Author Topic: Versace Plug (Hyun Kummer) on Primitive?  (Read 18020 times)

fs180

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -267
Re: Versace Plug (Hyun Kummer) on Primitive?
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2020, 01:46:16 AM »
in my opinion hes pretty damn good and everbody should try to relax their body while doing tricks. ive realized when i was younger that i learn to do lots of tricks when i just act like a pro doing it if that makes sense. just trying to not overthink it, but my feet and my body like a pro would and leave my body relaxed.
i dont think its faking your style, what style is even natural? like a natural heat kichard andrew reynolds esque style?
its really easier to do tricks that way thats why you see people doing yo flips.
i also think learning yo flips will give you a better board feel skating street and you can build doing your tricks the right way around that (not doing them anymore, just when i was a kid and i had a pretty good flat ground and wouldnt care what older people would think of it)
otherwise i dont think we would see people doing fs 360 shovits or treflips down massive gaps. the front foot catch.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -482
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2020, 01:54:04 AM »
I don’t get the hype. Why is he special?
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 336
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2020, 02:00:20 AM »
Always enjoyed this dude’s skating.
He’s Penny-esque in his style, and I don’t say that lightly.

He's not even close to Penny.

The only people for me that came close to that relaxed nonchalant style have been William Phan, and early 2000's Appleyard.

fs180

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2020, 02:13:17 AM »
but i understand the hate. hes the perfect opposite of the 30 year old almost retired skateboarder that fetishizes the perfectly normal fitting pant leg doing only ollies and kickflips. maybe bs 180 manuals. skating like a man you know.

Danny Gay

• Rep: -2
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2020, 02:34:20 AM »
Dude only loves jumping down stairs/gaps and thats sick if you’re 15yrs old, but for me theres little to no style and grace in his skating.

Technique

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2020, 02:47:15 AM »
He’s cool and skates really well, so stop kidding yourself.
Every single one of you bitching would probably feel embarrassed if you met him irl.

sKINGraft

• Rep: 28
  • space doo-doo pistols
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2020, 03:37:13 AM »
in my opinion hes pretty damn good and everbody should try to relax their body while doing tricks. ive realized when i was younger that i learn to do lots of tricks when i just act like a pro doing it if that makes sense. just trying to not overthink it, but my feet and my body like a pro would and leave my body relaxed.
i dont think its faking your style, what style is even natural? like a natural heat kichard andrew reynolds esque style?
its really easier to do tricks that way thats why you see people doing yo flips.
i also think learning yo flips will give you a better board feel skating street and you can build doing your tricks the right way around that (not doing them anymore, just when i was a kid and i had a pretty good flat ground and wouldnt care what older people would think of it)
otherwise i dont think we would see people doing fs 360 shovits or treflips down massive gaps. the front foot catch.

interesting take

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2020, 05:08:43 AM »
So none of you hating saw this huh?

No. We did. We just immediately forgot about it, just like his Thrasher part.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2020, 08:30:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No. We did. We just immediately forgot about it, just like his Thrasher part.

When his Thrasher part dropped didn't Slap not shut the fuck up about it for a good minute?
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2020, 08:33:08 AM »
Talked about for like a week and then moved on. Which isn’t a long time at all. It got like 3/4 pages worth of discussion (thanks updated Slap for showing the threads at the bottom of the page, which made this a lot easier to check).

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2020, 09:15:19 AM »
Sorry gods but this dude is fucking nuts at skateboarding and that Flytecc video was insane. He may not be everyones cup of tea but if you like good skateboarding and are not just stuck on thinking there will be nothing better than Mouse (that vid is all time but stop refusing evolution) you can at least acknowledge the dudes skill and style.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2020, 09:31:55 AM »
He's good at the tricks  he does except he basically is doing 75% of the same ones just at different spots in every part. He's not in same stratosphere as Miles Silvas at skating.

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2020, 09:33:15 AM »
Versace Plug’s brother should be more famous than him.  Dude has better style, trick selection, editing, etc.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2020, 09:38:17 AM »
He's good at the tricks  he does except he basically is doing 75% of the same ones just at different spots in every part. He's not in same stratosphere as Miles Silvas at skating.

if youre referring to me, then thats not what i said. i just wanted to recite someone on here saying miles silvas was faking his style while doing a fucking switch back heel at wallenberg. same logic with hyun kummer. i

Hombreezy

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2020, 09:39:54 AM »
This the dude that was crying about the nine club a few months back for clout?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2020, 09:40:02 AM »
Comparing this guy to Tom Penny is criminal

Every single one of you bitching would probably feel embarrassed if you met him irl.

I would probably be a bit embarrassed to meet him, yes
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »
I just want to say that this kid is THE shit, like I do in every thread about him.

It's sad that careerist boomers try and put him in that "instagram skater" box. I think he's one of the most exciting dudes out, period, regardless of the medium he chooses.

