Author Topic: Ishod Wair Stop and Chat - The Nine Club  (Read 2633 times)

HugeBodBoyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Ishod Wair Stop and Chat - The Nine Club
« on: July 25, 2020, 11:23:34 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFJ1F_xGNPU

I did not see this posted on here, and I looked...but did anyone else listen or watch this? Felt like Ishod maybe was vulnerable and willing to discuss some shit (mentions lack of motivation given what is going on in the world) and they just blow past it and even slap a pube trimmer ad in the middle of him talking about the state of the world and how that is affecting him. I haven't listened to the Nine Club much this year, but checked this out simply because I like Ishod so much. I feel like this one really laid bare how terrible of an interviewer Crob actually is.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Ishod Wair Stop and Chat - The Nine Club
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 11:30:04 AM »
I haven’t watched a single nine club related thing ever since they were silent on biebel and I used to watch most all of them.

I’d just like to listen to the guest, not the three stooges.

Crob wants to be Howard Stern his idol, when in reality he is worse than Carson Daily or some shit. Bet they say nothing about Kenny either. Fuck em.

They’ll probably get biebel, kenny, and invite 1010 again to ham it up for fake apologies.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 12:34:41 PM »
I haven’t watched a single nine club related thing ever since they were silent on biebel and I used to watch most all of them.

I’d just like to listen to the guest, not the three stooges.

Crob wants to be Howard Stern his idol, when in reality he is worse than Carson Daily or some shit. Bet they say nothing about Kenny either. Fuck em.

They’ll probably get biebel, kenny, and invite 1010 again to ham it up for fake apologies.

Which Kenny are you referring to?

Never mind, just noticed the thread on UWTB
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:42:57 PM by Concerned_Skater »

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 01:24:42 PM »
Yeah i listened to that one night, it was kind of boring but not too bad. I tried skimming through the nora one and wow it was terrible

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 01:57:33 PM »
Yeah i listened to that one night, it was kind of boring but not too bad. I tried skimming through the nora one and wow it was terrible

The Nora one wasn’t so bad, the story about her boyfriend’s surf slam was insane. I checked the footage and any one of us would have died 100%

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 02:54:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Nora one wasn’t so bad, the story about her boyfriend’s surf slam was insane. I checked the footage and any one of us would have died 100%
i already knew about that tho. I just skimmed thru it but it seemed like a long ass kombucha advertisement

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 10:16:45 PM »
I think I like the stop and chat more than the actual show. Haven't watched Pudwill's but I've enjoyed most of them.

It just is more open for them to kind of just talk, rather than do a timeline of someone's career in skating.

Ishod's episode is one of the better ones for sure though. Loving the set up talk
The chillest1

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 02:31:00 AM »
I think I like the stop and chat more than the actual show. Haven't watched Pudwill's but I've enjoyed most of them.

It just is more open for them to kind of just talk, rather than do a timeline of someone's career in skating.

Ishod's episode is one of the better ones for sure though. Loving the set up talk

Someone on UWTB summarized a part of his episode (deck shortage because of the pandemic):

Torey is really extremely good at taking 25 minutes to say something that would fit in a single 30 seconds sentence. I can just imagine the hell it must be working for/with this guy
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

live, laugh, love

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 05:27:28 AM »
The Torey episode came on automatically for me one day. He was shocked that cheese and chocolate weren't a part of a plant based diet. I turned it off after that.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 05:39:47 AM »
This show has become very stale.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 06:34:07 AM »
The Torey episode came on automatically for me one day. He was shocked that cheese and chocolate weren't a part of a plant based diet. I turned it off after that.

The exact same thing happened to me, as soon as they mentioned that it was like being snapped out of a hypnotic state, I switched it off as quickly as possible and vowed never to give these morons another second of my time.

Although it's still not on the level of Mark Appleyard backing David Icke, at least that gave me a laugh.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 06:49:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The exact same thing happened to me, as soon as they mentioned that it was like being snapped out of a hypnotic state, I switched it off as quickly as possible and vowed never to give these morons another second of my time.

