Author Topic: Your skateboarding pet peeves?  (Read 27207 times)

SlapRhaters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Your skateboarding pet peeves?
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2020, 07:21:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Agree with the spitting on the park, i instantly call those guys out and first i tell them you do it again and i'm beating the fuck out of you, then i say that if i end up riding over any spit i'm truck fucking the shit of you. This has always worked in the past but if it doesn't work i wouldn't be afraid to go to my car and grab my gun.“
This is exactly what you posted dumbass. Where in there does it say anything about your protecting yourself? You seriously must have some mental issues, atleast edit your old post if you’re going to try and lie about what you said. Nobody tried to flex on you with street skating, you tried to flex on us with skateparks. If you’re such a skate god drop your most recent part or quit talking all the game.
[close]
Nice reading comprehension person, i don't have to edit my post because you literally quoted it " BUT IF IT DOESNT WORK " clearly implies that i tried to call them out on it, it didn't work and if it didn't work it clearly means i was met back with violence and threats hence protecting myself and others. Also i don't have to drop my recent part considering you guys have already done that for me :)
[close]
I don’t remember any Ben Kadow or Richie Jackson parts being discussed on here lately but I’m sure there’s a thread on photo/video with a few comments about how wack your skating is. In all seriousness, I know you’ve never filmed shit in your life. You’re the definition of a pretender trying to act like you’re some pro. I’ll say I’m not a pro but atleast I don’t cosplay as one on the internet (:
[close]
Way to change the topic because you knew you were wrong as fuck

piss off.
[close]
If you were really a pro skater you wouldn’t be so pressed when called out about your lil skit. Quit trying to impress everyone here weirdo, we all know you’re a pretender
[close]
When did i say i was a pro skater? you do realize assuming things is a trait of people who have low IQ's right ?
[close]
Moving the goalpost
[close]

quoting me multiple times in a row even though i didn't respond to you, somebodies butthurt.
[close]
You responded every single time and even completely edited your post. You’re so mad your vagina is probably bleeding. And you’re changing the topic again. Pretender
[close]
That's incorrect, anyone looking at the posts can clearly see you quoted me twice in a row, couldn't even imagine how many texts you sent your ex while she was with me lol.
[close]
Dude we all saw you post some rant and then immediately changed the whole thing completely. Of course more childish prentend scenarios from you. I bet you’ve never been with a girl in your life and gay dudes won’t touch you either. When will your pretending stop
proof? idk if your incoherent rambling is serious or not at this point.

wrTcHDfKN4nTZ

• Rep: 3
  • Glue
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2020, 07:21:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
“Agree with the spitting on the park, i instantly call those guys out and first i tell them you do it again and i'm beating the fuck out of you, then i say that if i end up riding over any spit i'm truck fucking the shit of you. This has always worked in the past but if it doesn't work i wouldn't be afraid to go to my car and grab my gun.“
This is exactly what you posted dumbass. Where in there does it say anything about your protecting yourself? You seriously must have some mental issues, atleast edit your old post if you’re going to try and lie about what you said. Nobody tried to flex on you with street skating, you tried to flex on us with skateparks. If you’re such a skate god drop your most recent part or quit talking all the game.
[close]
Nice reading comprehension person, i don't have to edit my post because you literally quoted it " BUT IF IT DOESNT WORK " clearly implies that i tried to call them out on it, it didn't work and if it didn't work it clearly means i was met back with violence and threats hence protecting myself and others. Also i don't have to drop my recent part considering you guys have already done that for me :)
[close]
I don’t remember any Ben Kadow or Richie Jackson parts being discussed on here lately but I’m sure there’s a thread on photo/video with a few comments about how wack your skating is. In all seriousness, I know you’ve never filmed shit in your life. You’re the definition of a pretender trying to act like you’re some pro. I’ll say I’m not a pro but atleast I don’t cosplay as one on the internet (:
[close]

piss off.
[close]
If you were really a pro skater you wouldn’t be so pressed when called out about your lil skit. Quit trying to impress everyone here weirdo, we all know you’re a pretender
[close]
When did i say i was a pro skater? you do realize assuming things is a trait of people who have low IQ's right ?
[close]
Moving the goalpost
[close]

quoting me multiple times in a row even though i didn't respond to you, somebodies butthurt.

This guy probably talks shit about everyone else at the park coz he's so insecure and paranoid everyone else is talking shit about him behind his back, with no real reason to think that way other than having an over inflated ego. Just another one of my pet peeves lmao
Dude just pop...

