Author Topic: frog fashion show 2018  (Read 3484 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1372
Re: frog fashion show 2018
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2020, 05:00:41 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't like manuals out of tricks.  Do other people feel that way or is it a weird personal bias?
[close]

i think its kind of funny because back in the day we did tricks and landed in manual just being silly.  i never thought it would become a thing.  i feel like aidan and ben kadow made it kind of trendy.

Sometimes it looks good, I just don't like it when the manual trick ends on flat. Only exception is Hensley in Questionable. Back tail to fakie manual is dece, back tail to regular manual is ugly.

This video was all right, the first song was making me laugh for some reason. Really like Hayden Burns' skating, the cab fakie manual half-cab flip was amazing.

Alltimers and Frog both continue to confuse me, but I like them both.

And no Zeuner?

JamesNtheGntPch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 05:41:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't like manuals out of tricks.  Do other people feel that way or is it a weird personal bias?
[close]

i think its kind of funny because back in the day we did tricks and landed in manual just being silly.  i never thought it would become a thing.  i feel like aidan and ben kadow made it kind of trendy.
[close]

Sometimes it looks good, I just don't like it when the manual trick ends on flat. Only exception is Hensley in Questionable. Back tail to fakie manual is dece, back tail to regular manual is ugly.

This video was all right, the first song was making me laugh for some reason. Really like Hayden Burns' skating, the cab fakie manual half-cab flip was amazing.

And no Zeuner?

Good point. Where's Zeuner? And Kyota?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2020, 06:18:18 PM »
I fucking love frog, Every video they make gets me so stoked to skate. They can do no wrong in my eyes.

Same here. They have such a stacked team as well. Nick Michel had one trick? And I didn't even miss him in this, and he's their blue chip prospect.

The filming was completely fine.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2020, 06:19:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And no Zeuner?
[close]

Good point. Where's Zeuner? And Kyota?

They weren't on these trips. Neither was Luis Ouida.

Rocco Siffredi

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2020, 07:39:27 PM »
best ender

DiabloMan

• Rep: -4
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2020, 08:35:34 PM »
jesus alex g is worse than harsh toke

DiabloMan

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2020, 08:36:14 PM »
eh i take that back

whagman

• Rep: -13
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2020, 09:48:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Dope, but I haven't been able to look at the Frog dudes the same eversince someone on here pointed out that they turned themselves pro.
[close]

Who's pro on frog other than maybe Chris? Even then it never really states pro board, I just thought he does the art, regardless, Mango's earned his right for sure

Seeing this video brought some good vibes back to coming on here again

Pat gallaher is pro for frog, no?

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2020, 12:33:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dope, but I haven't been able to look at the Frog dudes the same eversince someone on here pointed out that they turned themselves pro.
[close]

Who's pro on frog other than maybe Chris? Even then it never really states pro board, I just thought he does the art, regardless, Mango's earned his right for sure

Seeing this video brought some good vibes back to coming on here again
[close]

Pat gallaher is pro for frog, no?

Yeah he is. Pat Gallagher is sooooo good too. I feel like he was flow for a lot of companies in the past like real and chocolate. He’s had a lot of good parts.

I like the concept of making your own company and turning you and your friends pro. I think it’s sick.
I sometimes toy with the idea of making a board company and only turning my friends who don’t skate pro, then making a pro video of one of my friends who don’t skate doing karaoke or something and splice clips of me and my friends who do skate in it doing mediocre tricks.

I think it’s sick that boards with these kinds of graphics actually sell in skateshops. I’m skating a frog right now and the graphic is absolutely bizarre. I like that not everything is skulls and tough stuff on skate graphics. I’m glad weird ass stuff like this gets coverage in thrasher these days. I’m glad the other stuff does too but it’s nice to see a broader spectrum of skating and the largest media publication in skating to be showing us more than just the things we’ve been presented in the past and following that same formula. It’s neat to see all the different niches of skateboarding and for them to be presented at the same level regardless of the popularity or skill (not that they don’t rip) or possibly ad revenue it will bring in.

twice

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2020, 02:38:53 AM »
Frog puts out consistently good content so often. They have had like what 10 of these clips in the past 2 years? Gotta be one of the most productive skate teams.

Also can someone tell me whether mango/jalba are on vans/cons?

Drucksache

• Rep: -6
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2020, 04:28:24 AM »
I like the concept of making your own company and turning you and your friends pro. I think it’s sick.
I sometimes toy with the idea of making a board company and only turning my friends who don’t skate pro, then making a pro video of one of my friends who don’t skate doing karaoke or something and splice clips of me and my friends who do skate in it doing mediocre tricks.

I think it’s sick that boards with these kinds of graphics actually sell in skateshops. I’m skating a frog right now and the graphic is absolutely bizarre. I like that not everything is skulls and tough stuff on skate graphics. I’m glad weird ass stuff like this gets coverage in thrasher these days. I’m glad the other stuff does too but it’s nice to see a broader spectrum of skating and the largest media publication in skating to be showing us more than just the things we’ve been presented in the past and following that same formula. It’s neat to see all the different niches of skateboarding and for them to be presented at the same level regardless of the popularity or skill (not that they don’t rip) or possibly ad revenue it will bring in.

