Author Topic: Vaping/smoking while skating - how does it affect you?  (Read 2886 times)

OldCandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Vaping/smoking while skating - how does it affect you?
« on: July 25, 2020, 08:26:33 PM »
Curious to know whether or not it helps you skate.

Personally, I get shaky/un-coordinated and its harder to land my tricks/turn
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Wheelbyte

• Rep: -34
Re: Vaping/smoking while skating - how does it affect you?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 11:24:51 PM »
depends on what your skating
and how much you have

longboard surfing is def better but not big wave
and skateboarding just small and flaground
it calms the cns and relaxes in moderation

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 04:31:44 AM »
I smoke weed every day but around skating, not during. Wasn't a heavy smoker (and for the longest time a smoker at all) during my first 15 years of skating, then I gradually got used to skating under the influence, kind of taking that as a new challenge in, or dimension of, the activity. It doesn't throw me off on tricks and I actually feel more in tune with my board (just like I'd feel more in tune with the world high in general). I'm easily amused so just riding around high feels like the best thing in the world to me. I also feel like I'm more connected with the occasional little pains and what my body is generally trying to tell me. What I normally do is get high before skating, then I go skate for hours but I don't bring anything but my board and just ride the high out during the session (maybe toking on the stuff that's occasionally being passed around). That way I don't get too high to the point where I'd get jelly legs or lose coordination, but it takes some experimentation figuring out which extent you can do it to and works best for you. I find warming up high to feel particularly funny too.

PeterSkate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 12:02:34 PM »
From my point of view I dont recommend it.

It throws me off and kills my coordination. I know some people who do it and have a great time with it. I guess it depends on how you react to it.

peptobismol

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 12:05:38 AM »
i just rolled my ankle really bad after getting high af yesterday.

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 08:23:55 AM »
For most people, vaping is not going to harm their health or their ability to stay healthy. I say this because while tobacco products such as cigarettes and cigars cause dozens of different diseases in the human body, vaping is not one of them. In fact, there are many positive aspects vapers can gain from, such as more minor throat irritation, improved breath quality, more energy throughout their day. Just get high-quality products from London Vape Co. They have the best e-liquid and flavors. I never had any problems.

You really created an account just to advertise your brand?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 04:02:42 AM »
Pack a day for 20 years and I can still run
Shoulda been one of those Olympic cunts ffs

Gonna die soon
listen to cosmic psychos

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 03:47:33 PM »
Tolerance and ability are subjective. Maybe that shit ain’t for you playa
big texas cummer

kook1234

• Rep: 132
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 05:28:54 AM »
this sorta thing used to mesmerize me as a kid.  "whoa tom penny did that when he was so faded!!".  It was a challenge at first to skate high.  I dont think it ever helped or hindered my skating.  I got used to it after a while.  now that im older, and possibly skated many times without being under the influence of your drugs, I find it better to skate sober and save getting high after the session.  andymacthisishowigethigh.jpg . I dont care if other people spark up on the session but its very lame to spark up and not skate at all, or spark up and then be like "whoa im so faded!!" and then not skate well.  if you are going to spark up you have to make sure your skating is still on point.

AceBoogie

• Rep: -37
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2023, 08:40:27 AM »
smoking cigarettes while skating makes you look cooler.
but seriously i only vape while skating cause regular cig smoke kills your lungs and takes your wind.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 11:12:42 AM »
but seriously i only vape while skating cause regular cig smoke kills your lungs and takes your wind.

I know back in the 90s and early aughts that they told everyone smoking didn't make you look cool but they were fucking liars. Also makes chicks look way hotter to me.

I honestly feel like I get winded more when I vape flower vs smoking It, it kinda chokes me off and I'm constantly clearing my throat..that's part of why I quit smoking weed a few months ago actually. Smoking cigs is an insta sesh ender for me, so I don't do it unless I know I'm not going to want to skate anymore.

Anyone here chew big fuckin Lenny Dykstra-esque wads of Redman while they skate?

