Author Topic: Bareback, BBS, and Generator Woodshop Workers Have Walked off the Job (COVID-19)  (Read 6826 times)

C.J. Gap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Can anyone confirm? I got linked to a Tweet this morning claiming that Bareback, BBS, and Generator woodshop workers have walked off the job after one of their co-workers died from coronavirus. https://twitter.com/maxdubler/status/1283794917135769601

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Bareback/BBS/Generator are all names of one woodshop.

Paul Schmitt must be cooming right now.

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
Before making a thread as your first post on slap, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Tweekyn

• Rep: 9
Before making a thread as your first post on slap, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Geeeez, who hurt you?

Also, I am glad I just picked up a few real boards, but I really feel bad for these workers or anybody else who has to work during this pandemic to provide a living wage for themselves or their families. Capitalism>personal health?

alienlurkshop

• Rep: -31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Generator and BBS have been back working for about a month now. Just got boards from them last week so I doubt this is true.

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
damn rip. solidarity.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
damn rip. solidarity.

Are these wood shops represented by the IWW??
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

JohnOakley

• Rep: -6
It's all well and good saying "my local just got a delivery" but those boards were made weeks or months ago. If a walkout happened in the last few days then you'll feel the effects of a lack of BBS boards in a while.
"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll have a look"

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
Work at will die at will.
Piece of shit country.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
Bye then.

Frank and Fred

Expand Quote
damn rip. solidarity.

[close]

Highly doubtful. The IWW has an amazing history but these days its mostly made up of fast food workers who totally need representation but it does not have much appeal or influence beyond a few sectors.

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
No they're not, just the first image i found with the phrase "an injury to one is an injury to all"
sorry for the confusion

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
This is something I could see happening the same as I could see it happening in any manufacturing job where a single person tests positive. I’m going to need more proof than a tweet from a self proclaimed “skateboarding photojournalist” longboarder though
fuck you bama

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
This is something I could see happening the same as I could see it happening in any manufacturing job where a single person tests positive. I’m going to need more proof than a tweet from a self proclaimed “skateboarding photojournalist” longboarder though

Max is pretty rad from what I know.
Shoots amazing photos, posts on SLAP from time to time (his handle is his name, you can PM him if you want), and was out about his sexuality in the skate world way before BA
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
There has been something going on over there for a little while. I usually skate 2 different DLX shapes the 8.25"w x32"l x14.38"wb or the 8.5"w x 31.85"l x 14.25"wb.

I have been to 3 different shops who had recently received shipments from DLX. An AH Grey Eagle 8.25" at the first shop, and an 8.5" AH, that I am currently skating and is the 8.5x31.85, at 2 different shops were all mis-labeled and were all on the 8.5 full shape(8.5x32.62x14.6).

Hopefully they resolve this soon. The Navy Eagle is my bread and butter.

EastKremer

• Rep: -63
Expand Quote
damn rip. solidarity.

[close]
This should be a REAL deck design

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
damn rip. solidarity.

[close]
[close]
This should be a REAL deck design

Totally their style.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
Been a while since the obligatory argument regarding who and what exactly generator/BBS is. Classic

Free max b
FREE MAX B

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Bareback/BBS/Generator are all names of one woodshop.

Paul Schmitt must be cooming right now.

Pretty good "Paul Schmitt misspells everything, including his orgasms" joke.

Nicely done.

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
Generator and BBS have been back working for about a month now. Just got boards from them last week so I doubt this is true.

Product cycle time is closer to 6 months. If they had a shut down it will effect christmas orders unless they switch to available manufacturer that doesnt have backlog. There are so many variables before you open a box from them that if you say a month you just are wrong.

schmitt067

• Rep: 0

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Burger King, BK, and the Kang employees go on strike (not sure about the last one, but had to make it up to prove an already proven point)

wikileaks

• Rep: -34
Can anyone confirm? I got linked to a Tweet this morning claiming that Bareback, BBS, and Generator woodshop workers have walked off the job after one of their co-workers died from coronavirus. https://twitter.com/maxdubler/status/1283794917135769601

all the same woodshop as stated earlier. the owner of bareback got covid. wouldn't doubt workers haven't been wanting to bust their ass during a pandemic.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay

Not so random. Mexican labor laws require that employers have medical staff on-site once you exceed a certain # of employees.

Good to know, hoping the employees get what they need. I guess I meant random to the conversation at hand; wondering aloud if the two were related at all hahah. I was looking for recent news about “BBS Baja S. de R.L. de C.V.” which is the company name for the Tijuana woodshop, but nothing of substance other than that job posting.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
If my co-worker died of COVID-19, I'd walk the fuck off too
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"