Author Topic: Flatground challenges?  (Read 444 times)

MorningSesh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 75
Flatground challenges?
« on: February 20, 2024, 09:37:53 AM »
I’ve been day dreaming at work about working on some flatground lately. I’ve been thinking about random challenges like seeing how consistent I can get with a fliptrick and what not.

Yall ever come up with some random flatground challenges for yourself or the homies? Also, if anyone has tried seeing how many kickflips, or any fliptrick, they can do in a row. What’s your record?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • a short part avatar image
Re: Flatground challenges?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 11:19:43 AM »
The clockwork "rule"

All rotations go in the same direction. Meaning, after a Bs 180 you can only do 2 rotations. sw fs 180 or bs halfcab.

If I want to do a fs halfcab (which I do often ;) I have to do a fs 180 (no comply) or learn proper nollie fs 180s.

The tricks only count if they are popped well, you ride away clean and don't have to push in between.

If you apply the clockwork "rule" to 180s and shuv its alone, you can skate flatground for hours.

4 tricks in a line without pushing is another fun one.

I don't like doing the same trick back to back, except for the no popped shuvs. Those are fun. But only two in a row, I think it would look a bit strange if you do like 20 kickflips in a row, but that's just my opinion.

Another fun one.
You know in parking lots, they have these stripes on the floor, like where you have to park the car? Ollie over them. That's the quick ollie challenge.
IG: @flowterspace

overwaxed

• Rep: 90
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 02:02:43 PM »
yep! see 2 threads below for background, but for the first time in 28 years of skating I'm in 'training mode'. Today I did 10 ollies, 10 f/s 180's, and 10 half cabs. Planning to step this up daily.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • sup dog
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 03:53:57 PM »
Manuals and nose manuals for whatever pre-determined distance I feel like that day (crack to crack, line to line, etc.)

Still can’t pop into nose manuals for shit, but if I could, oh boy would they go forever.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 05:46:01 PM »
Used to do 5 consecutive kick flips every session. Then once I’d learn something new 5 in a row on whatever it was. Definitely helps get shit dialed but frustrating as hell on an off day.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 01:22:27 AM »
we used to play skate but you had to do a kickflip straight after your trick on every trick done, if you missed the kickflip after a front shuv say, the front shuv is not a make.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 03:18:34 AM »
20 kickflips in a row
20 heelflips in a row
land every flatground trick in your trick bag back to back, no misses
bigspin straight 8
SKATE but you have to land the trick three times consecutively to set, and to match.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 05:35:25 AM »
20 kickflips in a row
20 heelflips in a row
land every flatground trick in your trick bag back to back, no misses
bigspin straight 8
SKATE but you have to land the trick three times consecutively to set, and to match.

That could possibly turn into the longest game of skate ever. ^^ But I like the idea.
IG: @flowterspace

MorningSesh

• Rep: 75
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2024, 08:22:47 AM »
The clockwork "rule"

All rotations go in the same direction. Meaning, after a Bs 180 you can only do 2 rotations. sw fs 180 or bs halfcab.

If I want to do a fs halfcab (which I do often ;) I have to do a fs 180 (no comply) or learn proper nollie fs 180s.

The tricks only count if they are popped well, you ride away clean and don't have to push in between.

If you apply the clockwork "rule" to 180s and shuv its alone, you can skate flatground for hours.

4 tricks in a line without pushing is another fun one.

I don't like doing the same trick back to back, except for the no popped shuvs. Those are fun. But only two in a row, I think it would look a bit strange if you do like 20 kickflips in a row, but that's just my opinion.

Another fun one.
You know in parking lots, they have these stripes on the floor, like where you have to park the car? Ollie over them. That's the quick ollie challenge.
The clockwork rule sounds like a good one for warming up sometimes. The last session I tried doing no push lines and it was definitely harder than I expected where I would lose all speed after the second trick. Fun regardless but takes some patience for sure

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2024, 10:16:46 PM »
Shuv challenge is a good basic warm up. Do all the shuvs regular, switch, nollie and fakie. Then have a fun lil sesh

Dojsha Abuser

• Rep: -25
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 12:11:59 AM »
me and my homie had this 100 kickflips in a row challenge.

challenge completed.

it was a shit show for the shoes tho.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2024, 12:28:26 PM »
Shuv challenge is a good basic warm up. Do all the shuvs regular, switch, nollie and fakie. Then have a fun lil sesh

This is how I start every session. If I don't do all the shoves I usually have a miserable session. I filmed it once when skating flat on a massive cruiser board that had oj keyframes which I want another pair. Great cruiser board wheel.

Doing this gets my legs warmed up. It also made me realize I love fakie front shoves.