Author Topic: Jacob Elliot Harris Appreciation  (Read 702 times)

Roger Mexico

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
Jacob Elliot Harris Appreciation
« on: July 14, 2020, 08:20:32 AM »
I'm kind of surprised there isn't already a thread for this (Yes, there's a Vase thread, but why not open it up? I was watching some Chris Jones parts this morning to get me out of the house and skating, and ended up watching this lovely two-parter:

https://www.freeskatemag.com/2018/01/15/chris-jones-365-days-on-planet-earth-part-1/

Anyway, let's see some clips.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
Re: Jacob Elliot Harris Appreciation
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 11:36:04 AM »

I'm sure everyone has seen them already. Atlantic Drift is personally the best skate video series and watching them all together is incredible. Jacob Harris shows that the VX is still a viable camera to use and his ideas are executed so well. Between everyone in the crew, they can get something on every spot imaginable and it might be wishful thinking but I'm really hoping for some more episodes in the future.

Roger Mexico

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 11:46:26 AM »
Agree, completely re: Atlantic Drift. Covid's probably got their international travel on hold, but he had a Villiage Psychic interview recently that sounded like Atlantic Drift was still very much an ongoing project. Maybe we'll get a few more Catfish segments.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 01:09:26 PM »
Best filmer/editor in the business right now. Love Atlantic Drift, but would also love to see him get behind another full-length like Vase or 11th Hour.

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 05:12:12 PM »
http://www.freeskatemag.com/2018/08/29/taipei-stuck-in-a-film/

Some more of the non-Atlantic Drift edits that Jake put out has been amazing. You can see his style of editing developing in the early Nicagura piece.