Author Topic: Your skateboarding pet peeves?  (Read 27202 times)

smooth-T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • Eat dat shrimp
Re: Your skateboarding pet peeves?
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2022, 03:51:35 AM »
People over the age of 21 that still say, "buttery," when describing anything skate-related. Hearing that shit gives me secondhand embarrassment.
The Strobek face-zoom is also unforgivable.

Totally agree on the Strobeck shit, can't stand it when new/young filmers zoom the shit out of the videos. Most of the time you can't even see the tricks (and if you can see the trick then it is from a shitty angle) and they can't even get the zoom right most of the time. Strobek himself annoys me as well but its not as bad as the wannabe kids that do it.

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2022, 04:31:48 AM »
Expand Quote
People over the age of 21 that still say, "buttery," when describing anything skate-related. Hearing that shit gives me secondhand embarrassment.
[close]

Totally agree on the Strobeck shit, can't stand it when new/young filmers zoom the shit out of the videos. Most of the time you can't even see the tricks (and if you can see the trick then it is from a shitty angle) and they can't even get the zoom right most of the time. Strobek himself annoys me as well but its not as bad as the wannabe kids that do it.

Yea I have seen many sick tricks ruined by this garbage! Hated the new supreme jawn too cuz the filming.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2022, 04:33:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

2:40 might be the worst filmed zoom missed the actual spot trick of all time. He does a drop Smith earlier in the part too that might of been over a death drop but looks like it could also be 3 inches high https://youtu.be/xDopBsImnzg

Other pet peeve in videos in pretty much any pedestrian interaction. Ok so the skater fucked up and ran into someone that already is shitty but (hopefully) an accident but why then put it in the actual video. You're now just a double dickhead

Sharp-o

• WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2022, 05:11:39 AM »
Unnecessary powerslides and movements in lines make me see red. Also stretching out clips after the make. I don't want to see a flatground kickflip 30 seconds after a hammer.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2022, 06:11:12 AM »
Unnecessary powerslides and movements in lines make me see red. Also stretching out clips after the make. I don't want to see a flatground kickflip 30 seconds after a hammer.

Sorry to keep being a barnacle attached to everybody else's pet peeve but this one always bothered me. Flatground isnt a line. Sure do some to spice things up between obstacles but trick on flat I don't care. If you can do legit ledge and stairs or whatever I expect you can do a fliptrick on flat

BallparkFrank

• Rep: 11
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2022, 09:43:11 AM »
Mice or big crunchy beetles stuck in the bowl

Frank and Fred

« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2022, 10:24:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sorry to keep being a barnacle attached to everybody else's pet peeve but this one always bothered me. Flatground isnt a line. Sure do some to spice things up between obstacles but trick on flat I don't care. If you can do legit ledge and stairs or whatever I expect you can do a fliptrick on flat

Strongly disagree with all of this. Mainly because I am traumatized from the Hammer Era where clips were just Hammer after Hammer, one banger after another quickly edited with no time to breathe or digest what happened. I had to stop watching videos at that point. I was relieved to see the return of seeing how a skateboarder approached 'The Trick' and what happened after. I love all the in between shit, pushing, turning, sliding and flat ground additions. It's often more interesting to me than the showcase move.

Sharp-o

• WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2022, 02:01:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Strongly disagree with all of this. Mainly because I am traumatized from the Hammer Era where clips were just Hammer after Hammer, one banger after another quickly edited with no time to breathe or digest what happened. I had to stop watching videos at that point. I was relieved to see the return of seeing how a skateboarder approached 'The Trick' and what happened after. I love all the in between shit, pushing, turning, sliding and flat ground additions. It's often more interesting to me than the showcase move.

Yea but if that shit that happens after the trick is not natural it just looks goofy.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2022, 03:31:15 AM »
Real weird one for me personally and I'd never be that bothered seeing it in person but when people do two 180s in a row that don't match. Worst be front 180 and then halfcab back.
Like front 180 then front halfcab work as a regs then fakie thing, front 180 then switch front 180 as a mirror, front 180 then switch back 180 as a full circle. But every 180 has one it doesn't quite flow well with.

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2022, 10:32:43 PM »
Here's a meta one. Whenever I see someone on here write "axel" instead of "axle", I immediately dismiss them as clowns.

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #190 on: January 14, 2022, 04:48:59 AM »
Fake gnarly guys. Like head to toe tattoos some punk setup with the crazy grip art smoking drinking being a loud dickhead but then skate like a scared baby triple hopping a boneless on a mellow bank or barely leveling a Slappy noseslide.

These guys are funny

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #191 on: January 14, 2022, 08:23:01 AM »
Here's a meta one. Whenever I see someone on here write "axel" instead of "axle", I immediately dismiss them as clowns.

