Author Topic: your kitty cat thread.  (Read 31379 times)

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: your kitty cat thread.
« Reply #270 on: May 22, 2019, 05:32:31 PM »
I was never into cats at all, but 4 years ago a small litter of feral cats started hanging around my apartment building. It started off innocently enough just giving them names and feeding them a can of tuna here and there. After a few months more cats showed up, then one set up shop and had babies on my porch, and then I was feeding them every morning and night, and before I knew it the total population of regulars had grown to almost 20 feral cats. So my girlfriend and I decided to get TNR (Trap, Neuter, and Release) certified to help control the population. We ended up trapping almost every cat, getting them neutered at the Humane Society where they were also given important health shots like the rabies vaccine, then brought them back to our building to continue living their lives as they had before. We have now taken in several of them as pets and gotten many of the others adopted.

Anyway, here's a few pics of the ones we've taken in:
Rocky, Rigby, Prince

Drama

Prince

Pea

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #271 on: May 22, 2019, 05:44:33 PM »
And here's some of the feral cats that still hang out around the building or that have been adopted.

Haze

Fred

Edi and her kittens

Basket of Kittens

Kitten in a slipper

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #272 on: May 22, 2019, 05:49:59 PM »
Thats fucking rad Sidewalk!

I had 8 cats growing up but was never a huge fan of them, always more of a dog person. Then I let a friend of mine move in who had a dog and a indoor/outdoor cat. When he left he didnt bother taking the cat so I adopted her. She can be a bit much at times and she pisses herself when she falls asleep but I kinda like having her around. He fed her dog food for 6+ years so now she gets the best cat food I can afford along with 1+ oz of wet food since apparently you shouldn’t feed cats strictly dry food.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
« Reply #273 on: May 23, 2019, 12:44:23 AM »
Sidewalk that is really fucking cool of you. I wish my cat wasn't such a drama queen so we could adopt another.

element4life

• Rep: 7
« Reply #274 on: May 23, 2019, 01:43:52 AM »
i got 2 cats and they are bad all the time

pauline_handsome

• Rep: 2
« Reply #275 on: June 15, 2019, 09:15:05 PM »
Sidewalk that's really great what you've done. Many props to you.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #276 on: June 16, 2019, 07:47:55 AM »

delaware county

• Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2019, 01:57:31 PM »
i got 2 cats and they are bad all the time

same here

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2019, 01:18:42 PM »
lil Gozer:

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2019, 06:50:14 PM »
This is Fruitloop :)

When I was in my last college house we found her hanging out in our yard for awhile. Finding cats hanging around our town is fairly normal, but she was spayed, declawed and very docile, unlike most of the other cats we encountered. We brought her in and tried to find her owner to no avail. Shitty thing about college towns is that it's not uncommon for cats to get straight up abandoned, so five years later we're still pals. <3

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
« Reply #280 on: June 20, 2019, 02:33:11 PM »
Again declawed,  dude I'm glad you took her in and she has a forever home. Why people declaw cats is beyond me, makes me furious thinking about it, let alone abandoning a cat that you paid to mutilated.
Would gnar dude if could. Fruitloop is a great name also.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2019, 03:20:55 PM »
Yeah, I found out sorta late in life how cats are actually declawed and it definitely mortified me. It's crazy how common it is given how fucked of a procedure it actually is. Like I said, the fact that she didn't have front claws is a big reason why I brought her inside in the first place, cuz she clearly didn't belong outside on her own.

lesserredpanda

• Rep: 15
« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2019, 05:45:13 PM »
Ty died last June

Looks like a great cat. I got a half Himalayan half Siamese cat and she's super smart but bossy. Heard straight Siamese cats are real brainy cats.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #283 on: June 23, 2019, 07:25:07 PM »
My angel:

This summer I want to start taking him out to this little park on my block.
Any good advice or tips, on introducing & acclimating indoor cats to being outside?
Also, cat leash recommendations would be appreciated too.

pauline_handsome

• Rep: 2
« Reply #284 on: June 23, 2019, 09:39:48 PM »
Hi Childhood, I use a 'Rogz' leash and collar for my cat when we are outside, we live on a really busy road and he is an incredibly stupid cat. He knocked himself out twice trying to jump a fence before he even turned 1.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #285 on: July 25, 2020, 05:39:40 PM »

please pardon the ultra-bump

having a very shitty mental health day, so I thought what better to chase down the medicine than sharing kitty goodness with some shalomies 8) this is my best friend Link !

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #286 on: July 26, 2020, 06:53:34 AM »

Oh my I love this thread. I'll post Hanzo, chocolate, and Mr pants later.

This is Missy she thinks I'm the greatest thing on the planet.

As I was sobbing in my coffee about the long rant I wrote and deleted Hanzo arrived. I've likely posted Hanzo before.

He and his sister Sayuri we found in a basement.
My ex-girlfriend was like we're taking both. I was doing well financially so I said fuck it.

deleted another long cry baby rant.

I saved these cats like all by accident.

I had 5 cats at once with a like way too many of other Abandoned or Abused animals at the same time.
From a Red Nose Pitbulls who was named after Racist character from an old Australian movie. We came up with "Rondo" that was his new name. Pissed that Nazi off. Fuck that guy I Took your fucking dog suckah. Now they are trained and with punks too. Fuck Romperstomper and fuck you too.

...to a Chilean Rose Tarantula and oh Man that sucked. I'm scared to death of spiders. Gotta rock eye protection with "Boris" she was a good spider though. It took like 9 years to find a house for that spider. They can live to be like 25 I think. That's a fucking commitment.

I heard they're all over LA now. People just give up and let them go be a spider. Not possible in Massachusetts. I give a fuck about all living beings. I'm not condemning a spider who should not be a pet to death because I'm frightened of it.

I'll leave this rant

Sometimes I would think that people would go get a pet thinking hey Ass Flea he's got my back if I fail with this life I'm taking responsiblity for.. sigh...

I'm likely the most depressing PAL ever. I better go do a positive one.

I'm sorry PALs
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)