Author Topic: Heavy allegations against KA  (Read 117463 times)

JamesFardy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Heavy allegations against KA
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2020, 09:10:52 AM »
One step beyond forgiveness

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2020, 09:24:11 AM »
I understand my own opinions on SLAP might be viewed as defensive, problematic, and accusatory. 

When in a long term relationship both parties could be emotionally immature. 

Kook me to death I don't give a fuck but I view this as a situation they should've kept private.
Dueces Bitch's

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2020, 09:26:28 AM »
i remember small amount of people posting about KA fucking up a few years ago. it didn’t get much traction and i can’t remember details, i think it was about rampant cheating. remember thinking it was odd that it didn’t blow up on here at the time.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

bbkksdds

• Rep: 3
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2020, 09:43:07 AM »
Expand Quote
I mean he sounds like a dick, but am I an asshole for not giving a shit about this?
[close]
So we’re just going to cancel KA for losing his cool with words versus violence or sexual assault?!

Yeah emotional abuse is not cool but WE ALL HAVE DONE IT  AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER, if you doubt me then your a liar and fat mouth! 

(look at how many people that get kooked to death and their feelings hurt) because they make a valid point but it falls on deaf ears or eyes in this instance.  You all are guilty half if not more then a 3/4 of people on SLAP as we speak are just trying to find a connection or someone to validate our opinions, but get made fun of or told to focus or whatever jerkass bullying you guy's do.  Karma is a bitch ain't it?!

Yes I applaud anyone speaking out but this seems really petty. Dude’s board’s sales are for a good cause, what more do people want? Drag them down for shit that everyone is or was guilty of doing? 

If anyone really respects their significant other or has any decency when it comes to the sanctity of their bonds together especially having a kid they should both not put their lives on blast. 

To those thinking it's me defending a shitty persons actions NO I'm not I just have different opinion.

Here are some resources to hopefully open your eyes. Domestic violence isn't only just physical or sexual assault. Those two things aren't the standard to judge the seriousness of abuse in a relationship either:

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2020, 09:49:57 AM »
Expand Quote
I mean he sounds like a dick, but am I an asshole for not giving a shit about this?
[close]
So we’re just going to cancel KA for losing his cool with words versus violence or sexual assault?!

Yeah emotional abuse is not cool but WE ALL HAVE DONE IT  AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER, if you doubt me then your a liar and fat mouth! 

What the fuck??? I absolutely have never once treated a significant other like that. Never even a friend and sure I’ve been mad at fiends before but I’ve never been treated that way by anyone and never treated anyone that way

Liar and a fat mouth...well I am fat...
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2020, 09:54:44 AM »
There’s a difference between yelling/arguing/fighting and emotional abuse. I can’t believe this even has to be mentioned.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 57
  • energy vampire
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2020, 10:04:14 AM »
Damn, I used to rock Kenny’s Adios as a teenager.

He seems like a whiny little bitch.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2020, 10:08:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

(look at how many people that get kooked to death and their feelings hurt) because they make a valid point but it falls on deaf ears or eyes in this instance.  You all are guilty half if not more then a 3/4 of people on SLAP as we speak are just trying to find a connection or someone to validate our opinions, but get made fun of or told to focus or whatever jerkass bullying you guy's do.  Karma is a bitch ain't it?!

Yes I applaud anyone speaking out but this seems really petty. Dude’s board’s sales are for a good cause, what more do people want? Drag them down for shit that everyone is or was guilty of doing? 

If anyone really respects their significant other or has any decency when it comes to the sanctity of their bonds together especially having a kid they should both not put their lives on blast. 

To those thinking it's me defending a shitty persons actions NO I'm not I just have different opinion.

You think it's normal in a relationship to chase the woman you love up the stairs, cornering her while smashing a mirror and repeatedly scream into her ears? Calling her a whore? Picking her up and throwing her out of the house?
Are you fucking kidding me?

Although it seems stupid and unsustainable to me, I would agree it seems normal for some relationships to raise voices towards each other or even scream - but a loud fight has a very different character from an abusive one. The line was clearly overstepped by far in the ones described.

Kenny has always been one of my favorite skateboarders but he and anyone with this behavior can fucking burn for this shit. If your partner is worth having a relationship with at all, you should treat them with nothing but love and respect, that goes for arguments as well.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 03:38:07 AM by Deekay »

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2020, 10:17:22 AM »
Disappointing. Will have to change my Kenny line gif. Can't back this.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2020, 10:20:42 AM »
Whoa I did not read that far in to their Instagram story, for that it is my own ignorance to be called out for it

Now mind you we are all guilty of subtle ways of emotional abuse, might I direct you to this https://www.healthline.com/health/signs-of-mental-abuse

You guy's might see my opinions as a shitty reflection of my own vulnerabilities which granted you might be right and I am flawed just like the rest of you guys, but after reading the signs you might want to look at yourself and ask do I do that to? because you might not know you do it.