I can say this cos I'm 34: if you dismiss this dude you ARE old and out of touch and need to get back to practicing static kickflips in your OG accels and 7.5 board.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2020, 10:42:44 AM »

What was that at 1:07? Can’t figure it out

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2020, 10:51:11 AM »
It's sick to see so many dudes from outside the US get noticed and able to hang onto some of it. Whatever happened to Lem? He was sick too.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2020, 10:55:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nollie bigspin either accidentally or done terribly on purpose to make you sick
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

V.I. Lenin

• Rep: -12
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2020, 11:14:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Nollie bs bigspin

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2020, 11:15:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Nollie bigspin either accidentally or done terribly on purpose to make you sick
Crazy. Looked like he was hippie jumping an imaginary bar

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2020, 11:40:27 AM »
Expand Quote
I just want to say that this kid is THE shit, like I do in every thread about him.

It's sad that careerist boomers try and put him in that "instagram skater" box. I think he's one of the most exciting dudes out, period, regardless of the medium he chooses.
[close]

I can say this cos I'm 34: if you dismiss this dude you ARE old and out of touch and need to get back to practicing static kickflips in your OG accels and 7.5 board.

I feel personally attacked by this. But I use accel slims and 7.625 so I'm in the clear.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2020, 11:57:08 AM »

Ok VersacePlug

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2020, 01:02:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The only people for me that came close to that relaxed nonchalant style have been William Phan, and early 2000's Appleyard.

Two great skaters but neither are remotely reminiscent of Penny. Weird take honestly.
Appleyard is such a solid and clean skater, not loose at all.
William Phan skated slow and tic tac’ed.
Also neither of them even have the same bag of tricks.

Penny was asleep at the wheel, much like our boy V. Plug.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Technique

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2020, 01:04:17 PM »
Comparing this guy to Tom Penny is criminal

Expand Quote
[close]

I would probably be a bit embarrassed to meet him, yes

Current Hyun Kummer is like a thousand times more talented and able than current Tom Penny, who is somehow still sponsored. The only person in skateboarding who was able to stretch a 5-year phenomenal career into a lifetime of milking it.
That being said, I don’t see how different they are. Even in his prime all Penny did was basically 10-15 same tricks down gaps and on transition. It seems like both of them are equally consistent at them and look good doing them. So once again, don’t see that much difference here.
Embarrassed why? Because you wouldn’t be able to hang? Because you’re not even close to being as good as anybody in the flytecc edit? You can say that’s not why you’d be embarrassed, but you know that what I said is still true.

fs180

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2020, 01:27:32 PM »
i know i will get shit for saying this, but
bet penny couldnt do some of those tricks he does vice versa
if penny did the switch flip at the berlin double set yall would be on his dick so bad
but because he came up on instagram, a platform some of you feel to old for, like tiktok for me personally, you want to talk down on his skill set? doesnt make sense to me. 
if this was filmed on vx and came 10-20 years earlier im sure it would be a total different story.
and for those saying he does the same tricks over and over: he didnt do a single trick twice in his flytecc section.
he switch hardflipped the berlin 8 that i was too scared to ollie after 16 years of skating.
also fakie flipped it. nollie flip. nollie heel. nollie bs heel. nollie bs flip.
and all of those are properly popped and not some american skatepark prodigy nick holt bullshit.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2020, 01:38:12 PM »
i know i will get shit for saying this, but
bet penny couldnt do some of those tricks he does vice versa
if penny did the switch flip at the berlin double set yall would be on his dick so bad
but because he came up on instagram, a platform some of you feel to old for, like tiktok for me personally, you want to talk down on his skill set? doesnt make sense to me. 
if this was filmed on vx and came 10-20 years earlier im sure it would be a total different story.
and for those saying he does the same tricks over and over: he didnt do a single trick twice in his flytecc section.
he switch hardflipped the berlin 8 that i was too scared to ollie after 16 years of skating.
also fakie flipped it. nollie flip. nollie heel. nollie bs heel. nollie bs flip.
and all of those are properly popped and not some american skatepark prodigy nick holt bullshit.
Penny definitely switch flipped some big stuff back in the day and he definitely had a big bag of tricks. I’m from SoCal and I’ve seen lots of pros around and honestly no one has ever been that far ahead of the game as he was when I saw him skate in 1995. But that being said this kid is good. No need to overstate it. Also Instagram is fine. Who cares

Hombreezy

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2020, 02:07:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Two great skaters but neither are remotely reminiscent of Penny. Weird take honestly.
Appleyard is such a solid and clean skater, not loose at all.
William Phan skated slow and tic tac’ed.
Also neither of them even have the same bag of tricks.

Penny was asleep at the wheel, much like our boy V. Plug.
How dare you say anything bad about lord Phan

ChromeballAccident

• Rep: 5
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2020, 02:30:35 PM »
I’d like to see a shared part w Gio!