Author Topic: Versace Plug (Hyun Kummer) on Primitive?  (Read 17876 times)

sus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
Re: Versace Plug (Hyun Kummer) on Primitive?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2020, 04:05:09 PM »
He said he doesn’t do sponsors

/thread

he said that to Torey Pudwill when being asked to ride for Thank You, i don't think a lot of people would want to ride for that brand unfortunately

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2020, 05:06:33 PM »
Expand Quote

/thread
[close]

he said that to Torey Pudwill when being asked to ride for Thank You, i don't think a lot of people would want to ride for that brand unfortunately

Has anybody seen a Thank You board in a shop?

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2020, 05:16:16 PM »
Back in the day me and my boys would buy all the flavors of airheads, put them on a paper plate and microwave them for 45 seconds. It would turn into this tie dye gooey mush that we would all pass around like a blunt/joint, it was pretty good we called it AirHead Casserole.

Who’s Versace Plug?

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2020, 06:48:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Always enjoyed this dude’s skating.
He’s Penny-esque in his style, and I don’t say that lightly.
[close]

He's not even close to Penny.

The only people for me that came close to that relaxed nonchalant style have been William Phan, and early 2000's Appleyard.
[close]

Two great skaters but neither are remotely reminiscent of Penny. Weird take honestly.
Appleyard is such a solid and clean skater, not loose at all.
William Phan skated slow and tic tac’ed.
Also neither of them even have the same bag of tricks.

Penny was asleep at the wheel, much like our boy V. Plug.
Versace gives me Penny vibes too,  and so did Antwuan!

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2020, 07:14:50 PM »
Expand Quote

/thread
[close]

"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2020, 08:45:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just want to say that this kid is THE shit, like I do in every thread about him.

It's sad that careerist boomers try and put him in that "instagram skater" box. I think he's one of the most exciting dudes out, period, regardless of the medium he chooses.
[close]

Explain what he does that’s exciting. I find him very underwhelming considering the hype.
[close]

Have you scrolled his instagram lately? the dude is skating 4 blocks like it's a curb. skates that berlin double set like it's his local skatepark 5 stair. doing the craziest shit on a tuesday or whatever, shit that would be in the last minute of most legacy pros thrasher parts, and dropping it straight on instagram. Plus, his flip tricks are done so lazily and he's legitimately doing some tricks nobody is doing.

In summary, going huge while still being creative and having the most laid back style.

If he was just doing no comply variations or skating Venice park i would agree there's not much here. but this dude is in the streets and risking life and limb but looking like he's not even trying. idk how people can write him off
[close]

No way in hell is he risking life and limb and his “laid back style” is the most forced ever. He’s super talented for sure but there are plenty of better skaters.

If you can "force style" on giant doubles and gaps then more power to him.  He's not an instagram park skater so get that out here. 

Think of this way, when I was younger wearing skinny jeans and striped shirts was kooky.  That's how i look at this whole 90s revival look with skaters, they are just kooky skaters and that's why skating is great.  It allows you to be kooky, so lighten up there would you.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2020, 09:23:58 AM »
its not even kooky. its celebrating life and youth culture. its like dancing and having fun.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2020, 10:07:47 AM »
its not even kooky. its celebrating life and youth culture. its like dancing and having fun.

this is amazing.  you have moved my Versace Plurometer from mild indifference to pleasant indifference.

edit: love it so much i sig'd it.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

fs180

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2020, 11:00:48 AM »
im skating since 2002. ive been on my highest skill level 5 years ago and since then i havent learned that many new tricks and skate like once a month. im trying to find joy in other things than skating, it makes me enjoy watching skateboarding again from a different point of view.
i dont freak out when i dont land a trick. i dont get mad at people trying to look like skateboarders.
i dont hate good skateboarders with bad styles.
but what i do hate are dogged skateboarders that never had their time, boring as shit to look at because they are so normal and full of hate because nobody ever gave them recognition and a hug.

i know you are making fun of my comment but english isnt my first language and i meant it how i said it.
whenever i see people skate its like dancing to me plus raw youth culture. the clothing. the trends. its what makes it stick in my brain after all those years. without it it would be like some white people sport like bouldering or biking.

taking it back to topic.
hyun to me is the definition of youth right now.
his crew doesnt seem like the BRO CALIFORNIA BLOND WHITE GRILS SPEED AND BREW posse like
so many other crews in skateboarding. he knows whats cool, has interesst in different thing besides skating which you can see in his style. he's like a skating anime character and it appeals to other kids in europe and around the world.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:09:42 AM by fs180 »

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2020, 11:14:01 AM »
I do get the Instagram skaters hate, is normal for some of our generation, but this guys doesn´t bother me at all, not my fav, not looking forward his next part or something but he skate very well. Also I rather see him skating than other instagram/berrics/youtube sensation like the stanceless guy from venice or those youtubers that  cries because thrasher wont let the advertise their brand or post their videos full or skatepark tricks in it.