Dueces Bitch's

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1597
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2020, 10:32:24 AM »
Very shocking to hear the information stated by his ex.

It will be interesting to hear his side of the story.

Let's hope all that turmeric and ginger eliminates his rage and inflammation.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2020, 10:34:13 AM »
Three sides to every story. Hers, his and the truth.
I have no doubt these accusations could be true and probably are but i’d like to know what part she played in all of this.
As most accusations, it’s one side of the story.
Physical abuse is one thing, i’d never put my hands on a women out of anger but i have had to restrain a gf from physically abusing me. I verbally drove her to that point and i knew what i was doing. Was i abusive? Was she?
I say no because it was a volatile relationship that we should not have been in. We are friends now and both acknowledge that was not healthy for us.

That said...abusers are known to be very charming sociopaths and may have gone down like she said.
By no means am i blaming the victim, i need to hear the whole story before making a conclusion.

suckmadeck

• Rep: 28
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2020, 10:34:48 AM »
I can understand why people want to defend Kenny. He's a talented skater, but he's a person first. Reading that post made me feel sick. Reminded me of my childhood and hearing my parents argue. God it was awful. If Kenny is honest about this and ACTUALLY gets help, he'll be ok. If he claims this is all bullshit and lies, well he's pretty much just retired very early.

euro tm

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2020, 10:35:15 AM »
6 years ago i was dating a girl in tampa. one of the nights of tampa am we were at our hotel about to go out to ybor for one of the after parties and we see kenny in the hallway. she knew kenny prior and i’ve met him a handful of times in passing. i had to stop by my friends room on the other side of the hotel but they stayed back to catch up. while i was gone he grabbed her, threw her against the wall and tried to make out with her. she’s a really small girl but knew how to fight. she got out of it and couldn’t tell me until the weekend was over. she was the type of person who didn’t let things get to her easily but i could tell she was pretty distraught the whole time over it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 10:47:19 AM by euro tm »

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2020, 10:37:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just because emotional verbal abuse is rampant, that doesn’t make it more acceptable/ less damaging. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of psychology knows just how scarring it can be, and it sounds like you don’t have the background to make any sort of judgement call about the topic.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2020, 10:40:09 AM »
Whoa I did not read that far in to their Instagram story, for that it is my own ignorance to be called out for it

Now mind you we are all guilty of subtle ways of emotional abuse, might I direct you to this https://www.healthline.com/health/signs-of-mental-abuse

You guy's might see my opinions as a shitty reflection of my own vulnerabilities which granted you might be right and I am flawed just like the rest of you guys, but after reading the signs you might want to look at yourself and ask do I do that to? because you might not know you do it.

Did YOU read the link you directed? Because frankly your judgement is kinda fucked if you wanna point fingers about a subject you can’t be bothered to read a couple paragraphs about. Sounds like you’re the one who could use a step back for some perspective. Take the L, dude.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -41
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2020, 10:46:48 AM »
Emotional abuse can and often is far more damaging than physical abuse.   

This. Abuse is abuse. From what she describes, his patterned behavior displays EVERY classic trait of an emotional abuser. KA 's abuse is pathological and manipulative. It's terrifying how perfect of a mask activism can be for abusers to hide behind while they conduct themselves like monsters in their private lives. I love this man's skating, but he's done.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2020, 10:50:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did YOU read the link you directed? Because frankly your judgement is kinda fucked if you wanna point fingers about a subject you can’t be bothered to read a couple paragraphs about. Sounds like you’re the one who could use a step back for some perspective. Take the L, dude.
I'll gladly take the L wholeheartedly

Does anyone on here look at themselves through an outsiders perspective and evaluate their own judgement?  I do and part of learning mindfulness admitting you might be part of the problem.
Dueces Bitch's

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2020, 10:55:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Does anyone on here look at themselves through an outsiders perspective and evaluate their own judgement?  I do and part of learning mindfulness admitting you might be part of the problem.
We can all be looking at ourselves and going “man I need to work on my behavior in X circumstances” and ALSO say “wow that guy did something fucked up.” Chill with the Jesus routine dude

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2020, 10:57:32 AM »
I’m interested in seeing how this plays out. What does an old pro who’s only had skateboarding as their work history do if their career is cut short by the court of public opinion? Is there any way that Crailtap can spin a redemption story out of this & keep him employed? If I were Kenny and I read this thread, I’d have a knot in my stomach over how my future might come crashing down. I’m not expecting the guys at The Nine Club to report on this either, they seem to give their comrades a wide berth when it comes to who’s past comes back to haunt them in their content.

