off the turnip truck you'd know the international rules of asylum state that you must claim asylum in the first non warring country you go to. so nobody from further than mexico or canada can ever legally come here for 'asylum'. if you're running from cartel violence in south america, that's likely argentina. go south. if you're in central, go to costa rica. you're not entitled to go to the country w/ the most gibs.
and 'yellow lives' was a response to being called 'blue lives'. so black lives matter, white lives matter' are ok but not yellow? or is it only bad when i say it?
here comes the turnip truck, get back on it and don't come back to town w/out your wits about you.
If you don't think there's cartel violence in Colombia, where most of the cocaine comes from, then I don't know what to tell you.

I assume you used the phrase "Yellow Lives Matter" in reference to Urtripping's statements that the Sinophobia in this thread was out of hand. Again, if I have to explain to you why using "yellow" in reference to China is deeply racist than I also don't know what else to say other than yes it very much is.

Finally, your insistence that people fleeing for their lives follow international rules of asylum that they are likely not aware of is just stupid. For better or for worse, the US has projected the image that we are a beacon of fairness and Democracy and scared people trying to survive are going to come here to try and get a piece of that. I would argue that throwing shit on that image is exactly what was behind the last administration's cruel and demonstrative immigration policies.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2021, 07:04:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
if you didn't fall off the turnip truck you'd know the international rules of asylum state that you must claim asylum in the first non warring country you go to. so nobody from further than mexico or canada can ever legally come here for 'asylum'. if you're running from cartel violence in south america, that's likely argentina. go south. if you're in central, go to costa rica. you're not entitled to go to the country w/ the most gibs.
and 'yellow lives' was a response to being called 'blue lives'. so black lives matter, white lives matter' are ok but not yellow? or is it only bad when i say it?
here comes the turnip truck, get back on it and don't come back to town w/out your wits about you.
[close]
If you don't think there's cartel violence in Colombia, where most of the cocaine comes from, then I don't know what to tell you.

I assume you used the phrase "Yellow Lives Matter" in reference to Urtripping's statements that the Sinophobia in this thread was out of hand. Again, if I have to explain to you why using "yellow" in reference to China is deeply racist than I also don't know what else to say other than yes it very much is.

Finally, your insistence that people fleeing for their lives follow international rules of asylum that they are likely not aware of is just stupid. For better or for worse, the US has projected the image that we are a beacon of fairness and Democracy and scared people trying to survive are going to come here to try and get a piece of that. I would argue that throwing shit on that image is exactly what was behind the last administration's cruel and demonstrative immigration policies.
[close]
i meant columbia. argentina has some rough cities and brazil but colombia is the organized crime mecca. so if you're in colombia and it's bad, go to one of the other countries mentioned. or north. or south. you don't get to come here.
black people aren't physically black, right? but it's descriptive. white people aren't white like paper but you know what people mean when they say white. and yellow isn't an insult, it refers to people from Asia. go to prison, you will see 'brown pride' tats on mexicans and 'yellow pride' on the tiny rascals. if someone uses it then it's fair game. just like cops aren't blue like slap but 'blue lives' connotates police.
racism has an element of condescension or hate. i'd take a gang of asians over most of slap.
ps why did childhood get banned?

wahhh my entire world outlook is “why isn’t there a white history month” and i’m lashing out because society is moving on without me wahhhh

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2021, 07:17:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
i meant columbia. argentina has some rough cities and brazil but colombia is the organized crime mecca. so if you're in colombia and it's bad, go to one of the other countries mentioned. or north. or south. you don't get to come here.
black people aren't physically black, right? but it's descriptive. white people aren't white like paper but you know what people mean when they say white. and yellow isn't an insult, it refers to people from Asia. go to prison, you will see 'brown pride' tats on mexicans and 'yellow pride' on the tiny rascals. if someone uses it then it's fair game. just like cops aren't blue like slap but 'blue lives' connotates police.
racism has an element of condescension or hate. i'd take a gang of asians over most of slap.
ps why did childhood get banned?

fuck off. you're a grade A smooth brained, piece of shit. your mother should have swallowed you
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2021, 05:53:43 AM »
Not related to China, but the mindset in Nike in general.

Look how they treat some of their female athletes

Not so ‘woke’
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Land of the Faust

« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2021, 08:35:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What's especially disgusting is the fight put up by Nike and Apple against the anti slavery legislation. They know they are being bad and aren't hiding it.