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2023, 11:28:36 PM »
https://www.diamondsupplyco.com/collections/featured/products/diamond-supply-co-disposable-4ml-tropic-thunder

Ahh a delta 8 distillate vape full of god only knows what, just what the skate hardware world has been missing.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2023, 12:18:18 AM »
Dan Drehobl

PapaSquat

• Rep: 2
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2023, 08:28:05 PM »
I was a heavy smoker for a while and now I'm a pretty heavy vaper and I can't do either while skating. I just can't fucking breathe. I can only skate for about an hour straight before my knees hate me and it takes about 15 mins to warm up my lungs. I can usually hold out on the nic for that long. The session officially ends once I get back to my vape tho.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2023, 12:08:03 PM »
if I get warmed up first then smoke some pot it can go well. Sometimes if I'm pissed off at myself while I'm skating and not having a good session, smoking will alleviate my bad mood and will make me chill out and enjoy the ride. Usually if I smoke before going skating I'll be too lazy to want to exert myself. At the end of the day I've had way more good sessions sober than I have high so I usually just opt to smoke afterwards if I'm going to at all.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

ctefromhillbombs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2023, 12:26:59 PM »
It just zones me in. Same with coffee and weed. Skating while drunk is when I end up hurting myself doing stupid shit outside my skill level.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2023, 01:46:26 PM »
Unless I'm fully baked af, it doesn't affect me too much, other than sticking to tricks I already know.

Maybe throw some silly tricks or try a couple I've already been working on, but I'm not gonna try to figure out noseblunts or front crooks while I'm blazed up.

Past that, I'll smoke up before, during, after... a beer or two in there as well.. try and keep a buzz without losing my stance

caked

• Rep: 16
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2023, 04:59:40 PM »
if I get warmed up first then smoke some pot it can go well. Sometimes if I'm pissed off at myself while I'm skating and not having a good session, smoking will alleviate my bad mood and will make me chill out and enjoy the ride. Usually if I smoke before going skating I'll be too lazy to want to exert myself. At the end of the day I've had way more good sessions sober than I have high so I usually just opt to smoke afterwards if I'm going to at all.
this is exactly how I am as well

FandomCereal

• Rep: -8
  • i'm a complete newbie
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2023, 08:03:14 AM »
i have really low tolerance for weed, so i typically smoke after i get home, then just watch tv. the few times i've skated high didn't turn out well, though it was the only time i've ever landed a shuvit. vaping didn't do anything for me.
- the worst skater on the planet DO NOT LISTEN TO MY ADVICE

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2023, 04:51:45 PM »
The only annoying thing about vaping while skating is all the headjobs I have to take from everyone at the skate park

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2023, 10:33:24 AM »
I smoked for 11 years and would smoke while skating and it helped me focus on the trick more by having a cig in my hand while attempting the trick or taking a drag right before, but once I switched to vaping (not advisable) I noticed I can skate longer without needing a break. Used to need to take a break every ten minutes but now I can go without a break for about 30+ minutes

Troubadour26

• Rep: 65
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2023, 03:20:22 PM »
smoking in general is just lame as fuck

masieltimer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2023, 10:22:16 AM »
It's fascinating how these habits can have different impacts on your performance. Smoking seemed to help you focus on tricks, providing a sort of mental boost, while vaping allows you to skate for more extended periods without needing breaks, potentially due to the absence of the physical toll that smoking may have had. It's a reminder of how individual responses can vary when it comes to these habits.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 04:36:11 AM by masieltimer »

vktrvghn

• Rep: 24
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2023, 02:29:20 PM »
if im smoking while im skating i'll usually just end up letting it go out and holding it in my mouth, I dont think that it effects me much either way

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: -5
  • fresh
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2023, 10:48:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know back in the 90s and early aughts that they told everyone smoking didn't make you look cool but they were fucking liars. Also makes chicks look way hotter to me.

I honestly feel like I get winded more when I vape flower vs smoking It, it kinda chokes me off and I'm constantly clearing my throat..that's part of why I quit smoking weed a few months ago actually. Smoking cigs is an insta sesh ender for me, so I don't do it unless I know I'm not going to want to skate anymore.

Anyone here chew big fuckin Lenny Dykstra-esque wads of Redman while they skate?
women who smoke are hot i agree. unless they old.
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

PaulHarwood856

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2023, 02:12:37 PM »
When I vape and skate, I've noticed it matters how much nicotine is in the vape. I used to use vapes with a lot of nicotine, and it made me feel shaky and messed up my skating. I couldn't do my tricks right and wasn't as steady.

So, I tried using vapes with less nicotine. Now, I use these Elf Bars from https://nexussmoke.com/ that have only 2% nicotine. It's been a lot better for me. I don't feel as shaky, and I can skate and do my tricks way better, almost like when I don't vape at all. Having less nicotine helps me stay more focused and balanced while I'm skating.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 12:07:56 PM by PaulHarwood856 »