Although it's still not on the level of Mark Appleyard backing David Icke, at least that gave me a laugh.

That was horrifying and I stopped following his IG for good measure too. I snapped an Appleyard Element deck a few days prior to his episode I guess that was foreboding and also for the best.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 07:44:43 AM »

I agree. The layout of this show feels more closely aligned to what their original idea was (go back and watch Louie Barletta's first episode) That being said I personally have to be interested in the guys to make it even half way through these.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 11:23:52 AM »
Ishod episode was great, you guys are so desperate to hate on the nine club it's kinda funny. They also made fun of SLAP in the Nora episode.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 04:00:02 PM »
Ishod is funny so he always saves nine club from being boring. His full episode is very good.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 06:49:27 PM »
Ishod is funny so he always saves nine club from being boring. His full episode is very good.

The full episode is an all day vape for sure.

I just feel like there was a real opportunity for Crob et al to open a dialogue with one of the best skaters on earth regarding his place in things in the current racial situation festering in this country and they just whiffed or ran away scared. It's like they are terrified to venture into things that could actually cause them to take a stand. They are neither hot nor cold so I spew them from my mouth.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2020, 08:20:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The full episode is an all day vape for sure.

I just feel like there was a real opportunity for Crob et al to open a dialogue with one of the best skaters on earth regarding his place in things in the current racial situation festering in this country and they just whiffed or ran away scared. It's like they are terrified to venture into things that could actually cause them to take a stand. They are neither hot nor cold so I spew them from my mouth.

I guess the crew is still too connected to the industry to want to bring up the industry's dirty laundry. The last time I found an episode entertaining was when Rog talked about how he was underpaid as a filmer; they rarely get into a serious discussion about industry pay and surfaced the narrow minded views the rest of the crew had.

The Socrates episode was entertaining and also incredibly sad. His contributions to skateboarding were quickly forgotten by the industry and he's working a warehouse now? What happened to taking care of their own?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2020, 08:52:16 AM »
ishod is sick, the 9 club is un sick.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2020, 08:54:48 AM »
TERRY GROSS: Was that hard for you - to not make it about you?

HOWARD STERN: Oh, my God. The inner child - you know, look. The reason I - you quoted my book. The reason that this was so difficult - when I was on commercial radio, I couldn't allow a guest to even say five words in a row. I'm looking at the clock. I need high ratings.

When you're doing an act like mine, you need high ratings. They're not keeping you around for the joy of it. They want to be No. 1 because they're putting up with a lot of government fines, a lot of religious groups complaining, people complaining to get me off the air. So I had to deliver the goods.
And so when a Robin Williams walked in or a Gilda Radner - people I love and adore - I'm like, I've got to keep this going. So I'm blurting out jackhammer-like questions. Robin Williams, I hear you're having sex with your nanny. Gilda, what's it like to - you know, blah, blah, blah, blah, rah (ph), rah, blah, blah, blah.

Well, the audience is cheering me on because it sounds outrageous, and it sounds wild. And it sounds like, oh, my God, did he just say that to Robin Williams? But there's no dialogue. There's - you know, I'm not learning anything.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2020, 08:01:49 PM »
They may as well be talking into a vaccuum.  Crob does nothing to get stuff out of people, is just a lazy cunt wanting to get to the end of every episode.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 05:57:03 PM »
They may as well be talking into a vaccuum.  Crob does nothing to get stuff out of people, is just a lazy cunt wanting to get to the end of every episode.

I do whole heartedly respect what they've created and have enjoyed quite a few hours of their content, which I'm thankful for. However I do think they're stuck in a total rut, having found their core audience, become complacent and no longer pushing any boundaries to expand past that. Taking on/listening to people criticisms is a must in their what they do, they aren't quite professionals at this yet, and will never be if they stagnate, falling back on their happy-with-anything fans.

Personally I don't think the answer was to pump out another, lesser show and the focus should've been on perfecting and making their main show more interesting. Again though, I still don't think the nine club will ever truly for fill our wants while they're so heavily affiliated with crailtap & soletech etc. that kinda goes without saying at this point.