Author Topic: Can u really win SOTY with footage from the past 3 years?  (Read 2355 times)

busch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 74
Re: Can u really win SOTY with footage from the past 3 years?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2020, 07:28:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So you think Mason’s 2020 part - in which he primarily skates Real and DLX boards - has three-year-old footage in it, despite the fact that anything he filmed in 2017 would have gone towards his Red Balloon part, 2018, his Element part? Probably the smartest thing you’ve ever posted.
[close]
Im all for Mason but to be fair he was definitely riding an element board in that cab flip clip at the end of his new Nike part.
[close]

True... but as other posters have mentioned above, it's completely common place to stack clips and then release them in a banging part when you feel ready. So what's the problem?
There isn’t one. Mason is a footage machine I’m just saying it’s entirely possible that there’s 2-3 year old footage in there. Could have been shot by a Nike filmer when he was on element who held onto the footage til a Nike project came out. Either way it doesn’t matter it counts toward the year it’s put out. SOTY doesn’t really matter either

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
It’s also only July so there is a lot more of 2020 to go.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2020, 08:59:31 AM »
Who even care about soty anymore? Whole thing is a inside job, prove me wrong or show me Tiagos trophy.

My thoughts, but 2009 Busenitz.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2020, 11:00:36 AM »
Cory Kennedy shoulda won for Beware of Sasquatch alone that year. Not to mention he tore KOTR a new asshole. SOTY seems like it’s chosen based off who has Thrasher’s dick deeper down their throat anyway

Yeah. Phelps never hid that fact.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2020, 12:06:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So you think Mason’s 2020 part - in which he primarily skates Real and DLX boards - has three-year-old footage in it, despite the fact that anything he filmed in 2017 would have gone towards his Red Balloon part, 2018, his Element part? Probably the smartest thing you’ve ever posted.
[close]
Im all for Mason but to be fair he was definitely riding an element board in that cab flip clip at the end of his new Nike part.
[close]

True... but as other posters have mentioned above, it's completely common place to stack clips and then release them in a banging part when you feel ready. So what's the problem?
[close]
There isn’t one. Mason is a footage machine I’m just saying it’s entirely possible that there’s 2-3 year old footage in there. Could have been shot by a Nike filmer when he was on element who held onto the footage til a Nike project came out. Either way it doesn’t matter it counts toward the year it’s put out. SOTY doesn’t really matter either
That clip would have obviously been in his Peace part were it two years old. The oldest it could be is something like a year and a half old, assuming the board wasn’t dead stock when he was skating it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2020, 12:51:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Mason winning would be horrendous. Just give it to Ishod again if no one else is worthy.
[close]

Why? He's clearly been earmarked for it and has the sponsors to really push it. He'd be a much worthy winner than Milton.
[close]
I didn't know there were people who thought anyone but Milton could have gotten SOTY last year.  Also no one is even close to Mason at this point.
Right? That was far and away the gnarliest part in ages. It was so beyond everyone else I can barely remember the other contenders

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2020, 01:42:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Cory Kennedy shoulda won for Beware of Sasquatch alone that year. Not to mention he tore KOTR a new asshole. SOTY seems like it’s chosen based off who has Thrasher’s dick deeper down their throat anyway
[close]

Now that Phelps is gone will SOTY of the year be more egalitarian?

Or will it mainly still just be a hell ride dude that Rhino or Burnett choose?

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2020, 01:59:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Now that Phelps is gone will SOTY of the year be more egalitarian?

Or will it mainly still just be a hell ride dude that Rhino or Burnett choose?

SOTYOTY?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.