Author Topic: LA City Hall Brick Bank Quarters...  (Read 2156 times)

N.L.

LA City Hall Brick Bank Quarters...
« on: June 11, 2017, 03:17:50 PM »
I'll be in the LA area early August and have to hit this spot. Kind of a bucket list type thing...

Anyway, what's the deal? Weekends only? Evenings? Any other good shit nearby? I want to skate everything Greco Skates when he plays DeNiro on skateboard...

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: LA City Hall Brick Bank Quarters...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 06:01:52 PM »
Sunday is probably the best time to session it. Basically all of Downtown LA is a ghost town on Sundays.

Last time i was there i skated the banks for a good hour before dipping. Got a Greco sighting too, which was rad.

A little up the street is that Cortines High School that has a mini street gap thing in the parking lot that ive been seeing in videos lately. 

badfomyhealth

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 08:42:53 PM »
sundays the best time to skate anything in dtla.
PM me when youre here! lets shred

Badformyhealth is a severe alcoholic, confirmed.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 09:08:08 AM »
This spot has become a non-bust in recent years. Saturdays are fine too.

And where else to skate? Just push around in every direction! Downtown LA is the most skateable downtown in existence. I grew up in the area, and used to spend entire days there. When I go back to visit, that is where I usually spend all my time skating.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 07:44:13 PM »
Bucket list spot for me. Going to sneak away from Long Beach to hit this spot on a Sunday March 3rd (I think)... Anything I need to know since this thread was created nearly 6 years ago. I got two tricks I need to get on these things...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 08:00:07 PM by Frank and Fred »

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2024, 07:59:54 PM »
Bucket list spot for me. Going to sneak away from Long Beach to hit this spot on a Sunday March 3rd (I think)... Anything I need to know since this thread was created five years ago. I got two tricks I need to get on these things...

BS nose pick yank in?

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2024, 08:01:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Bucket list spot for me. Going to sneak away from Long Beach to hit this spot on a Sunday March 3rd (I think)... Anything I need to know since this thread was created five years ago. I got two tricks I need to get on these things...
[close]

BS nose pick yank in?

Fuck... I've lost those...but that would be tidy... no I want a proper front rock and switch feeble stall.... now I'm claiming....

Asking Greco what's Ok for me to try...

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2024, 08:37:59 AM »
Bucket list spot for me. Going to sneak away from Long Beach to hit this spot on a Sunday March 3rd (I think)... Anything I need to know since this thread was created nearly 6 years ago. I got two tricks I need to get on these things...

It’s pretty wide open at this point. I usually hit it weekend mornings but I’ve gotten a weekday evening sesh in as well. Plazas been sort of abandoned and it’s mostly a hang out for homeless. Whole area is super fun, the quarterpipes are really hard to skate but rewarding to get a trick on

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2024, 09:07:23 AM »
Thanks. I'll report back. Fingers Crossed.

I'm also thinking of hitting Vincent Alvarez's DIY under the 1st St Bridge. Curb's in Long beach... Rosie's beach?  And Channel St.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoCAPQ-aNKc

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2024, 03:51:28 PM »
Thanks. I'll report back. Fingers Crossed.

I'm also thinking of hitting Vincent Alvarez's DIY under the 1st St Bridge. Curb's in Long beach... Rosie's beach?  And Channel St.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoCAPQ-aNKc

Yeah I’ve been meaning to check those diy barriers out. Will report back if I do

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2024, 01:50:41 PM »
I got rained out of DTLA which is pretty funny for a Portlander. However, I did have a good time skating Bellflower DMV, Rosie's Beach and the Scum Hole in Long beach. Also hit, Ojai skatepark (the big bowl is pretty perfect), Fort Miley in SF (Bombed down to Ocean Beach after... )