SlapRhaters

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2020, 07:38:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

piss off.
[close]
[close]
[close]
Moving the goalpost
[close]

[close]

This guy probably talks shit about everyone else at the park coz he's so insecure and paranoid everyone else is talking shit about him behind his back, with no real reason to think that way other than having an over inflated ego. Just another one of my pet peeves lmao
Yeah lol i'm not sure why he is so obsessed with me haha

wrTcHDfKN4nTZ

• Rep: 3
  • Glue
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2020, 08:21:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

piss off.
[close]
[close]
[close]
Moving the goalpost
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah you definetly have a delusional sense of self importance hahaha
Dude just pop...

SlapRhaters

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2020, 08:29:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

piss off.
[close]
[close]
[close]
Moving the goalpost
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

That should be proof alone that i rip on the board haha

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2020, 06:20:18 AM »
i fucking hate ghost pop

my nose/tail is worn down by almost an inch, but i can't afford a new deck right now. Every trick I do I barely pop and as a result the board doesn't stick to my feet good and even though I can still land my tricks, I hate the way they feel all sloppy and shitty.

I don't even know if its my board, it could just be me sucking balls. You could potentially still pop it, i mean, theres still wood beyond the bolts right? I know kids who can skate the most squared off shit and they pop their tricks just fine.

Anybody know any tips or causes for ghost pop?
Ghost pop happens when the wheelbase is either too long or too short, sometimes you have to go through truck madness to sort out that feeling butttttttt the results will make you love that deck or those trucks a thousand x's more.

I had a thread about this awhile back https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=107458.msg3128908#msg3128908

I've found a short wheelbase helps with a thunder or venture now longer wheelbases the opposite affect happens like an Ace or Indy.
Dueces Bitch's

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2020, 07:55:40 PM »
People who dont skate watching me skate and I dont mean somebody just casually walking by cause I'm cool with that but when somebody sits down or lingers around for too long then yeah that gets to me

No weird cut or colored grip

Have to have low trucks with 50mm or smaller wheels

Have to have all black hardware except for 1 colored indicator bolt in the top left of the nose

Last but not least those "do a kickflip" fuckers

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 08:19:38 PM by DA BIG BODY BENZ »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2020, 08:19:10 PM »
Expand Quote
i fucking hate ghost pop

my nose/tail is worn down by almost an inch, but i can't afford a new deck right now. Every trick I do I barely pop and as a result the board doesn't stick to my feet good and even though I can still land my tricks, I hate the way they feel all sloppy and shitty.

I don't even know if its my board, it could just be me sucking balls. You could potentially still pop it, i mean, theres still wood beyond the bolts right? I know kids who can skate the most squared off shit and they pop their tricks just fine.

[close]
Ghost pop happens when the wheelbase is either too long or too short, sometimes you have to go through truck madness to sort out that feeling butttttttt the results will make you love that deck or those trucks a thousand x's more.

I had a thread about this awhile back https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=107458.msg3128908#msg3128908

I've found a short wheelbase helps with a thunder or venture now longer wheelbases the opposite affect happens like an Ace or Indy.

Brah why did you send him down the dark path of gear madness.

I'll agree, trying to find that perfect setup where all the parts work right is addictive but also time consuming. The more time you spend messing around with your setup means less time you get to spend actually getting used to your setup. I try and limit my changes to broad strokes (tiny WB = Ventures, small WB = Thunder, large WB = Indy); you know pretty quickly when you first set up your board if things are going to work or not.

(let's not get into cast vs forged baseplates, wheel size, fingers of flat, concave, kick steepness, risers, bushings and pivot cups)
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2020, 06:43:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i fucking hate ghost pop

[close]

[close]

Brah why did you send him down the dark path of gear madness.

I'll agree, trying to find that perfect setup where all the parts work right is addictive but also time consuming. The more time you spend messing around with your setup means less time you get to spend actually getting used to your setup. I try and limit my changes to broad strokes (tiny WB = Ventures, small WB = Thunder, large WB = Indy); you know pretty quickly when you first set up your board if things are going to work or not.

(let's not get into cast vs forged baseplates, wheel size, fingers of flat, concave, kick steepness, risers, bushings and pivot cups)
No need to go there with that madness as you said short WB Thunder/Ventures Wide Indys/Ace or equivalent with lesser brands.

All black grip (maybe a line or two like Drehobl no colorized grip) raw trucks or solid colored trucks no fancy shmancy sparkly or colorway, allen bolts, white wheels preferably wide conicals or something similar.

peeves hmmmm chips dinged sides razortail dirt or dog shit gum I'm over it and I'll cut that grip out.

Randoms yelling do a --------- trick! No! how bout fuck off!

Meatheads at the park you know the type the ones that  take themselves way too seriously these guys can fuck the fuck off.

People who rage at the park?! why?! you sour the mood by getting mad at a piece of wood......