IDK

If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2020, 12:12:50 PM »

i know you are making fun of my comment but english isnt my first language and i meant it how i said it.

i promise you that i was not making fun your comment. i honestly loved it.  reading it was like walking through a small park in a busy city. i really do think that comment is amazing.  i don't bully nice people and  i dont want you feel like i'm bullying you. if you want me to remove it from my signature just say the word (you can dm me) and i will.  but i swear that any joy i took from your comment was out of love for it.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

fs180

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2020, 12:45:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i promise you that i was not making fun your comment. i honestly loved it.  reading it was like walking through a small park in a busy city. i really do think that comment is amazing.  i don't bully nice people and  i dont want you feel like i'm bullying you. if you want me to remove it from my signature just say the word (you can dm me) and i will.  but i swear that any joy i took from your comment was out of love for it.

I love you too

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2020, 03:40:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just want to say that this kid is THE shit, like I do in every thread about him.

It's sad that careerist boomers try and put him in that "instagram skater" box. I think he's one of the most exciting dudes out, period, regardless of the medium he chooses.
[close]

Explain what he does that’s exciting. I find him very underwhelming considering the hype.
[close]

Have you scrolled his instagram lately? the dude is skating 4 blocks like it's a curb. skates that berlin double set like it's his local skatepark 5 stair. doing the craziest shit on a tuesday or whatever, shit that would be in the last minute of most legacy pros thrasher parts, and dropping it straight on instagram. Plus, his flip tricks are done so lazily and he's legitimately doing some tricks nobody is doing.

In summary, going huge while still being creative and having the most laid back style.

If he was just doing no comply variations or skating Venice park i would agree there's not much here. but this dude is in the streets and risking life and limb but looking like he's not even trying. idk how people can write him off
[close]

No way in hell is he risking life and limb and his “laid back style” is the most forced ever. He’s super talented for sure but there are plenty of better skaters.
[close]

If you can "force style" on giant doubles and gaps then more power to him.  He's not an instagram park skater so get that out here. 

Think of this way, when I was younger wearing skinny jeans and striped shirts was kooky.  That's how i look at this whole 90s revival look with skaters, they are just kooky skaters and that's why skating is great.  It allows you to be kooky, so lighten up there would you.

You’re going to tell me this shit isn’t fake?

http://www.instagram.com/p/BcxeI7OA-3S/?igshid=zk77qm61d7rw

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2020, 05:33:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Your going to tell me you take airport skating seriously? Do you even skate?

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2020, 06:12:00 PM »
So none of you hating saw this huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9y3vUkzNIc

im gonna watch this a few times and log off of slap. feels good
I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2020, 09:39:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No. I just post this much because I have nothing else going on in my life.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2020, 10:50:47 PM »
instagram skater. sic

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2020, 11:31:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

No. I just post this much because I have nothing else going on in my life.
lol at that "evidence", you can say he fakes it, fair enough, i think it is unlikely given the "forcing" arguemnt on big stuff, but this as an example? of course that is faked... have you never fucked around flat ground? even dime has a whole challenge about faking stuff, its fun. as fun it is not to be taken seriously

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2020, 11:48:18 PM »
I'm not a fan of this dude.  He is talented, but so is Jagger Eaton who is beyond lame.

Simply being good at the physical act of skateboarding doesn't make someone a good skater.

I think my biggest issue is simply his image, which doesn't really appeal to me. His terrible (un-ironic?) nickname and his image seem to be based in superficial conspicuous consumption.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Squidbeeksmuth

• Rep: -297
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2020, 01:12:14 AM »
I'm not a fan of this dude.  He is talented, but so is Jagger Eaton who is beyond lame.

Simply being good at the physical act of skateboarding doesn't make someone a good skater.

I think my biggest issue is simply his image, which doesn't really appeal to me. His terrible (un-ironic?) nickname and his image seem to be based in superficial conspicuous consumption.
Just gotta say you're trying way to hard to sound smart and sophisticated on here latley. We need to run a counter on the word 'simply' on all your posts, I bet the word simply is in the 100's.

But whatever all that lol, you cannot confuse swag for talent I deff draw a line in the sand between those two. Like Jagger's talent is actually being a 'good' skateboarder and Versacegang or whatever is having swag, drip, handssdown steez, ankletwerkz, Versace squad style landings, making a mob nollie flip look lit. Ya know shit like that
"get fucked, racist red pill incel scum" - Nice lil outrage bro, 4 more years

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2020, 02:36:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
that's a train station. do you even train conductor?