^^this

Getting some boards pressed and turning yourself and your homies "pro" is so much fun. I can highly recommend it.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2020, 05:58:08 AM »
sick.

Hanna Schygulla

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2020, 08:16:47 AM »
As far as the grind/slide to manual goes, there's a lot of factors that go into whether it enhances the trick or ruins it. Usually the less of a drop to the manual, the better. Also, going to fakie manual or fakie nose manual, rather back to straight manual or nose manual, is usually better, but it depends. Manualing too long can ruin it, but it also depends on the spot. Lastly, you almost never want to do the seesaw effect, going from nose all the way to tail, or vice versa; keep it on the same end, or going from board/lip in either direction is cool. The exceptions that I can think of are noseslide transfer to manual, and fakie manual/switch nose manual to fakie nose manual/switch manual (no grind there, but it's a cool seesaw).

Also, Hayden Burns is easily the most underrated dude on Frog; I really hopes he gets more support, enabling more footage outside of IG skatepark tricks, and even a pro board, for what it's worth.

Does anybody know why he was culled from 917 really, really early on? If anyone remembers, 917 started out like HUF shoes, where it was "we have product, but no 'real' team...but here's some skaters we give stuff to", and then threw that out the window quickly, also like HUF. I know when Alex brought Logan on he made some decisions like cutting Jed Anderson, which was needed (Jed's skating is cool to a point, but as a dude he's definitely "cool for a snowboarder" and isn't good enough for what 917 became...buying FA boards is where he ultimately belongs, lol). But Hayden should've remained, and should/could still be on 917, but Frog is still cool and worthy, and if everyone's happy that's what matters.

fleetwoodcrac

• Rep: -3
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2020, 08:46:23 AM »
As far as the grind/slide to manual goes, there's a lot of factors that go into whether it enhances the trick or ruins it. Usually the less of a drop to the manual, the better. Also, going to fakie manual or fakie nose manual, rather back to straight manual or nose manual, is usually better, but it depends. Manualing too long can ruin it, but it also depends on the spot. Lastly, you almost never want to do the seesaw effect, going from nose all the way to tail, or vice versa; keep it on the same end, or going from board/lip in either direction is cool. The exceptions that I can think of are noseslide transfer to manual, and fakie manual/switch nose manual to fakie nose manual/switch manual (no grind there, but it's a cool seesaw).

Also, Hayden Burns is easily the most underrated dude on Frog; I really hopes he gets more support, enabling more footage outside of IG skatepark tricks, and even a pro board, for what it's worth.

Does anybody know why he was culled from 917 really, really early on? If anyone remembers, 917 started out like HUF shoes, where it was "we have product, but no 'real' team...but here's some skaters we give stuff to", and then threw that out the window quickly, also like HUF. I know when Alex brought Logan on he made some decisions like cutting Jed Anderson, which was needed (Jed's skating is cool to a point, but as a dude he's definitely "cool for a snowboarder" and isn't good enough for what 917 became...buying FA boards is where he ultimately belongs, lol). But Hayden should've remained, and should/could still be on 917, but Frog is still cool and worthy, and if everyone's happy that's what matters.

Pretty sure Crango was skating 917 boards around that era too

Hanna Schygulla

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2020, 09:24:51 AM »
True, but as I recall Hayden actually had the very first 917 print skate ad, so he seemed as official-unofficial as possible.

Also, Turtle Tom needs a little more love too.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2020, 10:11:13 AM »
Some of those feet are pretty good skaters.

Can we ditch that style of filming yet? It's awful.
yes, please

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2020, 03:22:33 PM »
Jed said on his bunt interview that AO dropped some guys because 917/BC like ran out of money in 2015 and almost went of business, and he wasnt tapped when they started back up again. I figure the same thing happened to hayden

edit: anyway it's 2015 again! jalba and mango footy!
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

John

• Rep: -12
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2020, 07:30:59 PM »

He was on back when it was just bianca chandon i think. He didn't have a filmer for a while when he lived in Michigan so he would just send iphone clips and they kicked him off and told him he skates too slow. The money thing might of been part of it too it was probably around the same time.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2020, 05:55:35 AM »
I dont know anything about Frog other than the videos that get posted, but I definitely fuck with it.  If I was a kid, id be all over it, such a good opposing force to the GX Jock shit. But, cmon...

BACK OFF THE ZOOM, LADS!

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2020, 06:07:21 AM »
well i liked the hell out of it, has a very nice crew vibe and theyre taking skating not that seriously

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2020, 06:58:39 AM »
  not too shit hot
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2020, 11:24:59 AM »
Made my week. Love these dudes forever.

Bugsytootsie

• Rep: -10
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2020, 12:24:21 PM »
That was awesome. Anyone know what kind of wood Frog uses nowadays? I had bareback one a couple years ago that was excellent but heard they might've switched to PS Stix?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2020, 04:50:54 AM »
I love landing in a Manny.

The mango is the bees knees
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2020, 07:22:46 AM »
Mango turned pro for welcome... he didn’t turn himself pro

Thank you! I have the board to prove it

alecjahr

• Rep: -108
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2020, 07:45:38 AM »
wow a clip of alex olson in a skate video