Oh and the types of people who ask too many questions like what about this brand yada etc etc....? like what you wanna like who cares? except Braille and co. they should be on pedophile watch list.
Dueces Bitch's

Brguy

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2020, 12:26:24 PM »
Twisting my ankle every year or so.

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2020, 08:22:32 AM »
My friends who smoke as soon as they get to the spot and then proceed to not skate.

I take care of my curbs.

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2020, 10:17:49 AM »
I don’t like when people pull their pant legs up between tricks.  Like, they grab the pant legs off of their quads and do the quick little yank then do the trick.  Rob Welsh had pants 5 times the size of any dude today and he just let them hang.  Man up.

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2020, 08:57:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

piss off.
[close]
[close]
[close]
Moving the goalpost
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
That should be proof alone that i rip on the board haha

your those all-important meatheads i dislike u need to chill.

Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2020, 06:34:55 PM »
Pushing my board out in front to jump on (or getting a running start)and clipping the tail with my foot so that I trip. Like Full blown, board flying in the air, belly slide to scorpion slam. We’ve all been there. There is no way to pull it off and not look like an idiot.

Any ledge trick done to full stop or tapped off the last 2 inches of ledge.

Inverts that don’t go overhead/ stall= 2/3 of today’s vert pros.

Lining up to skate an obstacle.

Gum.

Tweekyn

• Rep: 9
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2020, 09:46:30 AM »
Not with skateboarding itself as a sport, but why the fuck do skate shops mail the free grip that comes with a new deck rolled up? If I am buying a deck and it is coming in a box that is essentially a little bit bigger than the length and width of the deck, just lay the grip flat on top of the deck, in the box. Other skate shops do it. Having to unravel and apply grip after it's been rolled up and sitting in a hot cardboard box through distribution is so fucking annoying. I usually end up with it flat on the deck but with a few more air bubbles than I normally would  have. Granted, thank you for the free grip and I should just be able to put on grip better, but it just seems like such an easy fix, especially if its coming with a new deck.

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2020, 10:52:58 PM »
People calling it "tre flip".
This pissed me off like 10-15 years ago when the younger kids started saying it, but what blows my mind is that even the older generation, including people older than myself, who definitely never grew up with it, are saying it now. Even I end up saying it by mistake because the dumbfuckery rubs off on me, and it makes me wanna eat a gun every time. What the fuck is up with this dumb term?

No, seriously. I've been asking people for a decade to explain to me how the fuck "360 flip" becomes "tre / trey", and I've never gotten a remotely logical answer. Was is suddenly renamed after some dude named Trey who had really steezy 360 flips?

"three flip" sounds dumb as hell too. When people tell me if I can do one, I either do three kickflips in a row, or try to do a triple kickflip just to confuse them. However, at least "three" has some logic to it, just like we often say "backside five" as an abbreviation for "backside 540". But how the hell did "three" turn into "trey"? Was it some dumb Americans failing to copy a french guy with a speech impediment? Someone please relieve me from this hell of not knowing why the whole world has gone to shit!

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2020, 02:57:34 AM »
people shouting YEWWWWW after every. single. fucking. trick

i get being hyped for your homies but is it really necessary on go to tricks

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2020, 01:02:43 PM »
How few tricks I got

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2020, 03:31:10 AM »
This pissed me off like 10-15 years ago when the younger kids started saying it, but what blows my mind is that even the older generation, including people older than myself, who definitely never grew up with it, are saying it now. Even I end up saying it by mistake because the dumbfuckery rubs off on me, and it makes me wanna eat a gun every time. What the fuck is up with this dumb term?

No, seriously. I've been asking people for a decade to explain to me how the fuck "360 flip" becomes "tre / trey", and I've never gotten a remotely logical answer. Was is suddenly renamed after some dude named Trey who had really steezy 360 flips?

"three flip" sounds dumb as hell too. When people tell me if I can do one, I either do three kickflips in a row, or try to do a triple kickflip just to confuse them. However, at least "three" has some logic to it, just like we often say "backside five" as an abbreviation for "backside 540". But how the hell did "three" turn into "trey"? Was it some dumb Americans failing to copy a french guy with a speech impediment? Someone please relieve me from this hell of not knowing why the whole world has gone to shit!

Do you still call kickflips 'ollie kickflips'?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2020, 07:40:12 AM »

I don't really have a logical reason, but I agree about "tre flips". Something about that phrase just annoys me. But for some reason I still like "switch tre", "fakie tre" and "nollie tre".

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2020, 07:21:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't really have a logical reason, but I agree about "tre flips". Something about that phrase just annoys me. But for some reason I still like "switch tre", "fakie tre" and "nollie tre".
I also concur with this sentiment I abhor the truncating of words example cra cra, F'real, tre flip, 3 flip,  what is a easily enunciated name just call it 360 flip wtf is the matter with you?