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2020, 11:14:01 AM »
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

Jimmy The Saint

• Rep: 11
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2020, 03:07:15 PM »
Expand Quote
No way in hell is he risking life and limb
[close]

He's jumping down big shit man. That Kulturforum is a 4 flat 3 and he's skating that constantly.

Expand Quote
“laid back style” is the most forced ever
[close]

I think you just don't like it, so you call it forced. That's fair. But I think he actually skates like that.

Besides, even if he is forcing it, i think it looks fucking great that he basically does not engage his arms above his shoulders. He's a good faker if he can keep up the "act" going backside down a 4-flat-3.

Expand Quote
He’s super talented for sure but there are plenty of better skaters.
[close]

Yeah I agree, nyjah is "better" than him. My point was never that he was the "best" (whatever the fuck that means), but rather that he gets put in an "novelty instagram skater" box by old people when he shouldn't be.
Totally agree with you, man. I'm an older skater and i dig seeing his clips. I think his laid back style is exciting. 
"Give it a name."

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2020, 07:57:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No way in hell is he risking life and limb
[close]

He's jumping down big shit man. That Kulturforum is a 4 flat 3 and he's skating that constantly.

Expand Quote
“laid back style” is the most forced ever
[close]

I think you just don't like it, so you call it forced. That's fair. But I think he actually skates like that.

Besides, even if he is forcing it, i think it looks fucking great that he basically does not engage his arms above his shoulders. He's a good faker if he can keep up the "act" going backside down a 4-flat-3.

Expand Quote
He’s super talented for sure but there are plenty of better skaters.
[close]

Yeah I agree, nyjah is "better" than him. My point was never that he was the "best" (whatever the fuck that means), but rather that he gets put in an "novelty instagram skater" box by old people when he shouldn't be.
[close]
Totally agree with you, man. I'm an older skater and i dig seeing his clips. I think his laid back style is exciting.
Same, his style is refreshing to watch. His flytecc part is one of the clips i watch to get hyped to skate. Dude rips

Mother Goose.

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2020, 08:11:45 PM »
:25 of that flytecc clip. manny busters?

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2020, 01:17:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He has been skate primitive boards like a year now. What this dude do for living? Or did he get paid for skating?
[close]

Korean old money. Rich parents.
[close]

+1. he flips his board too much and uses too much rap music in his edits. I don't like it when young people skate way better than me. it makes me feel angry and jealous. he must come from a rich family who paid for a coach to make him good at skateboarding. these people are ruining skating for fat old guys like me who don't really skate but like to collect iron cross stuff.
[close]

"too much rap music" LMFAOO YOUR COVERT RACISM IS SHOWING BRO WHAT ARE YOU, 40? you're probably one of those dudes who wishes everyone skated to morrissey or some weak shit like that lol
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2020, 02:57:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I love you too

This was a very nice moment and it made me feel good. This is some of that positivity we need in here

Hombreezy

« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2020, 03:20:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He has been skate primitive boards like a year now. What this dude do for living? Or did he get paid for skating?
[close]

Korean old money. Rich parents.
[close]

+1. he flips his board too much and uses too much rap music in his edits. I don't like it when young people skate way better than me. it makes me feel angry and jealous. he must come from a rich family who paid for a coach to make him good at skateboarding. these people are ruining skating for fat old guys like me who don't really skate but like to collect iron cross stuff.
[close]
[close]

"too much rap music" LMFAOO YOUR COVERT RACISM IS SHOWING BRO WHAT ARE YOU, 40? you're probably one of those dudes who wishes everyone skated to morrissey or some weak shit like that lol
Haven’t laughed this hard at slap in a minute, thankyou. Shalom and jah bless

quarterpound

• Rep: 14
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2020, 04:18:18 PM »
I like the way this kid skates.  Not my favorite but he’s plenty good enough to legitimize ig skating.  I just think he looks like a tool even pretending to like not only Versace - overrated af but actually got some decent designs as well - but fucking LV is the fucking line man.  LV hav never made one good looking *anything* ever.  So I’ll watch this guy but I’ll never in a million years rep him.  Wear something that’s actually cool, clever or nice, not some bullshit wannabe upwardly mobile pleather trash.  Every time LV puts that logo on some plastic wallet they are laughing so hard at anyone who would buy it.  And then, if you have the $$Ks to spend they ruin perfectly good leather with that same tramp stamp logo.  Piffle.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2020, 04:25:48 PM »
Just gotta say you're trying way to too hard to sound smart and sophisticated on here latley. We need to run a counter on the word 'simply' on all your posts, I bet the word simply is in the 100's.

But whatever all that lol, you cannot confuse swag for talent I deff draw a line in the sand between those two. Like Jagger's talent is actually being a 'good' skateboarder and Versacegang or whatever is having swag, drip, handssdown steez, ankletwerkz, Versace squad style landings, making a mob nollie flip look lit. Ya know shit like that

I got you dude.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.