Author Topic: Stickers  (Read 2064 times)

yapple dapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Stickers
« on: July 22, 2020, 10:53:41 PM »

Anyone else love stickers?
Please share you’re collection. Here’s this week’s bounty.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
Re: Stickers
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 06:58:23 AM »
I get stickers made for myself and my friends but I don’t really collect skate brand stickers anymore.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 08:06:50 AM »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 08:11:17 AM »
I have a small remaining collection, but nothing like it was 20 years ago. I had all original Powell stickers from 1986/ 1987. a fleet of World/ Blind and H-Street from 89-91. I sold all of those on eBay during their peak selling value. I do regret it immensely, especially the old World / Blind ones. An era I WISH I collected stickers more was 92-94, but for some reason I didn't really collect stickers from 92-98. I was skating the most then, and definitely going through more boards than usual.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 08:27:24 AM »
I get stickers made for myself and my friends but I don’t really collect skate brand stickers anymore.

Where did you get the cat stickers made? I’m guessing these are expensive to get done with the dye cut and all. One place I’ve got stickers from is printrunner.com it’s like $60 for 1000

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 09:08:23 AM »

My workshop table.....
Dueces Bitch's

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 09:34:09 AM »
I love stickers so when I produce my own I dont fuck around. Old school plastisol screenprints on vinyl. No digital prints here.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 10:11:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Where did you get the cat stickers made? I’m guessing these are expensive to get done with the dye cut and all. One place I’ve got stickers from is printrunner.com it’s like $60 for 1000
Sticker mule.com
It’s not that cheap but every month or 2 they do a special for 50 holographic stickers for $30.
All the stickers I’ve ordered in batches of 50 from that website only when they are only sale. Sometimes it’s $20 for 50, sometimes $30. Those prices are cool with me tho.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 11:52:25 AM »
I love stickers so when I produce my own I dont fuck around. Old school plastisol screenprints on vinyl. No digital prints here.

These are sick. Love bruj graphics too, definitely been on my "to buy" list for way too long. Might have to break down and order one soon.

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 12:18:12 PM »
DM me, I'll send you a code.
I'm super low on pretty much everything right now (only have 8.25 DB Coopers and a few misc 8.5s left, Paulo, Ghost and Diablieries) but I always hook up the stickers on board orders!

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2022, 07:58:54 AM »
I didn't want to make a new thread, so I'm bumping an old one.

Anyone else got a sticker that they love so much they cant stick it on anything?

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2022, 08:04:09 AM »
I have a collection of old gravis and analog stickers from the Dylan era that I really enjoy.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2022, 08:23:32 AM »

Anyone else got a sticker that they love so much they cant stick it on anything?

I've got a stash, but I specifically have a couple random old Antihero stickers that I just can't put on anything.

I used to work at an awful store called Tilly's that's like a bad zumiez or pacsun knock off. We sold vans shoes and Vans did a Sanrio collab so I have some old vans x hello kitty stickers I've never used somewhere. Also, I have probably 100 of the plain vans skate stickers I pulled out of the various shoe boxes.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2022, 08:44:29 AM »

My friend/tattoo artist committed suicide last year and sent me a few stickers beforehand. It's a really small sticker he actually hated for some reason but it just sits in my bin and makes me feel weird about the whole scenario.

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2022, 11:01:17 AM »

I've posted this in another thread but I have an old AWS sticker from the Ready Ranger series.  It is one of my most sentimental possessions. It reminds me so much of my one cat when she was a kitten.  I never stuck it on anything but I did get it stuck on me.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2022, 12:59:35 PM »

When I was 18, I won a trick guessing competition at the berrics. The Real Team was shredding the park and they asked which trick Davis did down the hubba. I assumed a nollie back 180 fakie nosegrind and I won the competition. I think Darin Howard was the TM at the time and he sent me a huge letter with Real stickers and a DVD. All the way from SF to Berlin, Germany. I was and am still mad hyped.
Always wanted to say thanks for that to DLX.

And that one time my Dad went to a skateshop and got me a deck for my birthday. He also gave me a sticker from The Hundreds (?) with some cool penguins.
My Dad is the best. My Mom too. And my Grandmas.

And I still have a shop sticker from Slam City Skates when I was in London like 16 years ago. That's a rad shop.
IG: @flowterspace

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2022, 01:13:55 PM »
When i was a grom i put spitfire stickers on the nose and other places on my board to copy lizard king and trevor colden, respectively. Good fucking times.

That damn marketing works on dopey kids smh.

My first skateboarding bestfriend ever had this jerry hsu skateboard deck as his first deck ever too.

Ahhh the memories. This shit is so precious fr.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2022, 02:43:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've posted this in another thread but I have an old AWS sticker from the Ready Ranger series.  It is one of my most sentimental possessions. It reminds me so much of my one cat when she was a kitten.  I never stuck it on anything but I did get it stuck on me.

Had an old hoodie with the cat on it, lost it when I moved back home to Michigan from California :'(

Here are some of my personal favorites. Thought about using the Clyde one from strangelove but idk, I don't think I can replace it unless they're easier to come across than I know... bonus QS x Spirfire air freshener
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 06:29:04 PM »
No hate but i always felt like a kook buying stickers.
Am i alone?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 06:31:00 PM »
Made some stickers for my silly little side project.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2022, 06:32:36 PM »
No hate but i always felt like a kook buying stickers.
Am i alone?
same with me, if the shop guy doesn't ask if i want some stickers thrown in i just can't bring myself to ask for a few. feels like a little kid thing to do.
---
i have some old caballero and powell stickers from the 80s. i wasn't around back then, but my uncle gave them to me a while back. no idea how he got them, he never skated and he's also fat
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2022, 06:34:25 PM »
Got a shoe box full of em. Can’t get enough.

Who doesn’t love stickers?

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2022, 06:38:17 PM »

My parents moved recently and uncovered these relics I had left, while packing.
For the life of me I can't remember where I obtained an absolute stockpile of ricta stickers.. or why, but here they are all the same.  The Adio sticker is pretty sweet though.

Get hungry on it!

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2022, 06:42:25 PM »

If you end up doing anymore of the Zodiac Have You Seen Him stickers PLEASE shoot me a message. Those are sweet!

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2022, 08:03:05 PM »
Stickers- meant for sticking with actual value of $0.25 but they live in a drawer because I treat them like a dragon treats gold coins. My fav recent additions is the big and little Spitfire wing and classic foil Indy

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2022, 12:21:30 PM »
Dang this bums me out cause I sent a self addressed envelope to DLXSF for venture/spit stickers almost 2 months ago and still haven't got it back. Remaining hopeful it will show up one day. Otherwise I usually buy 6" spitfire sticker if I ever purchase a board online and need that extra $1 difference to get free shipping. I can never find Venture stickers in the wild.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2022, 07:11:18 PM »
Patio fridge.

Shoe boxes full are buried somewhere in a closet.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1031
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2022, 07:18:37 PM »
Dang this bums me out cause I sent a self addressed envelope to DLXSF for venture/spit stickers almost 2 months ago and still haven't got it back. Remaining hopeful it will show up one day. Otherwise I usually buy 6" spitfire sticker if I ever purchase a board online and need that extra $1 difference to get free shipping. I can never find Venture stickers in the wild.

Yeah I don't really recall seeing Venture stickers in any shops, but when I had access while running a real skateshop, I did see the distributor had them in stock, so maybe no one is ordering any, or when they do get there, they sell out really fast.

Who knows.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2022, 09:05:52 PM »
I’ll see cool stickers or designs. So I’ll swoop em up but when it comes time to, I get cold feet and don’t stick them to things.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.