I guess the laziness of certain terms is easily rubbed off as I've said something of the variance just I hate it when it leaves my mouth.

I believe it was in Tennessee that it really honed in on my annoyance for when someone says Haaauy Man Duu a Tray Frip think of the most annoying redneck hick accent combined with the screeching sound of forks on a plate, that's how ear raping and painfully annoying it sounds.
Dueces Bitch's

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2020, 01:11:29 AM »
normies or skateboarder talking about Rodney Mullen

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2020, 04:45:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I also concur with this sentiment I abhor the truncating of words example cra cra, F'real, tre flip, 3 flip,  what is a easily enunciated name just call it 360 flip wtf is the matter with you?

I guess the laziness of certain terms is easily rubbed off as I've said something of the variance just I hate it when it leaves my mouth.

I believe it was in Tennessee that it really honed in on my annoyance for when someone says Haaauy Man Duu a Tray Frip think of the most annoying redneck hick accent combined with the screeching sound of forks on a plate, that's how ear raping and painfully annoying it sounds.

::) ???

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2020, 03:49:22 PM »
people shouting YEWWWWW after every. single. fucking. trick

i get being hyped for your homies but is it really necessary on go to tricks

Ha totally, not to mention how annoying that is in videos or rewatching footage.  If there is a camera out, just watch and enjoy and congratulate afterwards.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2020, 03:53:28 PM »
Nobody said this one that I can see:

When people you know or skate with always cry poor, have thrashed boards and want things for free, but all their social media accounts show them looking like they are living the high life, fancy meals, drinks, weed or whatever.

If you can afford to live it up when you are not skating I have no sympathy for you if you cannot afford a board, shoes or the basics like that.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2020, 05:01:26 PM »
Getting mad at not landing tricks. I try not to but I'm human so I do but it's really shitty and I feel lika brat when I do it. Wah wah waaah my toy doesn't spin how I want, terrible.
Whoa. Danger.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2020, 06:59:19 PM »
Most things have already been said by others, from what I could see that I would think are on my list.

Another one though, re wax.

I have no issue with using wax, but I would get very annoyed by kids I see who cannot really skate, over waxing everything they can to try to grind or slide it but still not making it any better on themselves, but at the same time making the obstacle almost unskateable with too much wax on everything.

More than a few guys I know have ended up with broken bones from slipping out on over waxed things, granted some of them are older and not kids, but I have still seen a few kids slip on wax and get solid injuries too over the years.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2020, 07:06:45 PM »
Word if you wax the fuck out of a ledge during a session you gotta back lip it

Slipping out on a ledge like that is terrifying
listen to cosmic psychos

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2020, 02:53:26 PM »
1. have stressful day. +++++desire to go skate after work

2. Go skate. You suck. Everything is all over the place, you have no control, and you miss basic tricks

3. Get mad, increase in desire to yell/throw ur shit but u would feel 100x dumber if u actually did it

4. Madness makes u suck even more

5. Start saying fuck under ur breath until u start yelling fuck

6. look like dickhead and want to go home before u kook urself into oblivion, but damnit u just want 1 well-done trick

7. go home mad, a lil injured, having not landed shit, still wanting to skate, still stressed out from work. What do u even do now? Too mad to jack off. TV/videogames suck.

Glurmpz

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2020, 04:02:28 PM »

No, seriously. I've been asking people for a decade to explain to me how the fuck "360 flip" becomes "tre / trey", and I've never gotten a remotely logical answer.

But how the hell did "three" turn into "trey"?

You seriously don't know that "tres" is 3 in Spanish?! We barely have any Mexicans in Canada and Spanish is not a common language here and even I knew that "tre flip" comes from "tres". My friend and I both say "bomb" for 360 flips, which comes from people saying "tre bomb".

My own pet peeves? I have a bunch but for today I'll say... friends who never skate, and then when they finally come out to skate they just sit down right away and sulk about how they suck at skating now, like they don't know why. I'm so sick of it that I've kind of starting being blunt about it with friends who do it. "Yup. Pretty obvious. You don't skate. You'd be better if you did. It's not rocket science." Usually met with a response about how they're so sore now that they're older, as if I'm not even older with more serious injuries under my belt. People just need to own that they got lazy and don't want to put in the effort anymore, but I guess it's a hard pill to swallow.

Oh, and people like SlapRHaters skateboarding at all - that sucks. Spitting sucks, but if you're the type of person who would threaten to fight a person, truck a person, or GET A FUCKING GUN... over spitting... you need to just stay at home away from normal humans who aren't a danger to others like yourself.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 04:14:33 PM by Glurmpz »