Yep.
Lense for lens hurts my brain too…

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2022, 02:01:32 AM »
Core shoe vs corpo shoe bullshit. Mainly people making unfair comparisons or generally just not knowing what they're talking about. If you weren't at least mid teens in 2002 I don't really value your opinion. You were too young to know what was going on.
Situation was usually it was easier to get Nike SB than proper skate shoes in the early 00s. Some were good and some were literally the worst shoes I've ever had. There were plenty of years where the skate companies made both good and bad shoes and Nike did too.
Or when people had a pair of emerica provost vulcs then get a pair of dunk highs and are like derrrp the nikes are so much better and more comfy. No shit dickhead. Maybe try compare shitty skate company vulc shoes to the budget Nike vulc shoes

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2022, 06:21:26 PM »
Probably been mentioned beforehand mine is a combination of a few things. Cool guy snootiness wouldn’t mind it if they were eventually my peers lol but usually they are too cool to talk or wear earbuds.
Dueces Bitch's

santakaupas

• Rep: 3
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2022, 04:02:31 PM »
I cannot stand skating in all black shoes, will do anything to not,
also homies that skate the same flat spot and never skate anything else

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2022, 07:17:13 PM »
I've given kids with bad flat spots a decent set of used wheels before because the sound is distracting to me. The worst is when a kid doesn't take the hint and continues to skate with his noisy set.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2022, 08:54:53 AM »
The sound of flat spots is a good one. Anoying as fuck.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2022, 09:14:08 AM »
When people who can't roll around and control the board on flat come to the skatepark and run into me

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2022, 01:55:08 AM »
Sponsored skaters that feel entiteld to snake anybody who is below their skill level.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2022, 05:28:01 AM »
Skate/rollerskate/scoot against or across the flow at the park, with earbuds in for extra lameness. Bonus points for when they set up their camera to film.
Get there early if you want to do that shit, not during peak.

danmasontree

• Rep: 10
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2022, 07:54:51 PM »
Ticktacing after a trick on purpose when it’s not needed.

When you’re trying a trick numerous times and struggling with it and someone else rolls up and does it.

Getting snaked when you’ve clearly been waiting to go.

Someone who goes right after you and doesn’t even give you a chance to get out of the way and then gets mad at you.

When people blast their blu tooth speaker so the whole park can hear.

Insanely waxing something other people are skating without asking.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2022, 02:41:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yea but if that shit that happens after the trick is not natural it just looks goofy.
I disagree too, I think that just shows they are still having fun, like Rowley on Sorry those ”after hammer” impossible and nollie flip are more memorable to me than his huge boardslide.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2022, 02:59:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I disagree too, I think that just shows they are still having fun, like Rowley on Sorry those ”after hammer” impossible and nollie flip are more memorable to me than his huge boardslide.
Those "lines" aren't really what I'm talking about. They are more improv style. I doubt Rowley was like I'm going to do the trick then this and that flat trick. I'm mainly over the trick on flat then push ten times and do the actual trick but with full intention of using the whole clip not just them doing whatever

fur lined sea

• Rep: 223
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2022, 03:51:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Can't be too memorable because it was a 360 flip. Just kidding, after watching that part so many times growing up I still do lazy nollie flips just like that with my back foot barely holding on. I'm positive it's because of that clip - 5:42.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYg4ertEUeo

I've been coming back to Sorry a lot lately, the whole thing is even more insane looking back on it. Fakie tailslide UCI and 5-0 pop shuv the Miami hubba are things you still don't see (same could be said for the whole part).
Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2022, 07:36:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Can't be too memorable because it was a 360 flip. Just kidding, after watching that part so many times growing up I still do lazy nollie flips just like that with my back foot barely holding on. I'm positive it's because of that clip - 5:42.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYg4ertEUeo

I've been coming back to Sorry a lot lately, the whole thing is even more insane looking back on it. Fakie tailslide UCI and 5-0 pop shuv the Miami hubba are things you still don't see (same could be said for the whole part).
Haha fuck. I was so sure it was impossible, need to rewatch Sorry asap.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2022, 05:06:56 PM »
People skating in big hoodies with their sleeves over their hands, flopping around like dopey from Snow White.

Get hungry on it!

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2022, 01:09:42 PM »
Young skaters with horrible etiquette and older skaters around them not correcting them.

I’m not saying getting yelled at by the big boys at the skatepark as a young kid is a great experience but damnit if I didn’t learn how to act.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2022, 01:14:00 PM »
The phrase “two piece”. I don’t know why it annoys me so much, it just has such an arrogance about it.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2022, 05:57:09 PM »
I dunno if this is too specific or not, but every now and then at the park I run into people who talk like video game NPCs trying to give you a mission or something. Like I'll walk in and instead of just saying hello they'll always like "YO, YOU HERE TO GET CLIPS?!" or "WHAT'S THE TRICK/LINE?!"

it's very annoying lol

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2022, 06:06:42 PM »
Not landing shit