It just goes to show you that anyone can get touched. No one’s future in skateboarding is guaranteed, and everyone who collects a check from the industry should take note.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2020, 11:00:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
We can all be looking at ourselves and going “man I need to work on my behavior in X circumstances” and ALSO say “wow that guy did something fucked up.” Chill with the Jesus routine dude
I am in no way acting sanctimonious, if anything I'm just as guilty as the rest of you all.  Can we all take a moment to reflect on our own behaviors and see how it can be very abusive? 
Dueces Bitch's

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2020, 11:01:46 AM »
there is something about short, good looking people...
9/11 was a national tragedy

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2020, 11:03:08 AM »
Wow, bad look for KA. Should've been open about some of the verbal abuse he laid on his girlfriend, and just being a shit boyfriend in general.

I am kinda 50/50 on him being aired out like that though. He did apologize and she said it sounded genuine. It didn't seem like he was manipulating her to stay in that relationship either, so I don't really know what's she wants KA to do.

Seems like she felt KA was being a hypocrite (which he was) with that post and didn't like the skate community sucking his dick over it. Suggesting women to do something in 2020 is super lame, but I feel like the mature thing to do would've involved DM'ing him to edit the post before airing his ass out like that just for him to either apologize again or clapback with more drama on his side.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2020, 11:04:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
I am in no way acting sanctimonious, if anything I'm just as guilty as the rest of you all.  Can we all take a moment to reflect on our own behaviors and see how it can be very abusive?
How about we reflect on this and then do that later? Stop trying to change the subject

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2020, 11:13:56 AM »
Getting in arguments with your partner and raising voices is one thing. Man, I even almost threw my hat at my wife once, but I stopped myself because I knew that would cross a line, even though it was just my hat. The stuff that KA is described as doing sounds insidious and gaslighting as hell. Maybe he can get some help and change, and surely that is the hope. But what doesn't need to happen is for a bunch of his worshipers to prop him up and validate his actions.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -41
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2020, 11:18:13 AM »
Should've been open about some of the verbal abuse he laid on his girlfriend, and just being a shit boyfriend in general.

If all of what you've just read equates to him just kind of being a shitty boyfriend in your mind, you're telling on yourself.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2020, 11:22:31 AM »
Wow, bad look for KA. Should've been open about some of the verbal abuse he laid on his girlfriend, and just being a shit boyfriend in general.

I am kinda 50/50 on him being aired out like that though. He did apologize and she said it sounded genuine. It didn't seem like he was manipulating her to stay in that relationship either, so I don't really know what's she wants KA to do.

Seems like she felt KA was being a hypocrite (which he was) with that post and didn't like the skate community sucking his dick over it. Suggesting women to do something in 2020 is super lame, but I feel like the mature thing to do would've involved DM'ing him to edit the post before airing his ass out like that just for him to either apologize again or clapback with more drama on his side.

Not for anything, but it sounds like she’s tried to get it right with multiple visits to couples therapists, and she was still subversively silenced in that setting. Maybe her venting online was a last attempt at finally being heard, without someone trying to manipulatively spin how she feels. Discussing it in advance with him gives him yet another opportunity to coerce her into submission, and it sounds like she’s trying to break that cycle.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2020, 11:30:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Should've been open about some of the verbal abuse he laid on his girlfriend, and just being a shit boyfriend in general.
[close]

If all of what you've just read equates to him just kind of being a shitty boyfriend in your mind, you're telling on yourself.

Can you point to where I said "kind of" or even suggested it?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:37:49 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2020, 11:33:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Emotional abuse can and often is far more damaging than physical abuse.   
[close]

This. Abuse is abuse. From what she describes, his patterned behavior displays EVERY classic trait of an emotional abuser. KA 's abuse is pathological and manipulative. It's terrifying how perfect of a mask activism can be for abusers to hide behind while they conduct themselves like monsters in their private lives. I love this man's skating, but he's done.

boy, i couldn’t disagree more. this would never be as bad as if he gave her black eyes and split lips

you could certainly definitely come back from this

Skate?

• Rep: -37
  • Chopped & Kooked
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2020, 11:34:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What the fuck??? I absolutely have never once treated a significant other like that. Never even a friend and sure I’ve been mad at fiends before but I’ve never been treated that way by anyone and never treated anyone that way

Liar and a fat mouth...well I am fat...
But I have seen you on here bad mouthing someone for having a different opinion then you. And for all we know you could of hurt that person's feeling's. It sounds like a emotional abuse to me. Also, Skate?
Come skate with a black sheep.