-the brunt of the responsibility to change practices under capitalism lies with govs and corpos, not individual consumers making choices or "voting with their $" we can only choose what is available, and like others have said... no true ethical choices.

-America is absolutely guilty of encouraging China to enter global trade and benefitting from their developments as a major trade partner, then slandering China for the resulting human rights violations that came with that rapid development (these kinds of violations, like slavery, were an essential ingredient to the United States' own development). Not saying China isn't culpable for the crimes, but it feels gross and hypocritical to sit back and call them evil for human/worker's rights violations when we knew it would happen (from personal experience) when we started Sino-American relations, and know it's happening now while our companies involved actively fight to keep it going.

-Attention should be drawn to these issues in China with an understanding that they are not outside of the norm for major developing economies, and a realization that these crimes seem outrageous to us largely because we are about a hundred years removed from the peak of the fight to improve conditions for workers stateside (and only a bit further removed from our very own brand of re-education involving a minority: Native Americans). China's only really been at this global economy game since like 1970. Again, not excusing it, but being realistic and understanding this is how the world has historically worked under capitalism, as disgusting it is.

-ideally, we'd replace the whole thing with something actually equitable (dunno if it'll ever be possible bc we are in so deep, and I am not going to claim to have practical steps to get there, so don't ask me for any bright ideas)
[close]
"it's not our fault, we need this stuff". you sound like the pre-civil war south "it's not our fault for having slaves, it would be too expensive otherwise. blame the people who brought them here on ships."
if you don't care about slavery in other countries, fine. but don't then pretend to care about descendants of American slaves. cause you only care when it's expedient.
[close]

Wow. That's textbook whataboutism. I'm Mexican. What's happening at the border is disgusting. That said, the atrocities that the Uyghur Muslims are being forced to live through is FAR worse.

Your posts come across like you're trying to condone the atrocities that are happening in that part of the world.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2021, 09:28:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Wow. That's textbook whataboutism. I'm Mexican. What's happening at the border is disgusting. That said, the atrocities that the Uyghur Muslims are being forced to live through is FAR worse.

Your posts come across like you're trying to condone the atrocities that are happening in that part of the world.

how is pointing out that every economic superpower does unspeakable hideous shit “condone” anything

EvaporatedMilk

• Rep: -15
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2021, 10:01:00 AM »
Not related to China, but the mindset in Nike in general.

Look how they treat some of their female athletes

Not so ‘woke’

fuck nike

Land of the Faust

« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2021, 10:11:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

how is pointing out that every economic superpower does unspeakable hideous shit “condone” anything
That's not what you're doing though. You're using sophistic logic to try to downplay the atrocities currently happening in China by pointing at other things that are happening in the world. Yes, the border crisis is a sad situation and needs to be addressed.

Your argument amounts to this:

Person 1: This almond milk tastes bad.

Person 2: Oh? Yea, that milk tastes bad, but this chocolate milk also tastes bad so we shouldn't worry about the Almond milk.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2021, 10:26:01 AM »
sounds like milk (unregulated market capitalism) is disgusting regardless of the denomination and we should fix it or get rid of it according to your dumb analogy

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2021, 10:36:13 AM »
Gotta hop on the train and say there really isn't any good way to spend your money as a lower income person in the US. Made in the USA/fair trade shoes cost hundreds of dollars and minimum wage is below double digits in many places.

CKY is right when they say this thing really wont end until capitalism ends. America has the most prisoners per capita and they do slave labour all the time, we are also chemically castrating people at the border and have a massive pandemic of child abuse within our immigration law enforcement.

Capitalism needs free labor to keep its cheap labor.
I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

EvaporatedMilk

• Rep: -15
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2021, 10:44:45 AM »
Gotta hop on the train and say there really isn't any good way to spend your money as a lower income person in the US. Made in the USA/fair trade shoes cost hundreds of dollars and minimum wage is below double digits in many places.

CKY is right when they say this thing really wont end until capitalism ends. America has the most prisoners per capita and they do slave labour all the time, we are also chemically castrating people at the border and have a massive pandemic of child abuse within our immigration law enforcement.

capitalism doesnt necessarily need an enslaved socialist dictatorship megacountry to manufacture its goods
just people here in the west need to curb their grossly wasteful behaviour

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2021, 02:58:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

capitalism doesnt necessarily need an enslaved socialist dictatorship megacountry to manufacture its goods
just people here in the west need to curb their grossly wasteful behaviour
wish it was that easy lol

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2021, 03:19:27 PM »
I wonder if Airwalk would have joined this fuckery